• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

learning styles and mbti??

liYA

learning styles

abstract random is NF
abstract sequential NT
concrete random SF
concrete sequential ST

what about...

naturalistic
intrapersonal- fi?
interpersonal
linguistic
visual-spatial
logical mathematical
bodily kinesthetic

??

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know, I was actually thinking about this recently.

First, let me start of by saying that multiple intelligences can apply differently to people of all types; everyone is different: there can be those who are N and have high kinesthetic IQ's and there can be those who are I and have high social skill IQ's. Therefore, in realtion to cognitive function, I'll list which types realtes most probably to each different intelligence.

Kinesthetic - Se
Intrapersonal - Fi
Interpersonal - Fe
Logical Mathematical - Te or Ti
Spatial - Ni/Se or Ne
Musical - Se
Linguistic - Si
Natural - Fe

Some of these may be wrong since I'm no expert on this matter.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know, I was actually thinking about this recently.

First, let me start of by saying that multiple intelligences can apply differently to people of all types; everyone is different: there can be those who are N and have high kinesthetic IQ's and there can be those who are I and have high social skill IQ's. Therefore, in realtion to cognitive function, I'll list which types realtes most probably to each different intelligence.

Kinesthetic - Se
Intrapersonal - Fi
Interpersonal - Fe
Logical Mathematical - Te or Ti
Spatial - Ni/Se or Ne
Musical - Se
Linguistic - Si
Natural - Fe

Some of these may be wrong since I'm no expert on this matter.

disagree on most of them
Kinesthetic: Se
Intrapersonal: Fi, Ne, Ni
Interpersonal: Fe, Ne
Logical/Mathmatical: Ti, Ne, Ni, Te
Spatial: Ne, Ni, Se
Musical: Fi, Fe, Ne, Se, Si,
Linguistic: Ne, Fi, Si, Ni
Natural: Fi
given the Ne and Fi prevailence, ENFPs and INFPs must be pretty smart :yes:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had no idea what the first ones were so I googled them. Surprisingly, it does fit for me (I guess I'm always a skeptic).

from http://www.floatingneutrinos.com/Message/arcs/links_on_abstractrandom.htm:

Ordered-seqential prefers:

Order and quiet
Exact directions
Guided Practice
Know the accepted way of doing something
Can apply ideas in a practical, hands-on way
Are given approval for specific work done

It's not very different from the NT one, which also applies to me. I'd prefer both lists to happen at once (or at different times, when they conflict). Actually of the 4 categories, the only one I don't identify with is abstract-random (NF), which makes sense since NF is definitely the least likely type for me.

Lecture and reading
Follow traditional procedures
Work alone
Research
Logical explanations
Are respected for intellectual ability
--------------

Anyway getting to your question:

Your list is different intelligence types, not learning styles. With that in mind, I would imagine that the intelligence types would be commonly used by:

Kinesthetic - Se
Intrapersonal - Fi
Interpersonal - Fe
Logical Mathematical - Ti, especially when supported by Ne
Spatial - Se, Ti
Musical - Could be Si, Ni, Ti, Fi, Te/Ne/Se, anything really depending on the approach....maybe more likely the introverted functions
Linguistic - Ne? Ti? Ni? Si? I don't really know for this one
Naturalist - Si, Se?

edit: I think calling them "intelligence" is silly, though. More like "ways of thinking"

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
learning styles

abstract random is NF
abstract sequential NT
concrete random SF
concrete sequential ST

I've thought about this before when it was brought up in another forum. Honestly, I would put concrete random as SP and concrete sequential as SJ. Reading their descriptions, I could definitely see how they would correlate to each other eg. concrete random taking risks.

what about...

naturalistic
intrapersonal- fi?
interpersonal
linguistic
visual-spatial
logical mathematical
bodily kinesthetic

??

TBH, I never liked that 'system'. It has no scientific backing, and I don't even see how some of those can even be considered intelligence. WTF is natural intelligence?