• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm nothing like my type profile(ENTJ)

Rasputin

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm not sure about the taking risks part. I'm a very cautious person, I don't at all consider myself a risk-taker. I consider making the best possible plan to entail minimizing risk. I will, however, act on ideals that I hold to very strongly, even if there is little hope of their actualization. Is this what you mean by risk?

I do relate to enjoying sensory pleasures, to an extent. I love to listen to music for a great portion of may day, preferably pretty loudly. I enjoy drinking alcohol, sometimes a beer or two in the evening to relax, but a lot more when I was younger. I'm also very particular about my food and like to enjoy my food. But I've gotten really into eating a healthy diet as I have gotten older, as well. All things in moderation.

Don't know about speed. Sometimes I do things quickly, if I'm in a hurry. But I'm usually a thorough person. If I'm in a hurry, I'll do things in a hurry, even slinging things around, and what not, just to get them done fast, but that's not how I am all the time.

I like stimulation. I'm most often looking around me for sources of stimulation, be it music, someone to talk to, what have you. I'm an intense person. I get intense in conversation and debate, and I have a hard time sitting still, especially while listening to music. I've always been very energetic and hyper.

Do you relate to these things, as well?

augmented

MBTI Type
ENTP
to the OP: you sound a lot like me/my brother. i think you're either ENTP or INFJ, given your first 4 functions. if you wanna find out your true type, you should figure out exactly which way your intuition goes - Ne or Ni. The whole FeTi thing is one that I identify with...image conscious and analyzing others, right? I don't necessarily think caring how others perceive you makes you an E, but i'm thinking you probably are one anyway based on the other stuff youve said.

function theory makes sense but sometimes its kinda weird. i too often feel like i intuit both ways, why should we have to be restricted to one?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm not sure about the taking risks part. I'm a very cautious person, I don't at all consider myself a risk-taker. I consider making the best possible plan to entail minimizing risk. I will, however, act on ideals that I hold to very strongly, even if there is little hope of their actualization. Is this what you mean by risk?

I do relate to enjoying sensory pleasures, to an extent. I love to listen to music for a great portion of may day, preferably pretty loudly. I enjoy drinking alcohol, sometimes a beer or two in the evening to relax, but a lot more when I was younger. I'm also very particular about my food and like to enjoy my food. But I've gotten really into eating a healthy diet as I have gotten older, as well. All things in moderation.

Don't know about speed. Sometimes I do things quickly, if I'm in a hurry. But I'm usually a thorough person. If I'm in a hurry, I'll do things in a hurry, even slinging things around, and what not, just to get them done fast, but that's not how I am all the time.

I like stimulation. I'm most often looking around me for sources of stimulation, be it music, someone to talk to, what have you. I'm an intense person. I get intense in conversation and debate, and I have a hard time sitting still, especially while listening to music. I've always been very energetic and hyper.

Do you relate to these things, as well?

This is where Enneagram type plays a role and gives a different "flavor" to the MBTI type. If I recall correctly, you are a type 1? I am a type 8.

I am thorough and perfectionnistic if the situation calls for it. I like making big plans and having a direction. I take calculated risks. I will not do something if the odds are completely against me, but if I believe they're on my side I will. I guess that can also take into account acting based on "ideals" or a "vision" of how things should be. At the contrary to you, I am not a moderate person. I like excess in sensory pleasures. However, it all stays within controllable limits. I do not follow a particularly healthy diet, but nothing bad neither. I love stimulation. I always need to be doing something.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
F-traits: - Although I'm quite thick skinned when I'm happy when I'm under a lot of stress I can become very sensitive and start taking everything personally. Aren't T's usually 'water off a ducks back'?

1.Stress is usually what brings out inferior functions. If you're an ENTJ, then you inferior function is Fi. I think what you've said above could make a very case of being EXTJ or at least XXTJ.

2.You seem to be pretty sure you're an N though, and people seem to be able to pinpoint what their (thanks DD) auxilary function is more easily than their dominant, which can put blinders on people. From this fact alone I would say you're either an ENXJ or an INXP.

3.The only way for both 1. and 2. to work is if you're an ENTJ.

You mentioned that being called active put you off the profile. My dad's an ENTJ and he's a lazy shite.

Last edited: