• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you please guess my type?

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hello there. I was here some months ago and I was quite sure that I had an INTJ personality and all my emotionality was only the trait of my enneagram, which is Four.

Now, I know that I am not an INTJ. You know, it was very easy for me to get false MBTI test results, because I was living for a long time with some "ideal me". It was because of my low self-confidence. When I am thinking about it now, it was really stupid and I can not to wonder, why I am always so stressed and depressed. To try to be a NT when you are a NF...It's truly devastating. :dry:
(However all this post is really honest.)

Sorry for all these blah blah, I'm going to my question now. What I know is that I am XNFX (for the present). As for being the X letters, I am not sure. I think that the last letter is P. I am truly chaotic and indecisive. When I am trying to write a what-to-do list, it always ends up in the bin. I do not like them, I am more free-spirited. I plan a lot, but I rarely do what I planned. It is more for to be sure than anything else.

What I do not know, is if I am E or I. To my 11 years I was an extrovert. Now I am solitary and have not many friends (actually I have only 3) but I am still quite talkative and relatively extroverted, when I am between people who I know well. I am often daydreaming about myself speaking to a crowd of people. But in the reality I am afraid of it. When I am with people I can be outspoken but then I am angry at myself that I again said more than I should.:doh: On the other hand, with strangers I am very shy and it's the word which people who do not know me well often use when they try to describe me.

My cognitive results are this: Ne>Fi>Ni>Si>Fe>Te>Ti>Se

What is your opinion? Thank you in advance for your replies (and sorry for my bad English) :)

cfs1992

I would say that you're an NFP...

To decide between extroversion or introversion, do not trust to much in descriptions that measures it by sociability, shyness, number of friends and so on. How do you gather energy? In solitary activities/ activities that's more related with your internal world, or in activities with people/ activities related more with your external world? Do you use more Ne or Fi (by your results Ne, but IRL)? Do you feel a need of expressing what you think/ feel or you'd rather keep your thoughts/feelings just for you?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you're NFP. When I was twenty-three or so, I wanted to be an INTJ when I grew up, too. Then I wised up.

Lots of ENFPs think they're INFPs because they aren't as extroverted as they believe an extrovert should be.

Are you very expressive, do you feel compelled to share your opinions openly, regularly?

Do you consider yourself more assertive or very passive?

Are you very sensitive, yet strangely capable of distancing from your emotions in some cases, therefore appearing more happy-go-lucky or even tough and mean than you really feel inside sometimes when you're alone?

Do you constantly think about ethics, or would you rather experiment?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh - and does it come naturally to you to hit on boys, this could be hit or miss, but I see a lot of ENFP women say this, and I'm like this myself, since grade school...

Windigo

ENFPs need a lot of down time to relax and remember who they are. Often they feel compelled to talk to people and then become exhausted and pull into themselves in order to re-energize. They also sometimes (when they are younger) act like the people they are hanging out with and so need time to sort out who they are. They can get pulled into this love/hate relationship with themselves because their primary motive is to be authentic and yet in an attempt to be understanding they are easily sucked into other people's viewpoints. ENFPs can often enjoy finding out how things work and abstract ideas, they can seem very rational and logical and can be confused with rationals. On the other hand, they need to believe that everything will work out well in the end (even if they play the pessimist on the outside). Don't worry, I'm an ENJT who thought I was an ENFP as a teen, but Marmie is right. I did NOT flirt well, and was way too systematic in my dating to be an ENFP. LOL

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
How do you gather energy? In solitary activities/ activities that's more related with your internal world, or in activities with people/ activities related more with your external world? Do you use more Ne or Fi (by your results Ne, but IRL)? Do you feel a need of expressing what you think/ feel or you'd rather keep your thoughts/feelings just for you?

Definitely more in activities that are connected with my inner world. I generally live mostly in my head a bit out of reality ... The outside world I often find dry and boring, bound by conventions. I need to express my opinions, though I usually keep them (because of my shyness) for me / for my closest friends / for my family. But then I start to talk and talk with such passion that at times I myself am suprised. I can not say if I use more Ne or Fi. I have lot of ideas and thoughts and I always start to be interested in something and it's very intense...not very long. But dominant Ne users look so extremely randomly and I am not sure if I am really as this.

Do you consider yourself more assertive or very passive?

I can be very stubborn and confrontational at times but I would consider myself more as passive. Before I jump into some argument I must know the person good. I am generally afraid of social conflicts.

Are you very sensitive, yet strangely capable of distancing from your emotions in some cases, therefore appearing more happy-go-lucky or even tough and mean than you really feel inside sometimes when you're alone?

No happy-go-lucky, but yes, I am capable of distancing from my emotions. I would say that I can seem as very detached person sometimes. But I have melancholic nature not very happy.

Do you constantly think about ethics, or would you rather experiment?

I want to say that I always think about ethics, but in some cases it's just not true. I like social experiments but I am usually keep this side of my nature to myself. But well, I am not completely unethical. I have strong values.

Oh - and does it come naturally to you to hit on boys, this could be hit or miss, but I see a lot of ENFP women say this, and I'm like this myself, since grade school...

Me? Not at all. I am no-hoper in this. I am just much...intellectual? It doesn't sound like an extrovert, does it?

Last edited:

cfs1992

Well, now I can say that you're more INFP. Many INFP's sometimes confuse themselves for INTJ's, principally if they're depressed or feeling pessimistic/ hopeless.

I am just much...intellectual? It doesn't sound like an extrovert, does it?

Being intellectual is more related with iNtuition. Extroversion/ introversion do not count too much in this case... ;)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You sound very much like an INFP, with your mention of an idealized self, inner world, stubborn/passiveness, just everything. You are almost certainly an INFP.

Charnette

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you very much. I'd thought this, I just wanted to know if I am not actually a hidden extrovert.:)

What I am not sure about is my over-analyze nature. Is this common for INFPs, to analyze things again and again until they solve the problem? Isn't it more a matter of INFJs?

Then, my friend who is an ESFP (unhealthy althought) has at the moment a relationship. I was glad that she was happy. But now is it a bit of annoying. They are dependent on each other and she is always talking about him and about their romantic dates etc. What I wanted to say is that an INFP in relationship would be similar to this, not the dependence, of course not (it's only my friend's immaturity), but in the romance, wouldn't it? In every description of INFPs is said that they are very romantic, but I am not romantic in the ordinary interpretation of the word, I tend to be romantic in more gothic way...Is it normal? Or am I a freak?

Last edited:

cfs1992

Thank you very much. I thought that, I just wanted to know if I am not actually a hidden extrovert.:)

What I am not sure about is my over-analyze nature. Is this common for INFPs, to analyze things again and again until they solve the problem? Isn't it more a matter of INFJs?

Then, my friend who is an ESFP (unhealthy althought) has at the moment a relationship. I was glad that she was happy. But now is it a bit of annoying. They are dependent on each other and she is always talking about him and about their romantic dates etc. What I wanted to say is that an INFP in relationship would be similar to this, not the dependence, of course not (it's only my friend's immaturity), but in the romance, wouldn't it? In every description of INFPs is said that they are very romantic, but I am not romantic in the ordinary interpretation of the word, I tend to be romantic in more gothic way...Is it normal? Or am I a freak?

About the romantic relationships, I have an INFP friend that was very clingy with her boyfriend, and she regretted acting this way (was her first one). She's in love with him till today, and they broke up six months ago! But it's an issue of immaturity too. I think that a mature INFP will be romantic, but will know how to "dose" her/his love.

And no, you're not a freak. I'm a romantic in a very intense way, that looks like the gothic way! And it can be the consequence of reading too much romantic books of the 19th century, or just "fourness"... who knows? ;)

Last edited: