• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(IN)F My Life! ForeverJung Type?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I feel like I am not well known enough (and don't start enough non-selfish threads) to justify creating this kind of thread. But I simply have a hard time being prolific and can't seem to get my post count up to a respectable number/establish myself. I have run out of patience :steam:

Anyway, my own perceptions don't seem reliable lately and so I ask you people for your impressions if you happen to vaguely recognize me: What type do you think I am? I am guessing INF, but I am certainly open to other suggestions.

Starry

Hi Forever_Jung. I am not sure if you know me but I have read quite a few things you have posted and have always enjoyed what you have written (expect when you said...)

I get an INFJ male vibe from you. You are wondering about this now? I was surprised by the 7 in 6w7...but I may just be 'missing' that.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thanks for the input Starry! I probably am INFJ, but I don't feel "planny" enough to be a Ni-dom. Also, I dunno why I have that 7 wing, the 6w5 just sounds so angry is all. I think maybe a 6w7 with an sp-dominant stacking might account for it. IRL I am often mistaken for ENFP, so I thought maybe 6w7 would fit.

Hey I notice you're a 6 as well! I guess it's not that strange for an ENFP to be 6w7, but I feel great solidarity with NF sixes, sinces IRL they are hard to find.

Oh, and of course I know you, I enjoy your posts as well. :)

What did you mean by your parenthetical remark: "expect when you said..."

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Planny? You mean you don't feel the need to have everything planned in advance? That's one of the things I never related to much myself. I don't need everything planned in advance. I actually dislike having too many things planned in advance, but I need to have something as an option already bouncing around in my head in order to be spontaneous. Example: if a friend called me Saturday morning unexpectedly and asked if I wanted to spend the day doing <something I've never done, never been interested in>, then I'd probably say no (unless they really just wanted my company). But if that friend called Saturday morning and asked if I wanted to spend the day doing <something I've done before or I've already considered doing> then I might say yes. Js can be spontaneous, they just typically need some kind of reference point in their head established for things before being able to act spontaneously.

As far as guessing your type, I really haven't seen any strong indication of one thing or another. w7 is kinda weird for INFJ, but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Starry

Thanks for the input Starry! I probably am INFJ, but I don't feel "planny" enough to be a Ni-dom. Also, I dunno why I have that 7 wing, the 6w5 just sounds so angry is all. I think maybe a 6w7 with an sp-dominant stacking might account for it. IRL I am often mistaken for ENFP, so I thought maybe 6w7 would fit.

Hey I notice you're a 6 as well! I guess it's not that strange for an ENFP to be 6w7, but I feel great solidarity with NF sixes, sinces IRL they are hard to find.

Oh, and of course I know you, I enjoy your posts as well. :)

What did you mean by your parenthetical remark: "expect when you said..."

LOL. The 2 INFJ males I know irl are ‘hyper-planny’ but it feels very unnatural to me. Like it seems more of an adaptation rather than say…planning for the enjoyment of planning. I believe deep down inside both of these gentlemen are terrible procrastinators really. I believe one of them ‘hyper-plans’ so as never to be taken off guard (definitely 5w4)…and the other as a way to keep up a pleasing image (at first I thought he was 5w4 but I am starting to lean more towards 9w1 and I don’t know why).

Is Woody Allen a 6w7? I remember you writing something about Woody Allen that I really related to. I feel like him at times…his nervousness and look on life. the-state-i-am-in does say something along the lines of 7w6 ENFPs typing as 6w7s because their 6 wing is out-of-whack due to anxiety (?) [umm…he says it far more eloquently than I just did but I hope I explained it okay]. That could be my issue…I don’t know.

I could also see people thinking the 2 INFJ males I know were ENFP in public. Like if they were to become really excited and/or happy about something. These two can become kinda bouncy and wide-eyed when really happy. LOL.

Starry

Oh...oops I forgot the parenthetical remark answer. Oh...I shouldn't have done that. Bad ENFP bad! I was just being playful. I hope you were not overthinking that.:blush:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If this is any help, from my observations, NFJs seem more "structured" in abstract ways, particularly in relationships or concepts, than in concrete ways (the way an SJ is usually structured). For instance, NFJs tend to set goals, and while they may not plan details in advance, they have specific visions of what they would like. NFPs tend to be aware of possibilities that could align with an inner ideal, but will hesitate to define a clear goal for fear of restricting themselves & then missing out on an opportunity; this gives the "go with the flow" aspect. IMO, NFJs are also much better at keeping in regular contact with friends/family than NFPs, who are more likely to flitter in & out of people's lives, occasionally dropping off the face of the earth for awhile (more typical of INFP than ENFP). INFJs can have bouts of seclusion, but its seems far more meditated (again, structured), whereas an INFP will lapse into it without realizing it (Ne poor sense of time). Generally, INFJs seem more "deliberate".