• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XXXX

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I don't know what type I am. I've taken lots of tests, and the most common result is INTP. Even though I identify a lot with the INTP type, I've found myself displaying characteristics of ENTJs, ENTPs, INTJs, ENTPs, and even INFJs.

I'll start with the first letter: I/E

I would describe myself as introverted, but not shy. I handle myself pretty well social situations, unlike my INTP friends, who seem to be less "aware" of other's feelings and thoughts. This overlaps with the N/S and F/T part, but I think that one of my strengths is the ability to intuitively "feel" what another person is thinking and feeling at any given moment. I can't utilize this very well, though, since, even though I'm not "shy", I get pretty anxious in social situations, simply because it takes a lot of energy out of me, especially if it's with someone I'm unfamiliar with. I rarely initiate any social interaction; rather, I let it come to me. I am also somewhat afraid of being rejected, which means I never ask anyone to hang out with me or to do something for me, not because I care what they think of me, but because I'll look foolish in front of others. I'm very good at making people think a certain way about me. I also really dislike it when people pity me or feel sorry for me, which is why I never share my feelings with others, unless they're a close friend. I'm sort of rambling at this point but I hope you get a picture of this aspect of my personality.

N/S:

This is the only letter that I'm absolutely certain about. In addition to the "intuition" I talked about last paragraph with regards to social situations, my thought process is also very non-linear. I noticed recently that I don't think in words. Rather, my thought process is made up of visual things and "shades" or "vibes", which I'll talk about later. When it comes to visual things, this is a good example: When I was reading about how dysfunctional families tend to produce more dysfunctional families, I saw a child as some sort of stretchy material with a small blot of ink in the middle, and when it increased in size, so did the blot of ink ("symbolizing" a child growing into an adult). This showed that most of our values and system of morality is developed in childhood. This isn't something that I do consciously; it just happens. Another example would be a video game glitch on my PC where all sorts of numbers and foreign polygons would appear on my screen. I read that this is caused by overheating, which I thought was cool; in my head, I imagined a video card becoming so hot that it melted and all the various code and data got mixed together like melting Neopolitan ice-cream. I didn't actually "visualize" it happen, I just "sensed" it. This is sort of hard to explain, but I hope you at least somewhat understand what I'm trying to say. Another example: I was reading about scientific racism and how proponents of it were trying to limit interracial marriages because even one interracial child, provided he bred with other whites, would eventually, provided enough generations, poison the entire gene pool (I don't believe in this, by the way.) I "visualized" a drop of really powerful poison falling into a huge body of water, tainting it forever. (Again, I'm not racist at all, this is what they thought, not me.) I'll talk about "vibes" in the next section. I'm not at all interested in sports or anything like that.

T/F:

I'm interested in science, mathematics, and history, but part of why I am interested in them is because they inspire a sense of awe in the case of physics and math, and a vicarious experience in the case of history. When I read about a time period in history, I feel a sort of zeitgeist-esque thing that's pretty powerful, almost overwhelming. It's palpable. This is strongest with Ireland during the Troubles, the Soviet Union in the '80s and '90s, the United States during the '60s, and others. Still, I'm a very logical person; I tend to beat almost everybody when it comes to debates involving politics or philosophy. I like to think I'm a good writer (Don't use this post as an example), but a lot of literature to me feels arbitrary and the kind of in-depth analysis that academics often do as absurd. How are people analyzing characters who aren't even real? How do you know whether the author meant this when they wrote whatever? Dealing with arbitrariness is a big problem in my life. I can never play chess, for example, because it's arbitrary; there's no real reason why the rook can do this and the bishop can do that. If the rook moved a different way then the entire game would be different. In the last year I've become a nihilist when it comes to morality and epistemology. I'm not "depressed", but I am pretty cynical about everything. I love to offend stuck up people. I have a hard time doing things I don't like. I hate institutionalized education. Even though I'm pretty intelligent, my grades are terrible, mainly because the system is so incredibly stupid and inefficient. I'll elaborate later, since I already wrote way too much.

P/J:

My hands are tired from typing, so I'll keep this short. I'm very disorganized and absentminded, especially when bored or unmotivated. I don't think I have any "J" traits, other than maybe being determined. I'm not at all a hard worker. I am pretty assertive, though.

Some backround info about me: I'm 15, male, sophmore in High School. Career plans: Physicist, mathematician, philosopher, or chemical engineer. What else... I like video games and reading.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Something I'd like to add: The quality that I value most in people is pretty hard to describe. I know plenty of inteligent people when it comes to simple IQ terms, but they act very pretentiously. I hate pretentiousness more than any other trait. By pretentious I don't just mean the artistic kind, but intellectual pretentiousness as well (Using overly complex SAT words where they don't fit to appear intelligent and well-read.). The quality I'm talking about is the opposite of pretentiousness.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Considering that you're 15, it is possible that you type may change a bit until you reach young adult hood, so that is something important to consider.

After reading your posts though, I would say that you're probably definitely an INTP.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Maybe. My letters are INTP, but my functions are closer to INTJ than INTP.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe. My letters are INTP, but my functions are closer to INTJ than INTP.

Going letter by letter, I would have said INTP or possibly XNTP but I do see a lot of Ni in your post, so I'm not totally ruling out INTJ.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Forgot to mention something. A really big part in how I think is separating "essences" from their physical form. When you leave chips out for a while in the air, they accumulate moisture and become stale and hard. When I thought about that, I separated the concept of something over time becoming stale and hard from the actual chips. I stored that "concept" in my brain. When I later thought about how old people sometimes become boring and sedative, I "felt" the stale chips in my head. I didn't see them or anything, I just "conceptualized" it. I think this is Ni, but I may be wrong.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Perch420
Forgot to mention something. A really big part in how I think is separating "essences" from their physical form. When you leave chips out for a while in the air, they accumulate moisture and become stale and hard. When I thought about that, I separated the concept of something over time becoming stale and hard from the actual chips. I stored that "concept" in my brain. When I later thought about how old people sometimes become boring and sedative, I "felt" the stale chips in my head. I didn't see them or anything, I just "conceptualized" it. I think this is Ni, but I may be wrong.

Actually this seems to be more of an Ne/Si combo at work; you pick up a zany concept from something in the external world, and subconciously remember it, then later you draw from you memory that zany concept when you compare it to something that is theoretically related. If anything it's another indicator of the INTP cognitive function set-up: Ti - Ne - Si - Fe.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I wouldn't say it's "zany", this happens with every single concept that I come across. Another example: There was a facebook group called "Can we get everyone to join this group? or something like that. A friend said that was a futile effort, since he would never join. This "conceptualized" the idea that one person can completely thwart something that took a lot of energy to build up but not expend much energy in the process.

What would be an example of Ni, though? What Ni things did you see in my post?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Perch420
I wouldn't say it's "zany", this happens with every single concept that I come across. Another example: There was a facebook group called "Can we get everyone to join this group? or something like that. A friend said that was a futile effort, since he would never join. This "conceptualized" the idea that one person can completely thwart something that took a lot of energy to build up but not expend much energy in the process.

What would be an example of Ni, though? What Ni things did you see in my post?

Actaully this still seems to be Ne at work, it picks up on ideas relative to the external world, but Ni still could be a possibility.

Here's a link describing the functions, maybe this will help: http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
What did you notice in my post that gave off an Ni vibe?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seemed like Ni for a moment, being that you came to a sudden conclusion about that situation, but the more I think about it, the more I see Ne/Si combo at work.

Also, it is imperative to analyze the lesser funtion order of the types:

INTP: Ti - Ne - Si - Fe
INTJ: Ni - Te - Fi - Se

So if your confused on the whole Ni/Ne & Ti/Te then consider what functions you tend to use after your main ones.

Also here's a test: http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Hope that helps :)

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I use Ni, Ne, and Ti equally a much. The second most used function would probably be either Fi or Te. Bump! Come on, people!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well seems like you have some well developed funtions then. Especially considering that Ne+Ti and Ni+ Te are extremely close in strength with each other. What I would do next is read various descriptions of the INTJ and INTP types and see which one you relate too more; which ever one you realte to more should be your type :)

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Thanks, but I would appreciate more input from other people. How come nobody's replying to this? The fuck?

Sunny Ghost

I'm thinking INFx. Do you think you match up well with either Fi/Ne or Ni/Fe? Both INFx types are capable of being 5w4's, if I'm not mistaken... which would lead to resembling more INTx, though the feeling quality is most certainly there.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Actually, I've been reading more about enneagram and I'm not sure that I'm a 5w4 anymore. I have elements of both 5 wings.

I don't think either of those type combination fits me best. If I would have to pick the two functions that I use the most, I'd go with Ni and Ti.