• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yet another confused INFx

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
ENFP? Whoa, I dunno... I'm very introverted, and I don't have the energy commonly associated with ENFPs. I'm also pretty, uh... - what's the opposite of outspoken? :thinking: - about my beliefs, when I do have those. :smile:

Thanks for your thoughts, though! To be honest, I'm not sure how reliable that test was... Xi and Xe functions can be pretty close, I believe - you see quite a few INFJs with good Fi and INFPs with good Fe... :thinking:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: yeah perhaps ENFP is quite a stretch. But in that case, I'd say INFP for you :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, the only that I mostly got from the sprites was Limbic and the heart section of the enneagram. Other that, it seems more Fi to me.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Actually, the only that I mostly got from the sprites was Limbic and the heart section of the enneagram. Other that, it seems more Fi to me.

OK, I was just curious, thanks! :hug: What do you mean by "Limbic", though? And what seems Fi to you? (Feel free not to answer if I'm being obnoxious :smile:)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Limbic is an antonym of calm; the OCEAN things, it's bascially Social/Reserved, Limbic/Calm, Structured/Unstructured, Egocentric/Accepting, and Inquisitive/Non-Curious. Those who are Limbic are more prone to their emotions and more emotioanlly responsive, thus they more likely to show lots of happiness when treated well or become really nerveous when in danger or become angry when upset by something; as opposed to a calm person who's much more neutral.

The sprites seem to be a mix though of Fi and Fe, but talking with you and stuff, you seem to come off as an INFP to me.

And no you're not being obnoxious at all, I'll help you out as long as it takes :hug:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ah, I see... never got the hang of the OCEAN system. :doh: I am a bit neutral, but it's not that hard to make me nervous, and I get fidgety easily, though I don't rush people the way my dad does. People who are too serene kind of spook me, though; it's like they're "above" me and my petty neuroses. :huh:

Also, the sentiment is mutual! You can PM me whenever you need feedback on your E-Type! :yes:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Also, could you please pinpoint, if you are able to, what about what you've seen of me looks like Fi? I think there's a lot of misconceptions around when it comes to the Feeling functions, but almost every time it comes up, it becomes a ENFP/INFJ guerrilla. Phonies vs. primadonnas, if you will. :newwink: As such, I want to understand the functions better, it helps create bridges between us, instead of boxing, segregating and pitting us against each other, which is the exact opposite of what the MBTI is all about. :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, to be honest, I thought you were Fi because that was what my gut was telling me. Perhaps I should link you to a site that describes the functions in more detail.

Here ya go :) : http://www.bestfittype.com/cognitiveprocesses.html

Descriptions are at the lower part of the page, and browse the site as I think there are other more in depth descriptions of the functions. Also if I can find other descriptions later I'll post them. :)