• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a INTP or a INFP?What do you think?

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
I seem to either get INTP or INFP in results.
Depending on which test I do, some tests I always get INFP others always INTP more often I think its INTP
My latest is this
Introverted (I) 69.44% Extroverted (E) 30.56%
Intuitive (N) 51.22% Sensing (S) 48.78%
Thinking (T) 63.64% Feeling (F) 36.36%
Perceiving (P) 58.54% Judging (J) 41.46%

Your type is: INTP

I tell you abit about myself. I'm quite shy or reserved some extroverted people find me weird, or really friendly . I have a few close friends.
I spend time by myself mostly. I prefer one-on-one conversation or a small group no more than 4/5. I tend to keep myself guarded it takes alot to get me to open up to others. I'm always friendly to anyone even they annoy me, until they really get me annoyed then I started shouting back then I give up after a while. It takes ALOT to make me angry. I hate people that are too emotional. I find it hard trying to get along with other girls. Even though I have more girls as friend only ones I've known long. I feel that girls seem to judge , find me weird they don't understand me and why I don't talk as much as them. They seem more touchy feely than me Sometimes I'd talk to girls they just give me simple answers one word act not into the conversation. Then I talk to a guy even one that I may not be the closest too he seems more into the conversation.

I tend to observe the way other people act.If I set my mind on something I find it hard to let it go I have to find out more . I kinda over analyse things. I'm always thinking , just random thoughts. I'm usually think more about the past or the future than being in the now. I'm not that into reading or I'd read a chapter leave and come back like months later or never at all. I'm not into art I just see it as a picture I can't really see the meaning behind it. I'm very indecisive. I'm not the smartest or the best in maths , I've actually failed it many times. I like science , I enjoy the experiments. I like geography learning about how the world is formed I find it interesting. I like english the stories or making up stories. I'm good on the computer, started using it at a young age. I like playing games, even though I don't play them much anymore I still enjoy them.
so thats abit about me. Sorry if its long. Oh yeah I do tend to say the phrase
"I think" a lot. Not sure it that makes a difference
so am I a INTP or a INFP? btw I did watch a few youtube videos I think I'm INTP but not sure.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd say that you lean far more towards INTP than anything else really. Getting confused on the whole T/F dichotomy isn't all that uncommon (especially amongst INP's), and it may be due to the fact that your Ti and Fi functions are equal in strength.

This test should accurately determine your function strenth and type:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Make sure to post you results though.

EDIT: my 333rd post! :3 :3 :3

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
I took the test from the link you said first time I got an ISTJ I think something I've never got before But I felt I may have misunderstood the questions and I got INTP.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.3)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.5)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.5)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Temperment:Improviser

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, your Ti and Fi are extremely close, which means that your borderline on the whole t/f dichotomy. Considering that your Ti is just slightly higher then your Fi you could say that your INTP, but what I suggest instead is that you read the profile descriptions of INTP and INFP and see which one you resonate with more.

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
Thanks :) I think I'm a INTP and I watched a few youtube videos or I could just call myself a INTP/INFP borderline

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Based on what you said, it could be either. In the end, I'd tell you that it doesn't really matter. If you can identify with both, or one more than the other, great. The whole point is learning about yourself and what may make you similar or different than the people around you, and you don't need to focus on a definitive type to make that useful. Not to mention that tests on this topic are really pretty inconclusive. They may give you a good general idea, but don't feel like you need to refer to a test for a definitive answer. Get from them what you can and decide for yourself, if narrowing things down to a single type is important to you.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, another clue in the cognitive process test would be Te over Fe. Even though Fe is supposed to be "higher" than Te for an INTP, that order is not about relative strengths of the Xy functions, and if T is preferred over F (this is how the type code was originally conceived), then that is usually reflected in both attitudes of the functions. Most INTP's do have stronger Te than Fe (which is often weakest, as it is for you here), and IIRC, most FP's have Fe stronger than Te.

You had gotten another T type on the test before, and the four dichotomy test you mentioned in the beginning gave INTP with a strong T lead, so I would think all the evidence together suggests that is really what you are.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
You are both thinker and feeler. There is no dividing line. Only those who lack an intrinsic sense of self need to have identity assigned to them.
In the little parlor game we call MBTI, the four letter represent dichotomies, meaning they represent a range between two extremes. If you decide to call yourself INTP, INFP or any other type, you have decided that you prefer to align yourself with an extreme position, rather than with reality, which is almost never either/or in nature.
So be called who you think you are, or simply be yourself, with no prescriptions.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your test results are very similar to mine in the T/F divide and the Ti/Fi strengths. The things you have presented point more towards INTP, but with more information that could change.

Due to the high Fi, fluffy-bubbliness, and my username, I've had to check several times that I am not in fact an INFP in denial. I do this with a combination of my test results and looking at the descriptions for INTP and INFP, while noting which parts I relate to and which ones I don't. When I do this, I find I relate to both, but to the INTP description sizably more.

So I would suggest a lookover of these descriptions from multiple sources, and for an even more thorough confirmation you could post about what you relate to about INFP and what you don't, and we'll tell you what the tentative verdict is ;)

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
Your test results are very similar to mine in the T/F divide and the Ti/Fi strengths. The things you have presented point more towards INTP, but with more information that could change.

Due to the high Fi, fluffy-bubbliness, and my username, I've had to check several times that I am not in fact an INFP in denial. I do this with a combination of my test results and looking at the descriptions for INTP and INFP, while noting which parts I relate to and which ones I don't. When I do this, I find I relate to both, but to the INTP description sizably more.

So I would suggest a lookover of these descriptions from multiple sources, and for an even more thorough confirmation you could post about what you relate to about INFP and what you don't, and we'll tell you what the tentative verdict is ;)

Haha thats sort whats been happening I keep questioning which one it is. Some of the INFP fits me but more the INTP even though maybe not every detail the majority of it does. I also watched a few youtube videos. I guess my feeling and thinking is just quite close.