• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an INFJ?

MissLizzy

I am not too sure that I am an INFJ, so I want to see what's my real type...

Well, I am reserved, but I'm not shy (only for love and to show feelings and this kind of thing), I am called "quick witted" by people frequently. I am eloquent and very good in debates and discussions. People around me see me as an assertive kind of person, and the one who have courage to do things that other people don't (not the risk-taking thing, but stand up for something etc).

I have a strange sense of humor (it sometimes frightens my SFJ's relatives) it's a mixture of sarcasm/the dark-morbid thing, a little silliness, and caricatural imitations of people, situations. I like the "role-playing" thing.

I have a very good memory, and I can remember old things easily. I have a wide range of intellectual interests and I can talk about many subjects. I'm idealistic, but very pragmatic. When I expose my thoughts, I show aggressiveness.

Socially, I don't have many friends, but few I'm close to. And I avoid social situations. It's strange, because I talk to people easily, but I just have little interest in creating relationships with random people. An ESFP friend of mine once said that I like people but hate 'interactions' (in the sense of socialize for it's own sake).

People say that the most attractive things I have are: strong personality, intelligence, assertiveness, sense of humor and mystery. I've been called intimidating.

My family members often say that I have bad temper and that I am unemotional. And that I'm a quirky person that often come off as weird, but quiet.

I hate doing wrong and silly things. People see me as a conscientious person. I am strongly opinionated and righteous.

I am good with plans and strategy.

I consider myself to be kinda romantic. But I'm not the kind of person who's controlled by emotions or that would do crazy things for love. I control my feelings, but it do not prevents me of feeling them. Inside.

I want to teach language and literature. I'm an avid reader. I like writing and music, studying the human mind/behavior. I have a love for old things. Sometimes I feel nostalgic.

So, what's your opinions?

Thanks.

(Sorry if I made grammar mistakes, English isn't my first language.)

Last edited:

MissLizzy

Thanks for the guess.

I read the profile, and I related to this. Very much.

One thing I think is a good information, is that in a cognitive processes test, I score Ni and Fi very high, followed by Te, then Ti, Ne, Si, and the lowest scores are Se and Fe. I never scored INFJ in these tests, only in letter based tests, sometimes.

And yeah, lack of Fe proves that I'm not really an INFJ.

So, being a girl and so on, maybe I am more into Fi because of it?

Anyone else agree with INTJ?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you have higher values for Te, Ti, and Fi, and much lower values for Fe, you are more likely an INTJ. It is likely that you do have a very well developed Fi.

If you were INFJ, then you'd have higher scores for Fe, and even if it fluctuates and is a little lower than Te, you'd have higher scores in both Fe and Fi combined, in comparison to the scores of Ti and Te combined.

I tend to fluctuate between the INTJ and INFJ divide, but my Fe scores tend to be higher than yours, which is more indicative of INFJ traits.

Another way to think of it is to reflect back to how you acted with others when you were younger. If you found yourself being more into studying a topic and building systems for the future, rather than encouraging harmonious relationships between people and yourself, chances are you are more INTJ.

MissLizzy

If you have higher values for Te, Ti, and Fi, and much lower values for Fe, you are more likely an INTJ. It is likely that you do have a very well developed Fi.

If you were INFJ, then you'd have higher scores for Fe, and even if it fluctuates and is a little lower than Te, you'd have higher scores in both Fe and Fi combined, in comparison to the scores of Ti and Te combined.

I tend to fluctuate between the INTJ and INFJ divide, but my Fe scores tend to be higher than yours, which is more indicative of INFJ traits.

Another way to think of it is to reflect back to how you acted with others when you were younger. If you found yourself being more into studying a topic and building systems for the future, rather than encouraging harmonious relationships between people and yourself, chances are you are more INTJ.

My Fe scores are really one of my lowest, in tests it comes off like "limited".

When I was younger, I had many difficulties creating relationships, I excluded myself from others and spent my time in the school library reading, studying etc. Many times I was involved in fights and conflicts with others. I was different from other girls, had other interests, other way of thinking, and I'm not the kind of person that changes just to "fit" in a group or create relationships. So conflicts were inevitable, I rarely created harmonious relationships this time, only when people accepted me the way I am. It only started to get better when I was 16 (I'm 18 today), when I created few close friendships that made me feel good, and started to be a little more tolerant of people in general. I'm kinda intolerant, principally about ideas and ways of thinking, heh...