• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could someone analyze my cognitive function results for me?

xisnotx

Permabanned
Recently my test results have been very inconsistent. The only thing I get over and over again is ixtx. In the last two days I've gotten istp,istj,intp, and intj. It's quite annoying. These are my latest results..

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34.4)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP

I'm consistently testing around 60% in the i and t categories and borderline for the s/n and j/p dichotomies. Reading the type descriptions I can relate to all IxTx types. Could someone please help?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My best guess would be: Think more about yourself .
Since I doubt that you are actually that balanced.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your results are too close to analyze properly, it's hard to judge any order in your traits.
(So Antisocial's advice makes sense. You need to differentiate better on the test, rather than being the same in everything.)

xisnotx

Permabanned
^ test isn't working.
In an effort to try to understand the different cognitive functions I've been trying to "experience" them rather than just reading about them. I've been going back and "re-living" real life situations in my mind (something I believe is Si) and thinking about different possible meanings I missed the first time (something I believe I was doing with Ne). When I've thought of a few different explanations or alternate meanings I evaluate them to see which is one seems most likely. I then store this information away (I'm not sure for what yet). Is this Ni? I've noticed this process is actually physically exhausting. It's also pretty hard as I get frustrated at how little actual "physical hard data" I take in (something I believe is Se). Is Ni dependent on Se? If I was using Ni I can see how it's dependent on Se.

In contrast is Ne simply thinking about all the possibilities but not "going back" and re-living to seek alternate meanings that were missed and also not evaluating the possibilities to see which are most likely? Instead it attempts merely to know as many possibilities as possible?

And lastly, is this accurate?
Ni- Attempts to answer "why?" questions.
Ti-Attempts to answer "is this true?" questions
Fi- Attempts to answer "why does this make me feel like x?" questions.
Si- Attempts to answer "what?" questions.

Any insight is appreciated.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you can retake the same test you took originally, but simply exaggerate your responses as much as you feel comfortable doing. This may not give you a really accurate result but it should reveal some clues, as the eveness of your first results are very difficult to interpret at all.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
limited use
good use
good use
good use
good use
good use
average use
good use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INFP

Terrible, just terrible.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

xisnotx

Permabanned
I have found that when someone is very in between on MBTI like that, it corresponds with particular ranges in the classic temperament system, and that ends up giving an idea what the true type is, so perhaps this system can be the "tie-breaker":

If you have time, see which one of these fit you (choose one in each of the links):
http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-Of-Inclusion.htm
http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-Of-Control.htm

Inclusion = M Melancholy
Control = MP Melancholy Phlegmatic

I have no idea what this means.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, thanks!
Melancholy in both areas suggests ISTJ (IST=Inclusion; SJ=Control); BUT, MelancholyPhlegmatic is basically between Melancholy and either Phlegmatic or the adjacent temperament, Supine. In the area of Control, this would suggest NF.
I've seen people who fall into those "Phlegmatic blends" ranges often have uncertainty about their type and even change back and forth, because of the fact that it indicates an "inbetween" personality.

Si is the strongest function, which would go along with that. Though I don't know why both attitudes of N would be right below it.
Fi, then Te follows, which could also be compatible with an ISTJ (the tertiary often "inflates" itself, and can appear stronger than the dom. and aux).

But then the strong Fi with the even stronger Ne looks like NFP. (And the "inflated tertiary" idea would apply to the strong Si in that case if INFP).

I figured you were probably Phlegmatic or Melancholy Phlegmatic in both areas and INFP.
If you want, you could try to pick out one here: http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-Of-Affection.htm (This is a third area from the other two). For some people, this area might substitute for Inclusion in matching their Interaction Style (which are the IST, INP, etc groups). It's basically the deeper level of social skills.
So if you come out Phlegmatic here, then that would be an additional point in favor of INFP. If you're Melancholy there instead, then (along with the other areas) it would point to ISTJ.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I had a talk with my mom and she thinks I extrovert Te. I think I'm T rather than F. I have a tendency to dismiss emotions (both my own and others). I understand the value of them (I think) I just think there are more important things to concern yourself over.

Also, I'm an enneagram type 3. Probably wing 2 though both 2 and 4 are low.

I've also come to the realization that no system is ever going to describe me perfectly. Still, this is quite annoying...

I don't really think I fit the sj temperament either. I don't really follow rules or traditions, in fact I don't like rules or traditions especially ones I don't think are logical. I'm atheist although my family is pretty much all catholic. Believing in something that can't be proven is something I don't understand. I understand that some people need religion but honestly I think hiding behind religion is for the weak. Why delude yourself? But then again maybe being logical is just one of the "rules" that I like to follow. But still, I think sacrificing logic for rules and tradition is a very dangerous thing to do.

So why do I test istj or infp? I can relate to both on some level but they sound more like people I know rather than me..

(oh and btw, I think I'm just going to use this thread as place to catalog my journey to self discovery<-sounds grandiose haha. Maybe someone else can use this as a guide to finding their own type (or as a guide to not finding their type).

Feel free to comment on anything. (mods can move thread if deemed necessary)

xisnotx

Permabanned
round 2

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.5)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

first impressions: I'm not amused. I've never been too clear as to what Ni even is. According to this Te is my most used function, yet I'm supposed to be introverted. Probably because Se is so low..

And if I'm a J I'm probably the least organized J ever.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Recently my test results have been very inconsistent. The only thing I get over and over again is ixtx. In the last two days I've gotten istp,istj,intp, and intj. It's quite annoying. These are my latest results..

limited use
good use
good use
good use
good use
good use
average use
good use

I'm consistently testing around 60% in the i and t categories and borderline for the s/n and j/p dichotomies. Reading the type descriptions I can relate to all IxTx types. Could someone please help?

X is the medial figure of a paradigm. IXTX is all right. You have given honest answers. It does not pose a problem.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give yourself some time to actually get a feel for the functions and the different types, making it easier to differentiate and relate. It will come to you. Meanwhile...being an IxTx is just fine, trust me... :smooch:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Affection: Supine-Phlegmatic

Which would point to infp?
I should have pointed out, that Supine would point to INFP as well as Phlegmatic. So now, you're both in that last area. So that looks like INFP, if the Affection area is what corresponds to your Interaction Style.

However, now, your new cognitive test results are drastically different.
round 2

extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************** (34)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.7)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.5)
average use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ
If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

first impressions: I'm not amused.
I had a talk with my mom and she thinks I extrovert Te. I think I'm T rather than F. I have a tendency to dismiss emotions (both my own and others). I understand the value of them (I think) I just think there are more important things to concern yourself over.

Also, I'm an enneagram type 3. Probably wing 2 though both 2 and 4 are low.
I thought of asking about Enneagram.
3 does not go with INFP, but then it does not go with ISTJ either. It's usually some extraverted type like ESTP. 2 is generally more F-ish.
I've also come to the realization that no system is ever going to describe me perfectly. Still, this is quite annoying...

I don't really think I fit the sj temperament either. I don't really follow rules or traditions, in fact I don't like rules or traditions especially ones I don't think are logical. I'm atheist although my family is pretty much all catholic. Believing in something that can't be proven is something I don't understand. I understand that some people need religion but honestly I think hiding behind religion is for the weak. Why delude yourself? But then again maybe being logical is just one of the "rules" that I like to follow. But still, I think sacrificing logic for rules and tradition is a very dangerous thing to do.
In my experience, with ISTJ parents and friends, they do not always go along with tradition. Those so-called "Guardian" descriptions are perhaps what we could see as the "ideal" of the type. But if the traditions and institutions around them are screwed up, or seen by them as corrupt, or illogical/unethical (depending on their T/F preference), they will go against them.
I explain this as the ego being the seat of type (our conscious preferences), so if something goes against the ego, then the preferences will reflect this. So an SJ's Si will be filled with a lot of negative data, and they will seek to start over and create new traditions and institutions.

And as an atheist, I'm sure you know the Church was often totally corrupt and messed up. Even as a Christian, I could always see that. My parents completely rebelled against it (though still feeling bound by some traditions and values, but eventually growing out of even those).

And then, an STJ prefers logic, and the Church was often illogical, so they will go against it if it violates their sense of logic.

So why do I test istj or infp? I can relate to both on some level but they sound more like people I know rather than me..

(oh and btw, I think I'm just going to use this thread as place to catalog my journey to self discovery<-sounds grandiose haha. Maybe someone else can use this as a guide to finding their own type (or as a guide to not finding their type).

Feel free to comment on anything. (mods can move thread if deemed necessary)
It sounds like you are some sort of Te/Fi preferring type. (especially with talk of a "journey to self-discovery"). ISTJ and INFP are basically "made out of the same stuff" so to speak. They prefer the same four functions, but just in a different order. They're actually the next closest types to each other after their extraverted counterparts.

So now, in the new results, Ne has dropped off, yet Ni is still high, passing Si. Te highest and Ni second place points to INTJ, of course. Though INTJ's when they take the other system, almost always come out as Melancholy-Choleric (Melancholy in Inclusion; Choleric in Control).

Ne for an ISJ is inferior, and on this test, the inferior often does come out lower than its shadow (the function with the opposite orientation). Ni would actually be the ISTJ's left-brain alternative, and sometimes there is a lot of uncertainty between the 1st and 8th function. I had the same problems with Ti vs Fi, and it was just a matter of understanding the functions and their roles better.

I've never been too clear as to what Ni even is.
Hardest to explain. The shortest, simplest description I have figured is that it is a focus on universal patterns. Ni dom. types often reference stories (literature, movies, etc) for common symbolic meanings, which are archetypes. For SJ's, this sort of stuff generally comes off as out in space.
So this might be a good way to determine INTJ vs ISTJ.

Are you more drawn to the abstract, or the concrete? Which ever one, would likely then be internal and dominant.
According to this Te is my most used function, yet I'm supposed to be introverted. Probably because Se is so low..
Because of the strength of introverted functions after Te. (It does still list ENTJ as a possibility).

The three temperament areas you picked from the links also are unanimously introvert (the inbetweenness lies in the people vs task-focus dimension), so you can ignore Te being first. Especially since the other set of results, Si was first. So what we're seeing is that you have strong Te, but it's the other preferred function we need to zero in on. So Te would be aux. and we're tryigng to determine dominant, Si or Ni.

As for INFP, since Fi did drop considerably, then it looks like that could be tertiary. An INFP probably won't get that high Te, since it is inferior. So where your Ne and Fi are now are what would be normal for an ISTJ. It's just the Ni that would be out of place for that.

Even though Ni is ahead of Si now, the last time, Si was out front. (And I believe the more you take these things, the more the results can be skewed, so this last result is not necessarily the more accurate one).
And if I'm a J I'm probably the least organized J ever.
Again, they can be not so organized, for various reasons. Like I know an ISTJ who grew up with a controlling parent, so when they get out on their own, they manifest their independence by going against the order that was imposed on them.

So overall, it looks like you might be an ISTJ Melancholy who borders on Phlegmatic and Supine, and this sort of puts you inbetween ISTJ and INFP on the MBTI. (Which may also explain the not-so typical SJ behaviors, especially given the Control result. The MP in Control would be a bit less strict in those S and J behaviors, because he's bordering on NF!) So you end up a solid I, but are unsure in the last three letters.

xisnotx

Permabanned
^
Wow, lots to consider. Thanks.
Could you elaborate on this part?
I explain this as the ego being the seat of type (our conscious preferences), so if something goes against the ego, then the preferences will reflect this. So an SJ's Si will be filled with a lot of negative data, and they will seek to start over and create new traditions and institutions.