• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Type My Little Brother

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay so for the longest time I've been trying to type my younger brother (age 16), but unfortunately he has no interest in MBTI, and most of his responses when I ask him about type are "I dunno". So I decided since he's uncooperative I'll just list a bunch of random traits and have the good old typology community to help me.

So far I'm sure (sorta) that he's xxFP, but I could be wrong.

-He initially wanted to be a chef (even though he's never cooked a thing in his life), know he's more interested in mastering various forms of martial arts (all of them)
-He does seem to daydream a lot, often keeps to himself at home
-Isn't doing too well in school, procrastinates on school work, and would rather do nothing but watch TV all the time
-He does sometimes ask me about what if's, although they're usually goofy and unrealistic
-His interests include Magic the Gathering, reading manga, watching tv, tea-kwon-do
-He doesn't like in-depth/philosophical or intense dramma thrillers all that much, more into typical action/lots of epicness movies
-He's a hugging machine :hug:
-He's a cloudcookoolander (random imagination)
-He laidback and fun to hang out with
-will put a smile on just about anyones face via his charming personality
-His mood tends to fluxuate rather easily
-Seems well balanced in personality, doesn't really care for MBTI all that much

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Soooo..... should I provide more information on him? I mean I did only post seven facts concerning his personality, how much else should I share?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^The other five facts have been included.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does he tend to have close friends he would always hang with or a general compound of friends he doesn't mind being around?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Nicodemus
ISFP?

I've intially thought that as well, but his constant daydreaming and weird imagination make me think that he might be more N than S.

Originally posted by Oakysage
Does he tend to have close friends he would always hang with or a general compound of friends he doesn't mind being around?

I'm not entirely sure, I mean I know that he has friends at high school, but as to how he interacts with them I'm not sure. He never seems to take the initative to ever leave the house and visit these freinds, and he mentioned to me that although he likes being around friends he does need alone time. So I'd be more inclined to say the former, but aren't ISFP's often considered the most extroverted of the introverts?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought ISFP as well when I read the OP. My little sister is a confirmed ISFP and doesn´t completely fit the stereotype in that she´s a research scientist. Sensors also daydream. Maybe he´s close on the S/N barrier.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Red Herring
I thought ISFP as well when I read the OP. My little sister is a confirmed ISFP and doesn´t completely fit the stereotype in that she´s a research scientist. Sensors also daydream. Maybe he´s close on the S/N barrier.

True, both sensore and intuitives daydream, perhaps if I don't take that into complete consideration I would lean more to S for him. Although, does Ne relate directly with daydreaming, or does it have to be about pondering the theoretical implications of certain matters along with interpreting connections and symbols? Because as far as I know, I don't think my brother daydreams about anything like that.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I see my own aux Ne as an association machine. It´s either "What if x happend" (start of wild phantasy) or "a reminds me of b which reminds me of c, etc.". It´s what searches for answers to questions like "What does a purple herring have to do with the number of stamps you put on an envelope of a letter to the south pole (if it´s a mondy)?". Coolest function ever!

Nicodemus

My sister and a friend of mine (both ISFP), too, are not interested in the subject, but both took the test when I told them to.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Red Herring
Well I see my own aux Ne as an association machine. It´s either "What if x happend" (start of wild phantasy) or "a reminds me of b which reminds me of c, etc.". It´s what searches for answers to questions like "What does a purple herring have to do with the number of stamps you put on an envelope of a letter to the south pole (if it´s a mondy)?".

Hmm, perhaps I should ask my brother later this afternoon if he ever engages in association thought akin to this. I mean he does sometimes offer various unrelated wierd ideas, so that might mean he uses more aux Ne as opposed to Se.

Coolest function ever!

Hells yeah to that! Extroverted Intuition ftw!!!

Originally posted by Nicodemus
My sister and a friend of mine (both ISFP), too, are not interested in the subject, but both took the test when I told them to.

Similarly, my sister is an ESXX, my mother is ISFJ, and my brother is a possible S, and all of them had no desire to work with me in finding their MBTI and were reluctant to take the tests; perhaps Sensors in general are a little less inclined to take curiosity in things like these? At the cost of angering every sensor on this forum, I'm going to say no.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I attempted to show my brother the 'what if x happened' post, to which he replied that he doesn't know. Then he went on to say something that was out of place and goofy despite the fact that when I asked him what he daydreams about he replied that he doesn't know.

If I didn't love my brother I'd probably snap his neck for being a frustrating nuisance.

Is it perhaps that he is to young (he's 16) to type? I mean people can change a lot during their teenage years, am I being too impatient trying to type him now as opposed to when he is older?