• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is he?

Climber07

MBTI Type
Ixxx
I don't know what type my brother is. I'm pretty terrible at typing people so my best guess is an ESFP. He is very loud and extroverted. I'm pretty certain he is an extrovert but sometimes he can be withdrawn and quiet. Mostly, I wonder if he is capable of moderating his tone of voice because it is always cranked on high. He works as a salesman and is one of the top earners in his company. He takes very good care of his appearance and is super hygienic. He is much more freaked out by dust/grime than I am. He can be really funny and entertaining but sometimes this is done at the expense of others. He can also be a bully but he knows that I'll put him in his place so he has never bullied me. Most people really like him.

He has lots of friends, although I wonder why anyone stays friends with him since he goes through periods of treating people badly. He will start avoiding someone's calls or straight out lie to them about his plans. He doesn't understand how I can spend so much time alone and when we were kids he'd joke about my "living in a cave". But I think he has always been proud to have me as his sister. He isn't into sports and I've always been more athletic than him. He is very earthy and seems to like a routine. Using the same products and eating the same food all the time; he gets agitated if a brand stops making his favorite pretzel etc. He really wants to have a family and start raising kids although he is only 26 years old.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know what type my brother is. I'm pretty terrible at typing people so my best guess is an ESFP. He is very loud and extroverted. I'm pretty certain he is an extrovert but sometimes he can be withdrawn and quiet. Mostly, I wonder if he is capable of moderating his tone of voice because it is always cranked on high. He works as a salesman and is one of the top earners in his company. He takes very good care of his appearance and is super hygienic. He is much more freaked out by dust/grime than I am. He can be really funny and entertaining but sometimes this is done at the expense of others. He can also be a bully but he knows that I'll put him in his place so he has never bullied me. Most people really like him.

He has lots of friends, although I wonder why anyone stays friends with him since he goes through periods of treating people badly. He will start avoiding someone's calls or straight out lie to them about his plans. He doesn't understand how I can spend so much time alone and when we were kids he'd joke about my "living in a cave". But I think he has always been proud to have me as his sister. He isn't into sports and I've always been more athletic than him. He is very earthy and seems to like a routine. Using the same products and eating the same food all the time; he gets agitated if a brand stops making his favorite pretzel etc. He really wants to have a family and start raising kids although he is only 26 years old.

Well, he sounds ESFx to me. The bold parts lead me to suspect ESFJ rather than ESFP, but he could still be either one, or a different type altogether. I'm very confident in ExFx, and I believe I detect Si, which is why I guessed ESFJ. But I'm not a typewatcher, and I don't know how they behave exactly.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I vote ESTP, with the caveat that I don't really believe in type. :D

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I agree with Athenian on the ESxJ... but why F over T?

Except for the lack of athleticism, (but y'know, not everyone's the same) I could quite easily see ESTJ.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I agree with Athenian on the ESxJ... but why F over T?

Except for the lack of athleticism, (but y'know, not everyone's the same) I could quite easily see ESTJ.

Well, that does seem to be another reasonable guess. But I just presumed F for two reasons:

1. That's what the author of the OP saw in the person, and they've had more opportunities to observe the person than we have.

2. In addition to the lack of athleticism you mentioned, I would cite the avoidance/lying as a defense, familial drive, and hygiene concerns as factors that lean me towards F.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Perhaps, but I don't really think you can say familial drive and hygiene concerns are F traits...

I would tend to think someone who is traditional and orderly (like an SJ) would naturally look after themselves hygiene wise. And similarly, the traditional aspect of getting married and raising a family may strongly appeal as well.

From TypeLogic:
ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Although the fact that the OP actually knows this person much more than us is a very valid point, so:

Climber07, why do you think your brother is a Feeling type instead of Thinking?

SeanMC86

MBTI Type
ESFP
i would say ESFJ

most routinized people are more judging types. an ESFP would prolly make a good salesman but he wouldnt stay too long before moving on to another place. but then again im not sure