• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP instead of INTP? Come hither ENTPs!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm...not sure. I enjoy problem solving...friends and family tend to contact me when they want my input into solving a problem. I tend to get an idea, share it, bounce it around, and then want to research it to pieces. I think I like talking about ideas and thoughts equally...it's hard to be quiet about something I'm excited about. Really hard. And I really love and want feedback, "What do you think?" is one of my favorite questions. It's like having a ball of clay and using questions, feedback, and information to sculpt it.
That sounds kind of like Parent Ne; like me. Yes, since both Ne and Ti are the preferred functions, they will both figure, and it may be hard to tell which one fits either role.
But your desire to interact with people around ideas sounds like Ne is more about others than it is about the ego. (The dom. is about the ego's goals, and the aux will be a bit more about supporting others).
Wanting to research it to pieces sounds more like it is for your own ego, and thus would fit dom. Ti. So once you do that, then you want to share it with others in the form of "ideas" [Ne], and since this is supporting what the ego likes, you will be excited about it.

What's 'middle age'? :thelook: It better be like 50 or something.
It could be 50; it could be the 40's (since most people will seem to live to about the 80's or 90's these days).

How do I determine the influence of Si and Fe? I tend to be pretty tactful and aware of social obligations/customs but still tend to be reserved with people. Unless I'm in a Discussion, then it's like flipping on a switch...3 hours has passed and I'm still yapping about topic X.

Then again, minding manners could be the influence of my upbringing. When I was growing up, rudeness was utterly intolerable and would earn you a switch across the backside.

If Si is tertiary, then around the 20's (possibly teens), you will become very nostalgic about things retro. This will have a very childish sense to it, and SJ's may complain you remember things you are interested in, but not what is really important.
If it is inferior, this may come up later, like the 40''s or 50's, and before then, you might be very unconscious of the value of past knowledge and such.

If Fe is tertiary, then you will become more conscious of social things in early adulthood. It still won't likely be very mature, and may come off as childish. If it is inferior, then it will be a very vulnerable area you might avoid, but then in 40's you might become more appreciative or aware of social values.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If Si is tertiary, then around the 20's (possibly teens), you will become very nostalgic about things retro. This will have a very childish sense to it, and SJ's may complain you remember things you are interested in, but not what is really important.
If it is inferior, this may come up later, like the 40''s or 50's, and before then, you might be very unconscious of the value of past knowledge and such.

If Fe is tertiary, then you will become more conscious of social things in early adulthood. It still won't likely be very mature, and may come off as childish. If it is inferior, then it will be a very vulnerable area you might avoid, but then in 40's you might become more appreciative or aware of social values.

Hmm, nostalgia bug only bit me recently and not very hard. It's often in the form of music. I like to listen to stuff out of the 90s when I was in my 20s...I'm 41 now. Music and memories evoke moods but I usually choose them based on how I am feeling and not to change my mood (that doesn't work very well). I have always tried to be tactful or saying nothing when I couldn't say something nice because of my upbringing but being more conscious and participating in social obligations is a recent thing, too. I'd say they both slowly materialized around the same time.

Hmm, you've given me a lot to think about. Thanks, Eric B!

BTW, I took that cognitive processes test and got 17 on Fe and 24 on Si. Ti was 52.6 and Ne was 51.5. Very interesting.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The nostalgia thing only hitting you recently and not too hard sounds like it could go with inferior Si, but then everything else (including those scores) sounds like INTP.
I can really only speak for myself as far as the nostalgia being the tertiary or "Puer" Si kicking off when it did. I actually believe it was particularly strong, and a bit early for me.
Perhaps for you the Puer manifested some other way of "finding relief through Si". Or maybe it just started late for you, or started earlier and you didn't really begin noticing/identifying it until recently.