• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Enneagram 6 guy - ISFJ or INFP ?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is it really that simple ? :/
I'd say so. Falling out of step with his whole family is pretty much anathema to Fe + Si, as Fe shapes its values and beliefs on external influences. Walking to the beat of your own drum is more of an Fi thing.

Chloe

I'd say so. Falling out of step with his whole family is pretty much anathema to Fe + Si, as Fe shapes its values and beliefs on external influences. Walking to the beat of your own drum is more of an Fi thing.

yeah, this is definately confirmation to me because i know he is quite walking to the beat of his own drum, lol, because he is very selective of friends.... i mean veeeerrrryy.... and didnt even try hard to fit in in HS... even his ex gf who is INTJ seemed to fit better :D according to his stories.

How can INFP look THIS MUCH like ISFJ. heh, what enneagram does to people! :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram bears a similarity to the five temperament system I always talk about.

People see the loyalty to authority and right away think SJ, but the fifth temperament, Supine is loyal as well. The Supine in the 16 types would fit ISF/INP or NF. The loyalty would be in the area called "Control", rather than Inclusion (social skills or Interaction Style), and Supine has more of a dependency need than generally described for NF, which seems to be somewhere between Supine and Phlegmatic. (Dependency does not seem to be directly associated with any type group, though I have seen NF's say they have trouble making decisions).

Both Supine and Melancholy have low expressed behavior, which in Control would correspond to what Keirsey called "Cooperative". (Berens, "Affiliative"). This is where the loyalty comes from. So the NF and SJ both have it in common, but because the NF is more moderate in behavior, it never got quite the same reputation for "loyalty" the SJ got. But it is not really incompatible with it. For one thing, the SJ's loyalty is perhaps more visible because of the fact that it is concrete focused, where the NF is abstract.

So if the person is a 6, he could be either INP type, but the loyalty points to [IN]F. (NT's being pragmatic are more prone to challenge authority).
Now, you're saying INFJ, which would fit Melancholy-Supine, and thus still be compatible with a 6. (I hear they're often 1's or 4's, but I think 6 comes up a lot as well).