• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XXXX

Coke

Permabanned
Alright, first of all I've taken the personality indicator tests and I've gotten various results. The results that I got from the past were widely diverse.

Well I'll just start by telling you guys a few things about myself (put on your stalker mode. loljk):

I re-read my forum posts after posting to make any correction or edits.. so I guess I'm a perfectionist to some degree?

At first, when I get a new desk, I enjoy organizing things by placing the items in their appropriate places. As time passes like a month or so, it starts to get messy and I do have the feeling that I should organize them, but I become lazy. But I use the Force on myself and really just re-organize them. Then I feel productive suddenly and be productive throughout the whole day.

Mostly, I procrastinate and do my homework late, but I do become depressed and regretful that I had actually procrastinated and that I wished I could have done it earlier. (doesn't everyone feel that way? lol)

I'm not the best conversation person. I tend not to get into deep relationships with a lot of people, but I tend to make random conversations with strangers if I feel like it (just for the heck of it). And if a an environmental awareness person politely asks me to sign a small petition, I simply lie to him or her, "Sorry, but I'm late for something. Maybe you could make signs that portray your goals. (or a guy in a tree costume being chased by a guy in a factory costume?)" because i feel i may waste time doing so lol.

I like actions. I like outdoor activities such as driving recklessly in the freeway, boating, playing soccer, piloting an airplane, etc, because they bring new experiences every time I do them. And because I can get bored of doing nothing, and just doing these activities make me feel pretty good. I don't particularly enjoy running because it's, well, i dunno.. boring? Nothing to do but run, run, run for years and years... unless I run with people then I'm fine. I don't know why but I enjoy the company when doing boring activities.

I like to write. I can definitely see myself as a creative writer or as a video game designer. I also enjoy listening to music as well as making remixes or completely composing my own. People tell me that my compositions are emotional and dramatic. Most of my Feeler (sounds perverted lol) friends like my music, but most of my Thinker friends comment how it sounds too emotional for their taste. I'm also best known as the improviser on the piano.

Speaking of music, I enjoy a WIDE variety of music. Not sure how wide? Maybe wider than your music teacher. I enjoy (not in order of preference): pop, rock, heavy metal, ballads, country, classical music, film/video game music, hip hop, new age, techno, dance, and even funky-fusions such as pop + heavy metal, techno + ballads, rock + new age, etc. ;)

I enjoy brainstorming ideas with either myself or others. I'd also imagine random things, such as the sky being purple at night or if I could make a current situation and make it into a side-story, etc. I just feel that I'm balanced between S and N but don't know which I'm more inclined to.

I'm not particularly outgoing. Most of the times, I'm quiet. I feel the need to go outside and have an adventure with action or think of new ideas for my music composition, video game, or a thriller book. Rather than talking with groups of people, I'd rather DO something with groups of people.

In my high school, I found soccer, music theory, and french to be my best subjects. I also excelled at beginning math but gradually worsened as I took harder courses. I wanted to join cartooning club and a creative writing club called "the Writer's Bloc" but I'd thought it'd be too much work so I decided against it. (I think you should get the gist that I'm lazy as a sloth, even if it comes to my interests)

I have very few close friends and many acquaintances.

I don't really care about certain things, such as rules. I don't mind them; I see them as unimportant things for me. I will either enforce them or break them at will. I also tend to behave like this (don't know how to explain atm): For example, one person gets stopped midway through the exit from the cafeteria when a staff member stops him and reminds him that food cannot be taken outside the dining hall. These two kids in front of me question that, saying to one another, "What's the point? He was in the middle of eating that burger yet he's stopped?" I feel annoyed by these kids' remarks. Why can't they just mind their own business and be like, "Oh well, sucks for him."

I think that would be enough to fill your brains with my personal information.. if you have any questions then ask :)

edit:
Here's some more info-

-I got labeled as an INTP from a -pretty- close friend of mine. Another friend thought I was an ESTP. Haha.. my ex girlfriend thought that I'd look pretty slick as a business manager, that I look E S/N T J
-I'm easy to distract. An acquaintance of mine jokingly asked if I had ADHD.
-When I'm alone, I usually play online games and chat with other players or go on Facebook and comment/chat with friends, because I dislike the feeling of being alone.
-I usually eat in the cafeteria by myself, as it saves time by not talking with people.
-Many commented on how eccentric I am... and how immature I can be. :)
-I speak first then think, mostly. (since it saves time. LOL)
-I'm very imaginative with my surroundings while focusing on the present. I have some troubles with theories, but it becomes more clear if an example is used.
-I'm slow at noticing details. For example, I get the impression of a picture, then notice the detail.
-I tend to judge a book by its cover..
-I like people who are smart, witty, sarcastic, and eccentric, such as Jack Sparrow, Bugs Bunny. I'm also attracted to people who are the silent yet deadly type, such as James Bond (Dalton, Craig), Aragorn (LotR), Jason Bourne.

I'm not sure if these will help, but its better than nothing

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Hm... I THINK you are probably an INTP or maybe ISTP. Your Ne and Se both seem pretty well developed, but I'd probably say N over S because you say you are so distractable and slow to notice details.

FYI Jack Sparrow is ESTP, Bugs is ENTP, Bond is ISTP, Aragorn is IXXJ and Jason Bourne is either INTJ or ISTP.

Coke

Permabanned
Much thx for the lightning speed reply. Youve also answered my other thread about creativity, we're like patient-client or student-professor type lol. If it makes any diff, i get most of energy from the outside world, though not by talking, but doing things, and i do enjoy parties (only if my friends go with me)

Um i do consider the feelings when deciding but ultimately end up deciding with head over heart

Hoping to see more replies :D

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guess is ISTP

Coke

Permabanned
ISTP is what I got on my first try. But its a sad thing: all four functions were pretty close to each other ... as if saying a person living very close to the border between south and north korea. But its also the most frequent type i get, yet i dont feel im an istp. Perhaps if a concise explanation is ... explained.. :p

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Have you read any descriptions of how the functions manifest in each type? Maybe that would help you decide.

Here is an incredibly extensive INTP profile. Unfortunately, it is only available for this one type, and is not partof a set, so You'll have to check out more basic profiles for ISTP.
http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

Here is an INTP and ISTP profile with function descriptions (the parts you should focus on).
http://typelogic.com/intp.html
http://typelogic.com/istp.html

EDIT: Pay attention to the tertiary Si/Ni as well.

Coke

Permabanned
Already read typelogic + MyPersonality + PersonalityPage and still not clear with it.

I shall read the analysis of INTP (shouldn't take the whole day).

Any more thoughts by any one? I'd give a free drink in exchange:cheers:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
So, decided on what you probably are yet? What about Ni and Si? Which do you relate to more for your tertiary? Going with gut instincts and utilising your imagination to aid you in reaching sensory goals (that would be Ni) or reffering back to stored information and experience to help organise your ideas and actions (Si)?

Coke

Permabanned
That's it. I'm the XXXX you've been all looking for. It's revealed. Congratulations! Hallelujah. It's done.