• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am a lost soul

?

• Total voters

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These guys are lost souls, too!

LostSoul.jpg

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
E/INFJ definitely stands out. Ahem...Mrs. matchmaker type.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Introverts appear Extroverted online. The more introverted, the more extroverted they appear, in fact. The same is true of extroverts.

The main activity divide is between those with intuitive or sensor preferences, with the former being very active in online discussions while the latter will usually be less active and consistent online. Sensors prefer vacuous social networking sites, like myspace/lj/etc, but prefer the "real world" more than the internet to begin with. The gradient tends to produce the variety you see in these things.

I'm quite comfortable with Introverted Intuition for Jen.

Being older (no offense intended), it is more difficult to identify the type, since function development varies so much. Being married to an INTJ muddles it more, because she'll be accustomed to communicating with someone with an Extroverted Thinking preference, and due to the Introverted Intuition, she'll will make an effort to use his native communication.

Her house is too organized to be anything but a J.

Jen doesn't organize from the top-down, but gives freedom and options within her base framework.

I think INFJ is reasonable as I can think of at least two in their 30s that married someone with a thinking preference and have similarly-muddled Fe/Te/Ti confusion.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Introverts appear Extroverted online. The more introverted, the more extroverted they appear, in fact. The same is true of extroverts.
I kinda agree with the Introvert part, but what do you mean by "the same is true of extroverts"? If you mean that the more Extraverted they are, the more Introverted they will appear on the Net, then I'm not sure I agree with that.

False J stereotype ;)

Other than that, good points.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP

Which strongly implies an ESTJ type... I know a couple of ESTJs here at work (yep, I'm at work today). Both of whom are intelligent fun friends.... and I see a lot of similarities!

Of course... there is a big leap from just picking an activity and bading an entire type...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's possible that being with another introvert makes you more comfortable to say what comes to mind, but you do seem E to me IRL. WYSIWYG and all that. You seem to wear your heart on your sleeve and your inner energy flows outward.

Being E doesn't always correspond with being able to stay in the mall for hours. :D Or with wanting to be with people at all times. Proteanmix has had some interesting posts about being an extrovert, but still needing to cut and run from social gatherings and needing alone time.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
It's possible that being with another introvert makes you more comfortable to say what comes to mind, but you do seem E to me IRL. WYSIWYG and all that. You seem to wear your heart on your sleeve and your inner energy flows outward.

Being E doesn't always correspond with being able to stay in the mall for hours. :D Or with wanting to be with people at all times. Proteanmix has had some interesting posts about being an extrovert, but still needing to cut and run from social gatherings and needing alone time.

It's a false impression, isn't it, when people equate E with being sociable. it is more about how they experience the world. If only it had a name that wasn't so closely linked with our concepts of shy or outgoing (and it isnt meant to embrace either of those concepts...).

Extraverts can be quiet home loving individuals.. who just experience the world outside of their head as a preference... so they tend to concentrate on real world objects, activities and concepts and can do so on their own!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just for the record, number one - plan a class reunion - ENFJ - reminded me of Jen because of the meet-up she is planning.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
These guys are lost souls, too!

quake3_3.jpg

I know this is an oldie but I love this game! Railguns rule!

I can be quite the yapper irl and I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind most of the time. Not to the point where you'll want to remove your eardrums or anything drastic. I'd like to think that I speak when I have something to say.

The main activity divide is between those with intuitive or sensor preferences, with the former being very active in online discussions while the latter will usually be less active and consistent online. Sensors prefer vacuous social networking sites, like myspace/lj/etc, but prefer the "real world" more than the internet to begin with. The gradient tends to produce the variety you see in these things.

I'm quite comfortable with Introverted Intuition for Jen.
I agree with that one. The S's I know irl hardly ever use their computers and never post on forums.
Being older (no offense intended), it is more difficult to identify the type, since function development varies so much. Being married to an INTJ muddles it more, because she'll be accustomed to communicating with someone with an Extroverted Thinking preference, and due to the Introverted Intuition, she'll will make an effort to use his native communication.
None taken.

Yes that is true otherwise we might not still be together. Limey is very honest and I wouldn't want him to be any other way. This is one of many things I love about INTJ's. The ones on here could easily take me apart but don't see any need to. While they are honest, their honesty is never spiteful which I do appreciate and is why they are my favorite type. Of course I am talking about a healthy minded INTJ.

Jen doesn't organize from the top-down, but gives freedom and options within her base framework.
Thank you! :smile:
E/INFJ definitely stands out. Ahem...Mrs. matchmaker type.
Haha, Shhhh!
Yup, what you see is pretty much what you get. I'm probably not as sensitive as you or others would think. Wolf pretty much summed that up in my being married to an INTJ. What I don't enjoy is spiteful criticism. If it's coming from a good place then I'm usually alright with it. I expect the best and can be very picky and sometimes moody. I'm an only child with a very critical, insecure ISFJ mother. I don't like many people (I miss Notta's old avatar). Does this matter when determining I and E? This doesn't mean that I am not looking forward to our meet-up and of course I will be on my best behavior. :alttongue: The meet-up thing is what I think confuses the I vs. E. I always say that I'm an "Intro/Extrovert".
Thanks, I'd like to read those. :)

I will say that I am most definitely not an NT but have one near by in case of emergencies. ;)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

It's a false impression, isn't it, when people equate E with being sociable. it is more about how they experience the world. If only it had a name that wasn't so closely linked with our concepts of shy or outgoing (and it isnt meant to embrace either of those concepts...).

Extraverts can be quiet home loving individuals.. who just experience the world outside of their head as a preference... so they tend to concentrate on real world objects, activities and concepts and can do so on their own!

If it helps clarify your type, I'm a low level extrovert meaning while I'm energized by being out and about and the more I get around people the happier I become, I'm not the kind of extrovert that is flitting about from group to group on top of tabletops and what not. I like being by myself more than what is probably healthy for me.

There's some info floating around here that separates extroversion into different categories. Manifestations of extroverted functions all have different flavors. An extroverted Se looks different from an extroverted Te. It's just a different feel. When most people here conceptualize extroversion, they're thinking extroverted Se types, the Guys and Gals Gone Wild extreme end (which itself is a bad stereotype. I work with a number of ESFPs and they don't act AT ALL like that).

And it's a total crock of bullshit that extroverts don't need alone time, maybe even DAILY alone time. So if you're basing your I/E on if you need it or not, you do. I will go to the bathroom in my office and sit in the stall when I need to get away from the crazies and if I need to withdraw. And Geoff hits a good point. Using myself as an example of the dichotomy below, I probably match up with 3/5 of the indicators of extroversion. So maybe you could be the type of extrovert that is quiet but participative or initiating but not expressive.

This also has to do with people misunderstanding what Fe is. I could shoot the breeze for hours talking about celebrity gossip (and enjoy myself) and people will know not a thing about me personally. That's how you can be Initiating and Participative but Contained at the same time.

As you may have noticed, I'm trying to persuade you over to the ENFJ dark side. :devil:

EXTROVERSION.........................INTROVERSION

Initiating...........................Receiving
- Sociable...........................- Unexcitable
- Active.............................- Reserved
- Usually introduces people..........- Usually is introduced to people

Expressive...........................Contained

- Emotive............................- Controlled
- Easy to know.......................- Hard to know
- Open about feelings................- Keeps feelings inside

Gregarious...........................Intimate
- Friendly...........................- One on one
- Popular............................- Seeks deep friendships with only a few
- Likes to join groups & activies

Participative........................Reflective
- Enjoys contact with others.........- Wants space from others
- Commun. pref: Speak and/or listen..- Commun. pref: Read and/or write

Enthusiastic.........................Quiet
- Lively.............................- Calm
- Energetic..........................- Enjoys solitude
- Seeks spotlight....................- Seeks background

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm not going to waste any time voting or even postulating that you are any other type other than INFJ.

Variations in your type could well be cause your emotions are commonly found in your boots and are therefore about as obvious as a mole on your instep.

You could be good at mental flexibility which is how you first managed to attract the attention of an INTJ and then it's increase with his subtle influence and direction (come on you know you're a lesser mortal right ;) ).

Intelligence can also have something to do with it. I know at least 3 Fs with high IQs and they can be quite T-ish at times basically because they get so deep into a subject that they lose the personal connection that most people recognise as F.

Introverts are often quite extroverted in place like internet forums or instant messaging. Something to do with being protected.

Disappointing? Perhaps. Accurate? Probably not.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Pay no attention to the man standing in the blue smoke. :smile:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
INFJ

Your first answer is usually the correct one. ;)

You might be struggling with trying to type yourself because you're becoming more balanced and more difficult to categorize.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
So what happened? Did the inquiry cease to be? Are we on hiatus or high alert?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So what happened? Did the inquiry cease to be? Are we on hiatus or high alert?
INFJ wins with 14 votes. :party2: Javo I do believe you are correct sir. :D Thanks to everyone who voted!

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
Yay! ^^
Even though you ended up the same type as you started off with, it's good you're now surer of your INFJ-ness xP

(but maybe I shouldn't try typing people again, ESTP is exactly the opposite of INFJ!)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
INFJ wins with 14 votes. :party2: Javo I do believe you are correct sir. :D Thanks to everyone who voted!
:doh: Oh yeah the poll thing.

Bloomin details :steam: