• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am a lost soul

?

• Total voters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I take it you have no interest in looking at any more tests or trying to answer my questions, then? Darn.
Sorry, I just added this.
Athenian I hate those tests because I will spend time trying to take it apart and make it work to my advantage which imo is pointless and time consuming. :) But thanks anyway. :hug:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Good :) I don't care one bit if I'm right or wrong, but I do care about not hurting you :blush:
Put em up! ;) Thank you, I appreciate that.
I'd say ExFJ ;) you remind me incredibly of my ESFJ aunt- the way you type, the battles you take on, and everything! :laugh: I seriously was suspicious at first that you actually WERE my aunt! :rofl1:
It's me! Fucking finally!! I was wondering when you'd figure out it was me! Now I can stop pretending and beat your ass! :party2:
plus- you somehow don't give off the INFJ vibe I get from INFJs to me! :tongue:
That's because you've seen my asshole side.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I said ExFJ, not necissarily S! :) something in your communication manner just made me think that! ;)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian I hate those tests because I will spend time trying to take it apart and make it work to my advantage which imo is pointless and time consuming. :) But thanks anyway. :hug:

I should have expected that based on how enthusiastic you were about unconsidered guesses. Sorry I irritated you, okay?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I should have expected that based on how enthusiastic you were about unconsidered guesses. Sorry I irritated you, okay?
You haven't irritated me at all. :hug: I'll try again later when the kids have gone to sleep. Jen and Cafe have known me a while and know my history at INTPc so that does count for something. If it makes you feel any better my Husband has no clue either. He says I change often depending on what I am doing or who I'm with.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Geoff it's actually the opposite. Maybe it's because I'm married to an INTJ? I think so anyway. I am far less sympathetic to those who are undeserving. My way of thinking is completely different at the age I am now.

So you've learned to access a logical... INTJ kinda mode as you've aged?

See.. this is what makes typing so hard. When someone is about 20 they are trying their damnedest to be the most "them" they can be. Add another 10-20 years and they are gleefully playing with and exhibiting their non preference functions (at least if they've grown).

Ultimately all this means is that you have to try your hardest to recognise what you "prefer" to do. PREFER!

-Geoff

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I think you've typed yourself accurately as an NFJ although I'd lean more towards ENFJ than INFJ. But only you know if you're an extrovert or introvert. You could be a ladypinkington version of an INFJ and I don't think that variety is common on the forums so people aren't used to it. I think most people are used to hesitant and hushed INFJs. Actually you and Wandering seem similar in your posting style and I was kind of afraid there was going to be a FJ showdown in the most recent fluff thread. Thank goodness that was avoided. :yes: Another plus is you know how to diffuse forum situations as well as escalate them which is something a Fe dominant would be better able to do.

You exude EFJ control over the social atmosphere and I think you're Ni because you're very focused in the way you go about it. I don't think you're haphazard at all. I think people are saying ESFJ because of the type of threads you start, but I think you're trying to create a certain atmosphere and the threads are just a vehicle. That's exerting your influence and trying to control your environment. You definitely know how to win friends and influence the right people which seems more ENFJ than INFJ to me. My INFJ friends don't really seem to get that much pleasure from socializing, but they do want to be helpful to people in a very Fe like way. I also think ENFJs are more willing to throw down (aka fight) and will get more belligerent than INFJs (tertiary Se). And you're a wedding planner right and are a veritable fountain of beauty information? That's so freaking E!

What the hell did you say at INTPc that got you kicked off? Pfft. I thought they were battle hardened warriors over there. Did you clown an admin's mama?

Disclaimer: I'm prone to overanalyzation so you can add my Mt. Everest of salt to Wandering's. ;)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
So you've learned to access a logical... INTJ kinda mode as you've aged?

See.. this is what makes typing so hard. When someone is about 20 they are trying their damnedest to be the most "them" they can be. Add another 10-20 years and they are gleefully playing with and exhibiting their non preference functions (at least if they've grown).

Ultimately all this means is that you have to try your hardest to recognise what you "prefer" to do. PREFER!

-Geoff
I mostly disagree with that. Life's experiences can cause you to view things differently and become a different person. I experienced an unfortunate accident when I was 27 and had a few misfortunes when I was 28 and 29. I count those occurrences as reasons why my type may have changed. Life can be gritty and while I can view the glass as half full, I still am a skeptic most of the time.

I wouldn't have been happy married to an F man because I was looking for someone to be honest with me and not just tell me things to make me happy. I'm not saying all F men are that way, but the ones I've known were exactly like that. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I respect a person who is honest with me and I think constructive criticism can be useful as long as there isn't any spite in it.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I mostly disagree with that. Life's experiences can cause you to view things differently and become a different person. I experienced an unfortunate accident when I was 27 and had a few misfortunes when I was 28 and 29. I count those occurrences as reasons why my type may have changed. Life can be gritty and while I can view the glass as half full, I still am a skeptic most of the time.

I wouldn't have been happy married to an F man because I was looking for someone to be honest with me and not just tell me things to make me happy. I'm not saying all F men are that way, but the ones I've known were exactly like that. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I respect a person who is honest with me and I think constructive criticism can be useful as long as there isn't any spite in it.

I think maybe we are talking at cross purposes a little? I was driving at you changing over the years as you became more comfortable with the functions that aren't your main purpose.. so that it becomes difficult to type. That change can indeed be caused by misfortunes.

Do you think your type has actually changed completely since you were, say, 21? If so that isn't traditionally accepted by the theorists (although you could have been, or maybe now are, living in a shadow world...)?

Edit : when I said one has to recognise what they prefer to do, this wasn't a recipe for life, but simply for the typing exercise (might have been easily misconstrued :( )

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Will I need an oxygen mask?
Maybe not, but don't try to run or you will regret it :D

I just know it to be true: Jen has no P-ness (!)
Youdidnotsaythatyoudidnotsaythatyoudidnotsaythat :laugh::laugh::laugh:!!!

Actually you and Wandering seem similar in your posting style and I was kind of afraid there was going to be a FJ showdown in the most recent fluff thread. Thank goodness that was avoided. :yes:
An FJ showdown? What does that look like? I guess I must have gone through a few of those with my husband, but for some reason I can't picture it :huh:

Disclaimer: I'm prone to overanalyzation so you can add my Mt. Everest of salt to Wandering's. ;)
Yeah! After the Rockies, the Salties :party2: !

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What the hell did you say at INTPc that got you kicked off? Pfft. I thought they were battle hardened warriors over there. Did you clown an admin's mama?

I don't know if she can repeat it here. I mean, I have never seen one particular mod so flustered/ticked before... It was rather amazing.

She might not have P-ness, but she definitely has cajones. ;)

Youdidnotsaythatyoudidnotsaythatyoudidnotsaythat :laugh::laugh::laugh:!!!

IdidIdidIdidIdid!

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
An FJ showdown? What does that look like? I guess I must have gone through a few of those with my husband, but for some reason I can't picture it :huh:

A lot of fur and a bloody press-on nail or two lying forlornly on the ground. And sparkles.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Here's yet another test. There's only one question:

Which would you like to do most?

1. Organize a class reunion
2. Imagine how the world could be improved
3. Play charades
4. Have a conversation with a friend
5. Be president of a club
6. Contemplate your perfect home
7. Discuss the way things work in the world
8. Play chess
9. Organize a party
10. Help a friend move
11. Participate in an art class
12. Go dancing
13. Quietly speculate on practical ideas
14. Make a tour of houses
15. Play poker
16. Head out for the country

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
A lot of fur and a bloody press-on nail or two lying forlornly on the ground. And sparkles.
:thumbup:

I don't wear press-on nails, though (but I've thought about it, and they are the only option I have if I ever decide to have nails that look anything reasonable :tongue: )

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Here are the "answers".
The numbers correspond with the previous numbers.

1. ENFJ: "Pedagogue". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 5% of the total population.

2. INFJ: "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1% of the total population.

3. ENFP: "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 5% of the total population.

4. INFP: "Questor". High capacity for caring. Calm and pleasant face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

5. ENTJ: "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

6. INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 1% of the total population.

7. ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.

8. INTP: "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 1% of the total population.

9. ESTJ: "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 13% of the total population.

10. ISTJ: "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 6% of the total population.

11. ESFJ: "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 13% of the total population.

12. ISFJ: "Conservator". Desires to be of service and to minister to individual needs - very loyal. 6% of the total population.

13. ESTP: "Promoter". Action! When present, things begin to happen. Fiercely competitive. Entrepreneur. Often uses shock effect to get attention. Negotiator par excellence. 13% of the total population.

14. ESFP: "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 13% of the total population.

15. ISTP: "Artisan". Impulsive action. Life should be of impulse rather than of purpose. Action is an end to itself. Fearless, craves excitement, master of tools. 5% of the total population.

16. ISFP: "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other types. 5% of the total population.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I do not know, Wandering, but I just know it to be true: Jen has no P-ness (!)
This is true. While I often hold one in my hands, I can't claim the Pness as part of me. :tongue:

Actually you and Wandering seem similar in your posting style and I was kind of afraid there was going to be a FJ showdown in the most recent fluff thread. Thank goodness that was avoided. :yes: Another plus is you know how to diffuse forum situations as well as escalate them which is something a Fe dominant would be better able to do.
I wasn't (worried) and I did realize that batting back and forth wouldn't end nicely plus it wasn't a subject that I felt passionately about so it was easy to kick it away.
You exude EFJ control over the social atmosphere and I think you're Ni because you're very focused in the way you go about it. I don't think you're haphazard at all. I think people are saying ESFJ because of the type of threads you start, but I think you're trying to create a certain atmosphere and the threads are just a vehicle. That's exerting your influence and trying to control your environment. You definitely know how to win friends and influence the right people which seems more ENFJ than INFJ to me. My INFJ friends don't really seem to get that much pleasure from socializing, but they do want to be helpful to people in a very Fe like way. I also think ENFJs are more willing to throw down (aka fight) and will get more belligerent than INFJs (tertiary Se).
Very interesting observation and much appreciated.
And you're a wedding planner right and are a veritable fountain of beauty information? That's so freaking E!
Ha, well a wedding makeup and hair stylist and while I considered being a wedding planning when we moved to Raleigh in 2001, I felt as though there wasn't enough of me to go around.
lol Not much. It's ok now and I don't think there are any hard feelings.
I think you're not too far off the mark. :)
Here's yet another test. There's only one question:
Which would you like to do most?

1. Organize a class reunion-
2. Imagine how the world could be improved-
3. Play charades-
4. Have a conversation with a friend-
5. Be president of a club- Yes. In addition to being president I can do all of the things mentioned in this list.
6. Contemplate your perfect home-
7. Discuss the way things work in the world-
8. Play chess-
9. Organize a party-
10. Help a friend move-
11. Participate in an art class-
12. Go dancing-
13. Quietly speculate on practical ideas-
14. Make a tour of houses-
15. Play poker-
16. Head out for the country-