• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I seem to be an xNTx type. Please help me out.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeh, I had you down for an INFJ from the start. I suggest you assume the type, learn all about it, correspond with INFJs, and then come back and tell us how it went.

redacted

the need for deep relationships but lacking the Fe (aka expected normal public behavior) for it.

Fe is NOT expected normal public behavior. that's more like Si.

Exactly what I'm thinking, which is justified by the cognitive processes test.

I can't imagine myself as a stereotypical INTJ or an ENTJ because I don't think I have a well developed Te (I hated college calculus and physics so much). I primarily learn trough concepts/abstract images. They're pretty much vivid in my mind.

Ni+Ti rules out pretty much everything except INFJ (or ISTP i guess). (my Ti is almost as strong as my Ni and Fe.) you don't really seem like an NT to me, anyways. INFJ is my hunch.

check out Extraverted Feeling

Fe is more about seeing connections and relations between people. it doesn't make you a follower, and it doesn't make you a pushover. it just means you're oriented towards the external world in such a way that you see those relations readily.

redacted

i was just rereading your early posts...

i'm as sure as i can possibly be that you're INFJ (without knowing you in person)

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
When I'm thinking of Se, I'm thinking of tangible things being detected by the senses. Si would be something more like storing them mentally.

And I would think of Fe as something akin to empathy, with the eventual manifestation of "appropriate" behavior that the external public stimulus woud expect.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wouldn't agree with INFJ. If this person were an INFJ, would they have been so sure of NT temperament?

INFJ's are usually more confident of INxx, IxxJ, or INFx.

I still think they might be an INTJ, or (possibly) ISTP. Fi should not be stronger for an INFJ than Fe. It just doesn't work that way.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
What are some things you do that cause turmoil in your relationships (familial, platonic, romantic)?

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Familial:
My mom - ESFJ
My Dad - ISTP

I can only speak much with my relationship to my mom because my dad was working overseas most of my life so he wasn't a direct influence.

My mom is affectionate, overprotective, and expects me to follow her orders all the time, even if what she wants lack logical coherence. She expected me to become a good academic student (i.e., INTJ or ENTJ) and I would say that I tried to be that archetype as such for almost two decades of my life (I'm now 26), until I eventually realized a few years back that I'm already getting hurt and I need to have a good grasp of my sense of self--something that I don't think she recognizes. I got sick of the part of playing good soldier boy, and I think I'm currently at a crossroad of something. I was good in my academics prior to college and when I took up college and pursued Engineering, my weakness for Calculus and Physics manifested. My proficiency for the Social Sciences and the Humanites eventually showed up, because they're part of the curriculum.

Platonic:
I recognize that my archetype of an individual creates deeper ties to people who have a deeper side to them. For example, my closest friends are either spiritual people (but not fundamentally hardcore), or have an inclination to psychology. I don't blend well with the outgoing, laid back types, ESFP, except when they're able to recognize my righteous side and see me as support person of some sort when they're emotionally wrecked. Though I have instances where I jeopardized a friendship because of my more straightforward way of talking. Though in a way, I can be deeply attached to them because of their more tangible way of showing affection, which I think I crave for

Relationship
My girlfriend is an old school, laid back, Catholic ISFP. We're both Filipinos so the issue of social conformity is important. She sometimes notices that I don't recognize it and talk pretty much in a liberal fashion. She hates public display of affection, which I like doing, and she thinks that I should show more courtesy to her parents, which I would sometimes view as sucking-up beyond my comfort zone.
She's a breadwinner in her family and she's always working and she doesn't understand my tendency to self-introspect on a considerable amount of time, affecting my more earth-bound roles, such as looking immediately for a new work if I don't have one.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I would imagine INTJs and ENTJs as the most successful archetypes from the dork archetypes. They sort of embrace it even. I'm veering away from it, I think, longing for more personal ties with people, but still within a more individualistic framework.

redacted

I wouldn't agree with INFJ. If this person were an INFJ, would they have been so sure of NT temperament?

INFJ's are usually more confident of INxx, IxxJ, or INFx.

I still think they might be an INTJ, or (possibly) ISTP. Fi should not be stronger for an INFJ than Fe. It just doesn't work that way.

i thought i was ENTP for so long... and i was quite sure of my NT-ness.

i think he's INFJ (little hints of Fe) or INTP.

let me find some examples of Fe...

"but that's because it's a defense mechanism for me for the fear of being continuously misunderstood."

"Let's say that you're a stereotypical aloof INTP. You hated the isolation it brings, and as a contingency measure, in order for you to have a lesser feeling of isolation, you started analyzing other people's feelings, in which case, you develop a certain degree of empathy, compelling your attachment to your feelings to develop, but not in a way that it would overthrow your default rational mindset." <----- this IS me

"She becomes even more silent, making me eventually just apologize just to settle things even if I don't see things as my fault. She's not even verbally equipped to apologize well.

There's a part of me that wants to provoke her to speak up more because I hate the idea of her being a pushover in many aspects of her life, but I realize that a verbal provocation hardly works. I want her to be inspired instead but I don't have the verbal capacity to be a sweet inspirational talker."

"except when they're able to recognize my righteous side and see me as support person of some sort when they're emotionally wrecked."

i dunno, i could see INTP or INFJ. but i'd lean towards INFJ since i see so much Ni (and no apparent Ne).

if he was an INFJ, though, he'd have amazingly strong Ti.

hmm... Cypocalypse, do you always see both sides of a misunderstanding? can you see things from other people's perspectives easily? are you quite moved by other people's (legitimate) troubles? are you very motivated to avoid/resolve conflict?

redacted

I would imagine INTJs and ENTJs as the most successful archetypes from the dork archetypes. They sort of embrace it even. I'm veering away from it, I think, longing for more personal ties with people, but still within a more individualistic framework.

ah. that's more evidence for INFJ.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
hmm... Cypocalypse, do you always see both sides of a misunderstanding? can you see things from other people's perspectives easily? are you quite moved by other people's (legitimate) troubles? are you very motivated to avoid/resolve conflict?

I can see how a person's disposition can led him to that level of thinking. Like...uhmmm....have an idea on why he may think a certain way. For that to happen, I need to know the person on a considerable basis. But then, because my rational standpoint and my feeling of being misunderstood, I have the tendency to prioritize my view, and sometimes even consider it as the more righteous one. I'm rarely apologetic, especially to the ESFx types because I have this feeling that it will just enhance their I'm-always-right mentality. But if it's an ISFx type, I tend to become easily apologetic to settle things.

With regard to solving other issues, I think I'm pretty ok with it, though I still have to improve on my manner of speaking so that it wouldn't sound too robotic or apathetic.