• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What if I'm a 6?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll do some self research and introspection on this and get back to you guys. Thanks for your thoughts so far though!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5 is just starting to make more and more sense to me. A lot of things about 9 seemed a bit cloudy for me. Like they could make sense... but not a lot of it struck a cord. Not as much as 6 has.

The biggest problem for Sixes is that they try to build safety in the environment without resolving their own emotional insecurities. When they learn to face their anxieties, however, Sixes understand that although the world is always changing and is, by nature uncertain, they can be serene and courageous in any circumstance. And they can attain the greatest gift of all, a sense of peace with themselves despite the uncertainties of life.

That is SO true. I do this a lot actually (bolded)! And as a result of trying to do that I still feel insecure. When I do resolve my emotional insecurities though, everything feels great. Almost surreal. Like a sort of nirvana. It's very rare that feels that great to me. And when it does I just want it to stay that way... but as the quote says the world is everychanging and some things have to change. But I just have to be courageous and take everything head on to get over my fears and insecurities.

http://www.9types.com/descr/?type=6

^Pretty much everything on that page is descriptive of me, to a T.

Until they can get in touch with their own inner guidance, Sixes are like a ping-pong ball that is constantly shuttling back and forth between whatever influence is hitting the hardest in any given moment. Because of this reactivity, no matter what we say about Sixes, the opposite is often also as true. They are both strong and weak, fearful and courageous, trusting and distrusting, defenders and provokers, sweet and sour, aggressive and passive, bullies and weaklings, on the defensive and on the offensive, thinkers and doers, group people and soloists, believers and doubters, cooperative and obstructionistic, tender and mean, generous and petty—and on and on. It is the contradictory picture that is the characteristic “fingerprint” of Sixes, the fact that they are a bundle of opposites.

I seriously almost freaked out when I read this. HOW CAN ANYTHING DESCRIBE ME THIS WELL. I've always considered myself paradoxical... it's just like it says.

Not to mention that everyone I've introduced to the enneagram IRL has asked if I was a 6. Including- my very, very perceptive ESFP 3w2 sx/so cousin, INFJ 6w5 sp/so best friend, INFP 4w5 sp/sx bestie, the list goes on. When they read 6 they would say "this sounds like you."

God. This whole page is just eerie. http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typesix.asp It's like I'm reading a blueprint of my mind.

Chloe

exciting!!:D
what about soul child thingie? thats always a confirmation

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It fits quite nicely.

VagrantFarce

I find it interesting that you first identified with 9, considering it's relationship with 6. :)

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I find it interesting that you first identified with 9, considering it's relationship with 6. :)

This. Very cool, Black Cat. :cheese: It means at one point, you reached your integration level. :) Glad you found your type!

The biggest problem for Sixes is that they try to build safety in the environment without resolving their own emotional insecurities. When they learn to face their anxieties, however, Sixes understand that although the world is always changing and is, by nature uncertain, they can be serene and courageous in any circumstance. And they can attain the greatest gift of all, a sense of peace with themselves despite the uncertainties of life.

I think this is uniquely a six trait. :yes:

THE LOYALIST
Enneagram Type Six

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support

I'm no good at this. People have to pin me down, in order for me to admit that I could use some support. A perfectionist to the core, I had to overcome major cognitive blocks from the very thing that drives my personality.