• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am not really asking this because i need to know but more to know where i fit in on the grand scheme of things ..

So relevant/irrelevant info about me:

I am the life and soul of the party, i can mingle with complete strangers and won't hesitate to start a conversation, however i do in the evenings come home and retreat from the world.

I don't like drama yet seem to get caught up in it, i know i express how i feel online although you don't always get the full details, only those i am willing to share.

I love my family but from a distance. Moving to the other side of the world didn't bother me in the slightest. I can always talk to them on the phone. I don't need people in my life. If you are in my life though, i'll fight for you to the hilt as i'm a big believer in justice and karma. Fuck me over and i'll just walk away, life will deal your cards.

I am practical, life has taught me to become this but my head can be so far in the clouds that i don't even recognise my children shouting my name. I am also clumsy.

I am a feeler but i can do Ti incredibly well i think. I am always thinking, connecting, evaluating, probing, expanding my thoughts. I don't quite realise just when i am being witty and playing on words, that stuff must come from my subconscious.

I know my J/P is balanced .. Sometimes i am incredibly organised then something i like to keep things open and will not bother picking up clothes offmy bedroom floor for a week, lol.

At work i like to know where i am and what i'm doing, i like the security but i also like to have my options open. I am not loyal to the company paying my wages. I like freedom and not restrictions. I scare my boss at meeting as she is concerned i'll speak up, i'm not afraid to speak up in meetings but will hold back in a close relationship.

I know how to play the game like most people but sometimes regarding people i am unaware of when i am being taken advantage of.

I can be blunt to a T, like people to say it how it is then move on. I can be compassionate to others needs but dislike energy vampire.

I can procrastinate with the best of people and i don't give myself much credit unless i know i've done a good job, then i can toot my own horn as i know what i'm good at. Sometimes i'll look at threads and wonder if it's me who typed what i did as i sounded somewhat intelligent/knowledgeable when infact i feel like i don't have an extensive vocabulary at all.

I love the dynamics of my household. I get on well with my ISTJ although his closed mindedness drives me crazy at times, my xNTP is crazy which i love, always showing me new and quirky stuff online. They both have a great sense of humour. My step father is an ENFJ and we relate so well, we talk about science, astronomy, physics, fiction etc. My mother is an ESFJ and i love her but she drives me insane with her apron strings, she's raised her kids, now get on with life but she doesn't. My father is an INTJ and i understand him better now than in the past, we have excellent conversations but absolutely no feelings are talked about, it's refreshing talking with no feelings although they covered but not in a feely gooey kind of way.

You guys see where i post, know the type i have chosen but i'm sick of putting myself in one box. When i originally took the test last year, i was in a bad head space and tested ISFJ. Since then i've taken the test many times and come up with ESFJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENFP .. Reading the books i know i relate to some of the ESFJ traits but ENFJ fits better, but i don't know that i'm an intuitive .. I feel like a sensor with their head in the clouds. I started this today as someone on vent was paying attention to my comments and asked if i was an ENxJ, lol, It's all crazy.

Like i said at the beginning, it doesn't bother me if no conclusions are reached as i'm happy to stay XXXX.

I'm sure there is more but if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers.

Edit - I can theorize as long as it's a subject that interests me. I like reading on multiple subjects, i am currently delving into alternative therapies including crystal therapy and i'm researching spirituality and if i could become proficient at any subject it would be physics as it hurts my head but is still fascinating. I also like people who are nerdy/knowledgeable who enjoy debating.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
You always make me smile :hug:

I find it funny that in different interactions people view me differently .. However it is what it is.

I have just been looking through 20+ pages trying to find a thread to no avail .. So instead i'll add this.

I do see the big picture on occasions
I do like debating theories
I can see/think beyond my sensory perceptions
I do like to daydream
I am not always a pushover
I only wish i could write with such poise that my words resonate the very wind that carries them .. Oh well, i'm a people person, lol

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You always make me smile :hug:

Ditto :D

I find it funny that in different interactions people view me differently .. However it is what it is.

Yup. Often times I feed off of other people in my interactions with them and don't always act the same way around every person I encounter, so that could lead to different people typing me differently. Most of the time I feel closest to the ISFJ typing though (minus the parts that make them seem thoroughly inhuman, lol )

I have just been looking through 20+ pages trying to find a thread to no avail .. So instead i'll add this.

Try some of the advanced functions in the search feature here. They sometimes works.

I do see the big picture on occasions - I do too most of the time. I feel like I see both the big picture and the details. I just enjoy the details more for some reason. We all use all of the functions.
I do like debating theories - I don't. My eyes glaze over at them.
I can see/think beyond my sensory perceptions - Yeah me too. Very much so. I find it entirely strange and out-of-touch that some N's on here suggest that S's, or any human being for that matter, do otherwise. :confused:
I do like to daydream - Me too. :D See my previous comment.
I am not always a pushover - I'm not either. And don't forget that because we're SFJ's, when we're not being a pushover, we're labeled as overbearing control-freaks. *rolls eyes*
I only wish i could write with such poise that my words resonate the very wind that carries them .. Oh well, i'm a people person, lol- For sure! I feel the exact same way. :hugs:

See above quote...

All in all sas, to me the thing that stands out the most to me about you is that you are really grounded and down-to-earth. This is why I think you're SFJ. I've had the same impression of Chaotic Harmony as well but I don't know as much about her to comment.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
BOSS
KEWL
MILF

:happy:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thank you Giggly, Walking and Halla :hug:

At the end of the day, i am what i am. If others perceive to be anything else, that's their choice.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You remind me A LOT of my mom. High energy, free spirited, ESFJ, well developed Ne tertiary.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

At the end of the day, i am what i am. If others perceive to be anything else, that's their choice.

You're a classy chick, Sas.
Halla loves your spunk and toughness and sweetness and awesomeness. :hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you have a similar vibe of two other esfjs i know...both super cool...seem pretty chill in a lot of ways...always up for company and fun...will do anything for their friends and will let someone fucking have it when necessary...i like esfjs :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're a classy chick, Sas.
Halla loves your spunk and toughness and sweetness and awesomeness. :hug:

Seconded.

You know yourself better than anyone else. Do you think that we are off the mark?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Halla .. I am blushing now. Thanks :)

Lady .. Thanks. You seem such a nice person and unfortunately i haven't even given myself the chance to really mix with many NF's due to being fucked 6 ways on Friday by 2 unhealthy nf's, without the use of lubricants, lol. Aware of my prejudices, i am going to make more of an effort :hug:

You know yourself better than anyone else. Do you think that we are off the mark?

If i read the descriptions, then yeah, i do see elements of ESFJ in me. I also see it in the ENFJ but i know i am P when calm, J when stressed.
I've been trying to figure out the functions aspect and although Fe, i do Fi incredibly well. Ti is supposed to be my inferior function but again, i do that well, i think, yet i do Te .. Although happy to find faulty logic/reasoning i'm happy to let my ego rest at times as i don't need to prove a point unless i'm in asshole/argumentative mood. I don't like Si.

Ultimately, i know i'm good at adapting to situations .. so trying to find my preferences is like trying to <insert something zany here>

Maybe i am looking for freedom but even that is never absolute; it is always relative to something else.