• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ah, so confused...

LizMusica

I took the test two times online with two different tests, and got back with an isfp, then later infj, I usually get isfj although I am seeing a see saw.... am I really unsure of myself? I really want to understand who I am? What do you think?

thank you

zil

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Perhaps you could tell us which questions on the P/J access were uncertain? How are you with routine, orderly life... do you like risks?

LizMusica

Thank you, I took the test and came back with an ENFP:shock:

that certainly can not be right haha! I don't know... when I scored an ISFJ, S and J were pretty much in the middle not very strong I guess. Their must be something to this? Maybe I just can't make up my mind, I seem to play different parts on different days? Can that be possible?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took the test two times online with two different tests, and got back with an isfp, then later infj

Ah, good -- I am glad we cleared everything up for you! :smile:

Well, you're still young too, and women in western culture are socialized towards ISFJ in terms of behavior (like Enneagram Two's) and so sometimes that can make it difficult to determine type.

So if you think you might not be accurately typed, there would have been influences upon you that would have pushed you into other directions. So then you need to ask what sort of family did you grow up in? What are your parents like? Were you the eldest child? What role did you play with your siblings? What sort of school did you go, and what role did you play there? Do you belong to a religious faith? What tenets of the faith might have impacted/structured your life?

Questions like that, zil.... that is what I would look at.

LizMusica

Ah, good -- I am glad we cleared everything up for you! :smile:

Well, you're still young too, and women in western culture are socialized towards ISFJ in terms of behavior (like Enneagram Two's) and so sometimes that can make it difficult to determine type.

So if you think you might not be accurately typed, there would have been influences upon you that would have pushed you into other directions. So then you need to ask what sort of family did you grow up in? What are your parents like? Were you the eldest child? What role did you play with your siblings? What sort of school did you go, and what role did you play there? Do you belong to a religious faith? What tenets of the faith might have impacted/structured your life?

Questions like that, zil.... that is what I would look at.

I could very well be an ISFJ although my personal beliefes might have played a part in my choices regardless if I act against them at times. I consider myself a christian for about 3 years... I dont have any siblings but my older cousin lived with me for about 4 years while in highschool. I lived in a non-religious family very independent but brought me up well. I never struggled with any peer pressure I was and still think I am able to say no. Although, I tend to be too nice at times and may not say "no." I am afriad for the future, but then I have hope and excitement for the future? I enjoy life and appreciate it pretty much everyday even in a depressed state? I can be quite an honest person and able to share my feelings with others but still can be quite reserved at the same time... blah blah blah hope this makes sense...

:)

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously, Liz, that test is useless, and will only make you more confused.

In MBTT, it's perfectly legitimate to type via dichotomies. Functionally, socionics is far superior to and more consistent than MBTT. But let's concentrate on MBTT in an MBTT forum. Essentially, it's likely that you're either confused or just changing from day to day in some way or other. Generally, people will be sure on one or two dichotomy/ies (for you it seems to be Introversion over Extraversion; for me it's Thinking over Feeling), and the rest can often blend. I've had a myriad of results; ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, ESTP ESTJ and ISTJ. From this, you have to decipher what your true type is. Evidently I'm a Thinker. I score more J over P, and have looked at the dichotomies, and feel that at this present moment in time, I'm more J than P. With E/I, although I might test as I, I think generally I'm more E. My mind might change at some time.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ

that certainly can not be right haha! I don't know... when I scored an ISFJ, S and J were pretty much in the middle not very strong I guess. Their must be something to this? Maybe I just can't make up my mind, I seem to play different parts on different days? Can that be possible?

To evaluate your cognitive processes test results, we really need to see your results for each of the functions, to see if there are any meaningful tendencies. It is of the utmost importance the results of that test are properly interpreted.

LizMusica

I am new to the mbti tests but I find it quite fascinating. I have been reading a bit and I see that I am probably an infp but also isfj at times. My mom is infp that could be the reason but I definetly can relate to the discription. Unfortunetly I didnt save the last results because I thought they were not me haha I think I may be confused but I definetly am not an extrovert. I wish I was though sometimes.

I think I will try and take it again and will post the results...:whistling:

thanks

LizMusica

here they are...

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.4)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.1)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.7)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISFP

LizMusica

I also got INFP on the humanmetrics.com test

INFP

I 100%

N 50%

F 100%

P 22%

LizMusica

maybe when I scored ISFJ multiple times I wasn't answering honestly?:thinking: I do see the N side of me though... I like to live in a fantasy world, escape reality, and I love the arts.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well first you ought to probably determine your temperament.

SP - Want the freedom to choose the next act. Seek to have impact, to get results. Want to be graceful, bold, and impressive. Generally are excited and optimistic. Are absorbed in the action of the moment. Are oriented toward the present. Seek adventure and stimulation. Hunger for spontaneity. Trust impulses, luck, and their ability to solve any problem they run into. Think in terms of variation. Have a talent for noticing and describing rich detail, constantly seeking relevant information. Like freedom to move, festivities, and games. Tend to be natural negotiators. Seize opportunities. Usually are gifted tacticians, deciding the best move to make in the moment, the expedient action to take. Are frequently drawn to all kinds of work that requires variation on a theme.

NF- Want to be authentic, benevolent, and empathic. Search for identity, meaning, and significance. Are relationship oriented, particularly valuing meaningful relationships. Tend to be idealistic and visionary, wanting to make the world a better place. Look to the future. Trust their intuition, imagination, and impressions. Focus on developing potential, fostering and facilitating growth through coaching, teaching, counseling, and communicating. Generally are enthusiastic. Think in terms of integration and similarities and look for universals. Often are gifted in the use of metaphors to bridge different perspectives. Usually are diplomatic. Frequently are drawn to work that inspires and develops people and relationships.

SJ - Want to fit in, to have membership. Hunger for responsibility, accountability, and predictability. Tend to be generous, to serve, and to do their duty. Establish and maintain institutions and standard operating procedures. Tend to protect and preserve, to stand guard and warn. Look to the past and tradition. Foster enculturation with ceremonies and rules. Trust contracts and authority. Want security and stability. Think in terms of what is conventional, comparisons, associations, and discrete elements. Generally are serious, concerned, and fatalistic. Usually are skilled at ensuring that things, information, and people are in the right place, in the right amounts, in the right quality, at the right time. Frequently gravitate toward business and commerce.

LizMusica

NF sounds more like who I am...

I am always searching for new things to keep my mind wondering. I love engaging in things I am interested in and dislike focusing on the things that dont relate to my imaginations. I love to write poetry, its usually when I have a sudden burst of inspiration, love creativity, and writting out how I feel. The way I see it, I may scare people away with my intense deep thoughts, although I love a good laugh

LizMusica

what would be the difference between an INFJ to an INFP? This one is a struggle for me to get as I seem to fluctuate between the two just like many others do? :party2:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
INFP- Fi
INFJ- Fe

Check out INFPgc and see if you identify..

INFJs are extremely analytical, INFPs are expressive and warm.