• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or ENFP? Other?

NewGuy1

I am not sure which I am, I have come up as both. I am fairly emotional in that what people think about me is important to me and effects my decisions to an extent. But I can also come off as someone who is arrogant because I believe that I am usually right and make it known. I am a self proclaimed "genius" (I have taken a IQ test but dont remember the answer but often tell people I scored in the genius range, could be true could be a stretch). I am very interested in people and my future both which I think are very much interrelated. I am in college and I believe I am here to make good relationships because its more about "who you know not what you know" although I am constantly in the search of more knowledge it is just all over the place. Right now the knowledge I am looking for is about MBTI but before this I have read books on other personality traits such as The Art of Seduction, You Can Negotiate Anything and Think and Grow Rich. It is said that ENFPs believe everyone is good I may have once believed this but now I believe that everyone is going for good but good is relative because it is human nature for people to be selfish to an extent. I also took a philosophy class and psychology class and find these very interesting topics.

I also came up as ENTJ before but dont think I fit that nearly as much.

Please help me find this out because it is something I am very interested in. I can provide more information upon request.
Well

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you came up as ENTJ then ENFP is more likely than ENTP, because ENFPs have Te as their thinking function -- same as ENTJs. Also, IQ is not type related (statistically, my own type should have only slightly above-average IQ but my own IQ is in the genius range).

Let's see... would you consider yourself an idealist?

NewGuy1

Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships, and dream of attaining wisdom.
Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic.
Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.
Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents, and inspirational leaders.

I do dream of attaining wisdom (But money as well).
I do find myself kind and try to find my true self
Thoroughly believe in the potential of humans but don't trust people really (that comes from personal experience). Alot of times I believe in people more than they do themselves.

But some of the rationalist fits me.

Rationals are even-tempered ( happy person try not to get angry), they trust logic (Idk what this means but I hav common sense) yearn for achievement (if this means like in school this is not me) seek knowledge (I do seek knowledge), prize technology ( love technology, understand it's power but not a technical person), and dream of understanding how the world works ( I would agree with this)

NewGuy1

Inventors often have a lively circle of friends and are interested in their ideas and activities. They are usually easy-going, seldom critical or carping. Inventors can be engaging conversationalists, able to express their own complicated ideas and to follow the ideas of others.

Inventors are usually non-conformists in the workplace, and can succeed in many areas as long as the job does not involve too much humdrum routine. They make good leaders on pilot projects that test their ingenuity.(definitely a non conformist) And they are skilled at engineering human relationships and human systems, quickly grasping the politics of institutions and always wanting to understand the people within the system rather than tell them what to do( I think I have very good social intelligence). No matter what their occupation, however, Inventors display an extraordinary talent for rising to the demands of even the most impossible situations.( I take pride in being able to overcome what people call impossible) "It can't be done" is a challenge to an Inventor and elicits a reaction of "I can do it." (this is something that motivates me all the tome, if someone tells me I can't do somethingI will)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
everyone online has an IQ in the genius range. welcome to the internetz.

haha seriously though, the main differences between ENFP and ENTP... ENFPs will tend to value being loved and supported, put more weight in others' opinions, want to reach a point of agreement in argument; ENTPs will tend to value being right and logical, tend to trust themselves more, want to reach a point of truth in argument.

the biggest difference is ENTP uses Introverted Thinking + Extraverted Feeling (in other words, very logical inside but may engage great people skills and empathy), while ENFP uses Introverted Feeling + Extraverted Thinking (very ethical inside but may engage great logical organization and streamlining). if you feel like you can "turn on and off" either T or F more, you're probably the opposite type (being an ENFP, i can "turn on" logic if i need to, but it's not that important to me unless i see a need for it.)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs actually don't put that much weight on others' opinions. ENFPs are often people persons, but Fi produces a very personal belief set. Rather they're more likely to try to gently (or not so gently) persuade people to see things their way.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
haha seriously though, the main differences between ENFP and ENTP... ENFPs will tend to value being loved and supported, put more weight in others' opinions, want to reach a point of agreement in argument; ENTPs will tend to value being right and logical, tend to trust themselves more, want to reach a point of truth in argument.

I have to say I disagree. And also, an ENFP will want truth as well. An ENFP would never agree with something just for the sake of preserving harmony.

NewGuy1

If I disagree with something or somebody is trying to convince me something I know I cannot be convince I will completely stop arguing. I dont feel the need to convince other people on topics like these, I will just say "yea, yea, yea" until they see Ive made my decision or simply tell them "theres no point in arguing about this".

NewGuy1

If I disagree with something or somebody is trying to convince me something I know I cannot be convince I will completely stop arguing. I dont feel the need to convince other people on topics like these, I will just say "yea, yea, yea" until they see Ive made my decision or simply tell them "theres no point in arguing about this". Some decisions I am very

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're ENFP.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, do you agree with this more?
ENTP

Introverted thinking (Ti)
Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.

Extraverted feeling (Fe)
Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.

Or this:
ENFP

Extraverted thinking (Te)
Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives. Te seeks logical explanations for actions, events, and conclusions, looking for faulty reasoning and lapses in sequence.

Introverted feeling (Fi)
Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.

I was also split between ENFP and ENTP, but I know I am ENFP :) What helped me the most was looking at the careers for each.

ENFP
performer, actor, entertainer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker, comedian, radio broadcaster/dj, some job related to theater/drama, poet, music journalist, work in fashion industry, singer, movie producer, playwright, bartender, comic book author, work in television, dancer, artist, record store owner, model, freelance artist, teacher (art, drama, music), writer, painter, massage therapist, costume designer, choreographer, make up artist

ENTP
dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

Which one has more jobs that interest you?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aleksei said:
ENFPs actually don't put that much weight on others' opinions. ENFPs are often people persons, but Fi produces a very personal belief set. Rather they're more likely to try to gently (or not so gently) persuade people to see things their way.

yes, i agree. i'm afraid what i meant by saying that didn't come across the way i meant it to.

Moiety said:
I have to say I disagree. And also, an ENFP will want truth as well. An ENFP would never agree with something just for the sake of preserving harmony.

yeah, i definitely phrased poorly. sorry, after that last huge Fe-Fi thread, i guess i'm getting lazy!

the way i understand it, is that to Fi (xxFP), others' opinions matter because you care about the other person and want them to be happy and whole inside, too, not so much because you are easily swayed by what they say. it's because F in general, both Fi and Fe, wants happiness and harmony at a very, very base level. this kind of inner person caring is not the same as Fe - it's not really interpersonal - in other words, i don't care about your opinion because it demonstrates that i respect you - but i care because i value you as a person and the significance of that idea to both of us. i do think an ENFP will usually have a slightly more fluid/personal idea of "truth" than an ENTP, though. and yes, when someone disagrees with something you believe in, Fi will FIGHT. plus, as an ExxP, you are, to a certain extent, going to be swayed by external information. it's just the nature of Pe...

interestingly, OrangeAppled pointed out in another thread that ExFP Fi can look like Fe to her, from the outside. i see how that could happen here... like (being swayed by external info in general) + (caring about other people internally) = appearing to be easily led by others. i'm an e3, too, so maybe it's especially potent for me.

ENTP
dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

these totally seem more fun. lol. besides mechanical engineer, cool stuff, but yuck for me!

NewGuy1, you sound more like an ENTP so far, just to me. that username sounds like NT humor, too :)

NewGuy1

This is hard... but i hate labeling so I guess im a little happy that I cant be typified but still want to know :shrug:. So i guess I have a little more info since it seems like these two types seem fairly similar.

I am someone who lives by a code I guess. I am just beginning to notice this, one example of this is I know a lot of people who as college students take advantage of little cheap ways of help I think (like food stamps) and I just refuse. I get this from my family because my grandmother who could have really used welfare would not take it because she refused to depend on the government. This sense of individuality is something that may relate me to ENFP

I am an economics major and very good at mathematics. I was going to be an engineering major and as a child often dreamt of being an inventor. seems ENTP like to me.

I would love to own a bar/ club, learn message therapy, and am almost always the comedian out of my group.

This is hard.. maybe I am both. That would make me happy, I am uncategorizable :D