• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Me ENTP?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, my problem is that I also see a lot of unproductive Ne. Like just doing random shit for no reason. Also, I do not know whether my poor ability lately to comprehend things and take in information is a prodct of poor Ti, poor Ne, poor Si or poor Se. I know I definitely have poor Se. And I don't know how easily I can differentiate between my preference for something and my development of something. Like whether I do not do something because I have a low preference for it or because I have low development and ability to use it well.

Ok. If we're going with MBTI, then you don't have Se if you are INTP. Seeing as that INTJ's have Inferior Se, it leads back to you being INTJ. But first of all, how do you define Se?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Also ^, yeah ... I have been thinking lately that maybe I am Ne-dom as well because at my best, I need to extrovert. I am very externally focused and influenced, very. It's hard to say. Do you relate more to the ENTPs on here or INTPs? I sense a reserved seriousness about you that's more Ti dom.

I've always thought I related more to the INTP profiles. Things like running into situations without preparation and on-the-spot improv, manipulating others (even without intended harm), bending the truth or rules to achieve a goal, arguing just for the fun of it etc. I never really related to. However, I also don't relate to the idea that knowledge and understanding is by far the INTPs primary concern. I mean I LIKE it yes, but it's not my life or anything. I WOULD like to have a positive effect on the world, and I don't always need a complex system to study all the time. A lot of the time I can be happy just listening to things and thinking idly.

I feel like maybe I'm an INTP, but with a lot of unmonitored Ne expression. Like it seems my Ti is control when it matters, but a lot of the time I just let my Ne do whatever it feels like. I dunno. Does that work?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Ok. If we're going with MBTI, then you don't have Se if you are INTP. Seeing as that INTJ's have Inferior Se, it leads back to you being INTJ. But first of all, how do you define Se?

No, I didn't mean I have inferior Se, I meant poor, as in really small preference and even smaller ability. Like of all my 8 functions, Se is my least developed. You can see my function order at the bottom, at least as far as I got from testing. Everyone has to have 8 functions.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I didn't mean I have inferior Se, I meant poor, as in really small preference and even smaller ability. Like of all my 8 functions, Se is my least developed. You can see my function order at the bottom, at least as far as I got from testing. Everyone has to have 8 functions.

MBTI uses the four function system. So, in this sense, if you are clearly disinclined towards Se then you are some sort of Ni-dom. "Inferior" means the least preferred so I don't understand the confusion. What is your definition of "Inferior"?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
MBTI uses the four function system. So, in this sense, if you are clearly disinclined towards Se then you are some sort of Ni-dom. "Inferior" means the least preferred so I don't understand the confusion. What is your definition of "Inferior"?

Well inferior means your 4th most developed, because you have dominant, auxilliary, tertiary and inferior. You're being rather literal and boxed-in (can't thinkof a better term right now) about this. Okay, going by MBTI, with 4 functions only, I have no Se (despite the fact that SOME Se is required to take in information at all). I'm not an Ni dom and have very rarely experienced anything that could be considered Ni. But still my function order doesn't fit in precisely with everything, and I don't think you HAVE to fit exactly into the 4 functions predicted generally for your type. My Fi is certainly stronger than in many INTPs (if I am one), and it's at least as strong as my Fe.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well inferior means your 4th most developed, because you have dominant, auxilliary, tertiary and inferior.
"most developed", you say?

And I wonder, what is the 'other name' for the fifth function?

You're being rather literal and boxed-in (can't thinkof a better term right now) about this.

???

SOME Se is required to take in information at all.

I know I'm digressing from main topic but I'm curious. Why is SOME Se required to take in information at all?

I'm not an Ni dom and have very rarely experienced anything that could be considered Ni. But still my function order doesn't fit in precisely with everything, and I don't think you HAVE to fit exactly into the 4 functions predicted generally for your type. My Fi is certainly stronger than in many INTPs (if I am one), and it's at least as strong as my Fe.

can you describe your suggested Fi experiences?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
"most developed", you say?

And I wonder, what is the 'other name' for the fifth function?

???

I know I'm digressing from main topic but I'm curious. Why is SOME Se required to take in information at all?

can you describe your suggested Fi experiences?

As far as I have learned, Se is about taking in sensory data in the present moment (preferance to do so and ability). So it's how we take in information. Maybe Ne can also do this or something, but I thought this was more what we do with the information, forming ideas out of it. The introverted percieving ones come from the self, memory or subconscious, so they don't really take data in.

My Fi experiences? Personally formed values towards things and a certain degree of perfectionism in them, a desire to express how I feel about things in artistic ways, desiring inner harmony and one on one relationships etc.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'll try to explain what I mean better. If Se notices sensory information in the present, without this, why would someone like sex, or watching movies. How would they even be able to know there is something there. All data outside their heads would just be meaningless, because it wouldn't notice them at all.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
You seem INTP to me. ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.

hahaha you got that right

----------------------------------

It seems you analized this thing a lot. You are too patient and analytic to be ENTP.
It's normal to doubt, it's a habit to doubt if you're NTP. Why is this like that and it ain't the other way around, why does this belong here? Why am I like this, and am I sure I am like this? you get the idea. It's the Ti talking.