• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Me ENTP?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I've been told. What do you think are the chances of this being true?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
BTW here's the results of my last function test, which was about a month ago. I just tried to take one again, but the site won't submit. It gives me an "Not Found" message.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.6)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************** (35.7)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.2)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

It has been suggested that the high Fi is probably a mistake arising from a combination of Ti, Fe.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Found a working one and got slightly different results.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************ (12.8)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.9)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************************* (49)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.8)
good use

So, I guess that's Ti>Ne>Fi>Te=Si>Ni>Fe>Se

As opposed to what I got last time, which was Ti>Fi>Ne>Te>Si>Ni>Fe>Se

Well, that's only a small difference, a switch of Fi and Ne

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You seem INTP to me. ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem INTP to me. ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.

THIS.

If you were an ENTP you'd have those four letters tattooed on your ass. :laugh:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
What? This is weird, I always thought you were an ISFJ

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
What? This is weird, I always thought you were an ISFJ

So, is that a joke or did you really think that? Because if you really did think I was ISFJ, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, especially since my type was listed as INTP until the update removed the listing.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
If you were an ENTP you'd have those four letters tattooed on your ass. :laugh:

^^ :yes: we're like cabbage patch dolls - our bums are stamped... and stop looking at my bum, halla.

also - if you were an entp you'd realise idris was having a laugh and poke him back.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
With Extraverted Intuition dominating their personality, the ENTP's primary interest in life is understanding the world that they live in. They are constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations they are presented in their lives. Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation. With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types.

This ability to intuitively understand people and situations puts the ENTP at a distinct advantage in their lives. They generally understand things quickly and with great depth. Accordingly, they are quite flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks. They are good at most anything that interests them. As they grow and further develop their intuitive abilities and insights, they become very aware of possibilities, and this makes them quite resourceful when solving problems.

ENTPs are idea people. Their perceptive abilities cause them to see possibilities everywhere. They get excited and enthusiastic about their ideas, and are able to spread their enthusiasm to others. In this way, they get the support that they need to fulfill their visions.

ENTPs are less interested in developing plans of actions or making decisions than they are in generating possibilities and ideas. Following through on the implementation of an idea is usually a chore to the ENTP. For some ENTPs, this results in the habit of never finishing what they start (sometimes). The ENTP who has not developed their Thinking process will have problems with jumping enthusiastically from idea to idea, without following through on their plans. The ENTP needs to take care to think through their ideas fully in order to take advantage of them.

The ENTP's auxiliary process of Introverted Thinking drives their decision making process. Although the ENTP is more interested in absorbing information than in making decisions, they are quite rational and logical in reaching conclusions. When they apply Thinking to their Intuitive perceptions, the outcome can be very powerful indeed. A well-developed ENTP is extremely visionary, inventive, and enterprising.

ENTPs are fluent conversationalists, mentally quick, and enjoy verbal sparring with others. They love to debate issues, and may even switch sides sometimes just for the love of the debate. When they express their underlying principles, however, they may feel awkward and speak abruptly and intensely.

The ENTP personality type is sometimes referred to the "Lawyer" type. The ENTP "lawyer" quickly and accurately understands a situation, and objectively and logically acts upon the situation. Their Thinking side makes their actions and decisions based on an objective list of rules or laws. If the ENTP was defending someone who had actually committed a crime, they are likely to take advantage of quirks in the law that will get their client off the hook. If they were to actually win the case, they would see their actions as completely fair and proper to the situation, because their actions were lawful. The guilt or innocence of their client would not be as relevant. If this type of reasoning goes uncompletely unchecked by the ENTP, it could result in a character that is perceived by others as unethical or even dishonest. The ENTP, who does not naturally consider the more personal or human element in decision making, should take care to notice the subjective, personal side of situations. This is a potential problem are for ENTPs. Although their logical abilities lend strength and purpose to the ENTP, they may also isolate them from their feelings and from other people.

The least developed area for the ENTP is the Sensing-Feeling arena. If the Sensing areas are neglected, the ENTP may tend to not take care of details in their life. If the Feeling part of themself is neglected, the ENTP may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive.

Under stress, the ENTP may lose their ability to generate possibilities, and become obsessed with minor details. These details may seem to be extremely important to the ENTP, but in reality are usually not important to the big picture.

In general, ENTPs are upbeat visionaries. They highly value knowledge, and spend much of their lives seeking a higher understanding. They live in the world of possibilities, and become excited about concepts, challenges and difficulties. When presented with a problem, they're good at improvising and quickly come up with a creative solution. Creative, clever, curious, and theoretical, ENTPs have a broad range of possibilities in their lives.

That's what I do and don't fit for ENTP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've been told. What do you think are the chances of this being true?

There's an easy equation to find out: Substract the amount of girls you flirted on by the amount of girls you banged. If it's a number far smaller -50 you're so entp :)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world (Debateable). Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

The INTP has no Not that much understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.

The INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion, which will interfere with their creative potential. Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical. If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately.

For the INTP, it is extremely important that ideas and facts are expressed correctly and succinctly. They are likely to express themselves in what they believe to be absolute truths. Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others. The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing. It's important that the INTP place importance on expressing their developed theories in understandable ways. In the end, an amazing discovery means nothing if you are the only person who understands it.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways. Consequently, a lot of scientific breakthroughs in the world have been made by the INTP.

The INTP is at his best when he can work on his theories independently. When given an environment which supports his creative genius and possible eccentricity, the INTP can accomplish truly remarkable things. These are the pioneers of new thoughts in our society.

That's what I do and don't fit for INTP. Actually, now I look at it, I fit it very well. It's just sometimes I look at the way I am acting and I seem energetic or using a fair bit of Ne, and sometimes get too mentally tired to organise my ideas and make them precise.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
There's an easy equation to find out: Substract the amount of girls you flirted on by the amount of girls you banged. If it's a number far smaller -50 you're so entp :)

Oh, well that's 0 - 0, whatever that is.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
...whatever that is.

Ur problem is officially solved. Arrogance is no entp trait, there it would be curiosity. Arrogant they would only be if it comes to length of p-ness or if they had a bad day. You'll when you stay longer on this forum, find out about the small difference there is and that the answer if you are entp or intp is defined not by behaviour, but by your attitude.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Ur problem is officially solved. Arrogance is no entp trait, there it would be curiosity. Arrogant they would only be if it comes to length of p-ness or if they had a bad day. You'll when you stay longer on this forum, find out about the small difference there is and that the answer if you are entp or intp is defined not by behaviour, but by your attitude.

This was somewhat difficult to decipher. At first I thought that you were saying that I am INTP because I lacked curiousity, an ENTP trait, but then that doesn't make any sense because a) INTPs also have a lot of curiousity and b) I am showing a lot of curiousity and the lack of effort in finding out what 0 - 0 was was obviously a joke (good or bad, I dunno). Are you even giving a definitive answer at all, or are you saying my problem is solved in the sense that I will one day solve the problem? Because if so, that's hardly solved. I'm totally confused.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'm once again in a state of perpetual type confusion!!! I may be ENTP, INFP or INTP like I normally think. Maybe even ENFP? So I will list my traits as I am currently and see what people think. At the moment I am stuck in a bit of an ADHD stage, so the world around me is mostly a blur, but I'm not always quite like this.

I am varyingly social. Sometimes I am outgoing and enthusiastic, sometimes I am laid back and casual, sometimes I am completely detatched.

I spend most of my time in thought and will run over something in my mind over and over again keeping in mind the most likely conclusions.

My imagination lately seems to be rather weak. I discuss possibilities frequently, but they lack ingenuity or flavour.

I also seem to be suffering from poor information processing. I am often sidetracked in my thoughts unless something is REALLY interesting, and often find myself unable to store or understand information that I come across in my daily life.

I also fail to take in things I am told, such as instructions, as I would rather just continue thinking about whatever is in my head.

I don't really care what most people think about me and can be rude to people if I think they are acting in a way that is stupid or shallow.

I don't take things at face value and always have to decide whether it is valid or not.

I need closure in an idea I am interested in and am cautious to make sure an idea will be realised in a way that is proffesional and well-designed and thought out.

I feel the need to correct people's logic or behaviour if it doesn't make sense. Some people think I get some joy out of this, for some reason, but all I want is for people to STOP ACTING SO STUPID!!!

I enjoy mysteries and puzzles to some degree, but at the moment, I do not have any particularly strong interest in anything, and am taking life as it comes. I feel more like designing things, but my creativity is failing as I've mentioned.

I like to argue my point across, not for fun, just for the point, but sometimes I just get tired of it and let people think what they want.

I dislike drawing definitive conclusions unless I am sure.

I care deeply about my friends and can be very empathetic, though I do so awkwardly and without skill.

I spend a lot of time on the internet browsing whatever interests me or occasionally working on something.

My room is messy but I don't like moving things very much. I put most things wherever, but my favourite books and games are placed in a precise order and I have a couple of things I have madelying around the room.

I can sometimes lose sight of my logic if I am obsessed with something, though I try to take a step back as often as possible to look at it objectively.

I am sometimes nosy and try to know what others are talking about, even if it's a private conversation, though if I get the hint I usually back off.

I am not afraid to speak my mind unless it is on personal matters, in which case I often get very anxious.

I sometimes talk to myself, though lately I have been preffering internal dialogue.

I dislike team sports, though I have some interest in martial arts.

I am a useless leader and I suck at cooperation. If other people don't like my ideas, I become unmotivated and can not convince them, so I give up or work by myself.

I enjoy useless trivia, though lately, as I've said, I don't absorb it, because I'm so detatched from the world and mentally confused.

I have occasional bursts of energy and sporadic behaviour, but am always cautious in a more serious environment.

I often say things that are random without thinking about them. Like really random, and often I don't even pay attention to whatever the hell is coming out of my mouth.

Sometimes I just like to go walking or to explore places. I also enjoy climbing things.

I have some degree of difference in how I behave according to the weather. When it is Sunny, I seem more active and sporadic, more E-like I guess, and when it is rainy or cloud-covered, I am more melancholic and I-like, and also more F-like. I must say I like both for different reasons, and I sometimes dislike them for different reasons as well.

I am sometimes impatient and moving between topics quickly, but sometimes I want to focus on one thing long after the conversation has moved on.

I prefer socialisation in small groups and sometimes one on one if I am comfortable enough with that person.

I have a variety of odd habits.

I usually enjoy going out with my friends and will rarely turn down an offer to go somewhere, even if I am very reserved and quiet when we actually go. I just like to listen to what they have to say and see what is around me.

I do not like parties or anything.

I have a very 'deep' I guess you could say attitude towards relationships. I must have great chemistry with the person and love them for themselves to want to date them. Physical aspects are of little importance and so is flirting. I have high standards for a partner, which is probably one of the reasons I don't have one.

I occasionally make rash judgements, but I usually reconsider these even without others mentioning it. I may say something stupid and realise it minutes or seconds later, and go over it.

I have a good sense of 'mood'.

I very much dislike manipulation and dishonesty.

I am very very lazy unless I am REALLY motivated by something.

And that's all that comes to mind right now.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ A whole lot of Ti I see.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
^ A whole lot of Ti I see.

Yeah, my problem is that I also see a lot of unproductive Ne. Like just doing random shit for no reason. Also, I do not know whether my poor ability lately to comprehend things and take in information is a prodct of poor Ti, poor Ne, poor Si or poor Se. I know I definitely have poor Se. And I don't know how easily I can differentiate between my preference for something and my development of something. Like whether I do not do something because I have a low preference for it or because I have low development and ability to use it well.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs rarely mistake themselves for introverts.

Huh? There's a number on INTPc who started out thinking they were INTPs only to realise Ne is to them like air.

OP you seem more Ti.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Yeah, my problem is that I also see a lot of unproductive Ne. Like just doing random shit for no reason. Also, I do not know whether my poor ability lately to comprehend things and take in information is a prodct of poor Ti, poor Ne, poor Si or poor Se. I know I definitely have poor Se. And I don't know how easily I can differentiate between my preference for something and my development of something. Like whether I do not do something because I have a low preference for it or because I have low development and ability to use it well.

Also ^, yeah ... I have been thinking lately that maybe I am Ne-dom as well because at my best, I need to extrovert. I am very externally focused and influenced, very. It's hard to say. Do you relate more to the ENTPs on here or INTPs? I sense a reserved seriousness about you that's more Ti dom.