• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Personality....

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I keep testing as an ESFJ... But I really think I may be an ESFP. I just don't know about my J. Yesterday I took a few different personality tests and tried to be more true to myself on the tests. I struggle answering with how I really am, I always tend to answer the way I want to be... So I think maybe that's where the J is coming from...

Here's a little bit about me...

I can't be somewhere on time to save my life. Doctor's appointment? Always stroll in right on time or five minutes late... Work? Might as well set my shift to start at 7:05 AM instead of 7 AM because I'm never here at 7 AM. Telling someone I'm walking out the door? Not gonna happen, 10 to 1 says I forget something and end up piddling around the house for another 10 minutes.

If I want something I find a way to buy it right that minute. Seriously, I just did this today. I wanted a new camcorder... So I did an hours worth of research and used up a gift card and ordered it. Broke my iPhone 3GS (for the second time), gave up on fixing it, instead just went out and bought a new iPhone 4. I'm definitely an impulsive buyer... That's for sure.

I don't care for affection. I've never been one for affection. I think part of this is growing up an only child and my mom smothering me though... But I really don't like cuddling. My fiance always wants to hold my hand and I do it just to make him happy, but if he doesn't grab my hand I won't grab his.

I'm social, but not... By that I mean, I tend to like being around people... As long as it's like 3-5 people at the most... Anymore than that and I clam up and get really quiet. If it's a group of up to 5 I can be really talkative. I usually just stay home and watch movies or play around on the computer, but if we get invited out I'll typically go.

Always thinking about stuff. It seems like my brain doesn't have an off switch. I average anywhere from 4-6 hours of sleep because I have a hard time falling asleep if I don't have something to distract my thoughts. it's really infuriating to watch my fiance lay his head down and fall asleep in 5 minutes flat. He claims its the military in him. You learn real quick any time you get a chance to sleep you take it. And the thoughts are all over the place... Things like what bills do I need to pay, what do I need from the store, wonder what the next homework assignment is gonna be like, is my job really secure, etc...

I seem to change my mind daily. I'm constantly changing my mind about things. Three weeks ago I was going to one school for psychology, this week, I dropped that school and applied to another school for sociology instead. I know that's not a drastic change, but the other majors I've had are computer information systems, architecture, engineering, legal assistant, and then sociology, which turned into psychology and back to sociology.

Always scared of hurting someone's feelings. I try not to sugar coat things, but I can't help it sometimes. I'm always afraid that something I'm going to say is going to upset someone. I joke around a lot, and it can be kinda harsh at times. My mom and a few other people have taken me a little too seriously and been offended by things I've said before.

I don't really care much for traditions. I like to be different. I would rather create my own tradition than follow the norm.

I have a lot of friends, but don't stay in touch... I do have a lot of friends/acquaintances, but I am horrible about keeping in touch with people. I'll go 6 months to a year without talking to some of them. I really only talk to my family, my fiance and his family, and my best friend on a regular basis... And even my best friend I really only talk to about once a month anymore. The rest are all people I consider family... Which, is another trait of mine I guess, family means a lot to me.

Sigh... I am just way too good at manipulating the test to get the results I want... So the tests don't help me figure out my type. I really think I may be ESFP though, not ESFJ. I can relate to some of the traits of the following types: ESFJ, ISFJ, ISFP, ESFP, and a little bit of ENFP. It's just a matter of figuring out the one I relate to the best. :shrug: All right.. Whatever, just gonna toss this out there and see what people think. I'm still getting settled into my new house... So if I can get some quiet time I plan on trying to do the video thingy.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol, I did this for the longest time .. Trying to fight who i was.

I suppose ultimately does it really matter which 4 letters you are, it is not going to change how you perceive yourself and the world.

As you stated the more tests you do, although trying to be completely objective, you know the outcomes to the questions .. The best suggestion i could make is to read the type profiles and see which best fits (and don't look for the 100% fit).

If i read the profiles i relate more to enfj than esfj but the tests so far have come up esfj, isfj, estp, entp, enfp so now i choose xxxx as my type.

Fuck it :D

Good luck in your quest.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks... That's the problem with these tests, once you take them, you figure out how to manipulate them. I just took another one that gave me ISFP. It was a bit different than the typical one... It had a variety of question styles... Not just your average "Are you this or that" style... So I kinda liked it better than the others....

I just constantly try to be different from what I am... And I think that's where all my stress comes from... It's like I desperately want to be a frikkin' J, I just can't do it.

Noon

Really, I have no room to speak because I can't even get my own type properly sorted, but I'll mention these things I do and let's see if they help you any.

First thing I do is start with communication and interaction style. Directing or informing, initiating or responding?

COMMUNICATION:
* Directing communications have a time and task orientation with an implication of urgency to get the task done. "Have your report to me by close of business today."
* Informing communications are designed to enroll the other in the process by providing motivation with relevant information. "Your report is an essential part of our project."

INTERACTION:
* Initiating types are more comfortable with making the first contact and establishing role relationships. They like to engage others in interaction and conversation and are more fast paced.
* Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.

The combinations are written in this thread. Hopefully, that narrows it down to 4 types.

Second, a basic outline of the mental inclinations. It's very similar to the test dichotomies, but if gone too far into the dichotomies, the processes begin to overlap. For instance, S/N isn't just about practicality/possibility. Se, Ne, and Ni all influence a person to read patterns and seek possibilities/opportunities. Someone with Se reads concrete patterns in the environment and easily spots opportunities for action. Combined with Ni (ISPs), such a person can see multiple ways for acting and anticipate multiple outcomes. They will choose the action they predict will yield the strongest effect. Meanwhile, someone with Ne or Ni reads abstract patterns and spots possibility for growth. Someone with Ne searches for more possibilities while someone with Ni often zeroes in on what he deems to be the most effective possibilities. INJ types seem more practical than ENP types because of that, even though stereotypically, they are both labeled 'impractical Ns'.

Third, it helps to then move away from the dichotomy system altogether and explore the processes (esp in tandem). In one theory (that I personally prefer), they are not really behaviors or skills; they are outlooks and worldviews. The Function Attitudes page at the Lenore Thomson Exegesis wiki is a helpful place to start. If you had to choose one and absolutely only one attitude, which would you choose? Which do you feel 'embodies' your dominant outlook on the world? Depending on which you choose, your I/E and P/J will settle itself. Also, if you don't want to choose right away between I/E, S/N, and so on, you can simply choose between the processes: Fi or Fe, Ne or Ni, and so on. Types that prefer Fe are FJs and TPs. Types that prefer Ni are NJs and SPs.

Fourth, you can try mapping your processes to Beebe's archetypes. This page might be of some use.

I apologize if I've repeated anything you already know :hi:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm... More and more I'm starting to see that ISFP makes more sense... And this find was interesting too:

Because of these variant expressions of Feeling judgement, ISFPs are sometimes confused with ESFJs, but keep themselves more aloof, more often concealing the feelings that ESFJs are so apt to expose.

ESFPs express thoughts more readily (and, in the main, skillfully). ISFPs can and do perform admirably in the spotlight, but generally have little to say about the performance. For example, few ISFPs would be disc-jockeys, a field strongly represented by ES_Ps.

Well, that would explain the ESFJ confusion... And I definitely hold my thoughts in, so there is the difference between ISFP and ESFP for me...