• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What am I?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Hm, alright, so abstract in concept, what about in word? Do you like using metaphors and analogies, or are you more about describing the scenery?

Person focused drawings... some may say F with that in mind, but that doesn't seem to really indicate much in the grand scheme of defining someone as F or T. Do you draw people you know? If so, do you draw them how you see them, or do you try to get as accurate as possible with their physical features?

I don't use metaphores and I don't talk about sceneries. I write the way I talk and the stories are pretty character based. All characters are based on real people and people who already exist in fiction (I'll admit it), but I add some things to them that make them seem someone completely different. Sometimes I mix different people and turn them into one new character. I also dramatize a lot. To be honest, my current big story would be a boring whodunnit without the extravagant characters. My previous story would have been a just crappy thriller without the mad characters. They add some absurdity and I think that's my trademark. And with the current story I also do some research on stuff.

The people I draw are most of the time not based on real people. Sometimes they are and most of the time I make charicatures of them in that case. When I was in art class I also used to put people in my works and most of the time that was me. In that case I drew a more simplistic version of me, except the time I drew myself getting eaten by a monster pacman (that didn't mean shit, I just thought it looked awesome). Once we had to draw portraits of models (we just picked some other pupils to draw) and I made pretty realistic portraits of these people only by drawing a few lines. People say I have a good eye for stuff like that.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Depends. If there is an option for pranking, I'll always take it. When it's something bigger and more complicated, I'll give it time so I can plan how to do it.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

xFP at least. I am leaning towards N to be honest. Extraversion, or Introversion I am not sure. That's more something you have to decide.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Well, extroversion/introversion is more about how much outside stimulation you need to function well and I quickly feel understimulated and unentertained, even when I'm at a bar, so that must mean I'm extraverted, even though I'm awefully antisocial (the reason isn't biological, it's because of social trauma and therefore it doesn't count as personality).

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

My vote is towards ExFP. Though now I think you seem to be more action oriented, however that could manifest through your Te, in either ESFP, or ENFP. I think either one of those is suitable.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
According to Dario Nardi (via this):

"Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action" is charateristic of SeTi, and "Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort" is a marker of Ti.

And you play well with the other Ti users. So....

Hello, newest ESTP. It's yer type birthday.:bananallama:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I have a friend who tells me I'm probably ENTP all the time, but she has no clue what she's talking about because she also mixes F up with P and stuff like that. But I don't know either. I'm not that MBTI smart.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
According to Dario Nardi (via this):

"Quickly move to take advantage of immediate options for action" is charateristic of SeTi, and "Apply leverage to a situation to solve a problem impersonally using minimal effort" is a marker of Ti.

And you play well with the other Ti users. So....

Hello, newest ESTP. It's yer type birthday.:bananallama:

Uh oh... now my blog has to get moved! :doh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It probably does, but fwiw I really do think you're Fi. Problem is Kalach has demonstrated he doesn't fucking understand Fi.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
The following are excerpts from ONE type description. But was it ESTP or ESFP? One can check by clicking on the links, but these particular excerpts were chosen as seemingly a good gestalt for the events, determinations and stories in the long and treacherous history of the adventures of Queen Kat as presented thus far. But, are they genuinely descriptive? Sadly, not even the vaunted INTJ imprimatur, "Course: charted!", is enough here. The subject, the object of this discussion herself, has the final say. So....

Is this you?

TYPEs are "doers" who live in the world of action.

They look at the facts of a situation, quickly decide what should be done, execute the action, and move on to the next thing.

However, the TYPE tends to have their own strong belief in what's right and what's wrong, and will doggedly stick to their principles. The Rules of the Establishment may hold little value to the TYPE, but their own integrity mandates that they will not under any circumstances do something which they feel to be wrong.

They're usually very good at story telling and improvising.

They are impatient with theory, and see little use for it in their quest to "get things done".

The TYPE gets bored with classes in which they feel they gain no useful material which can be used to get things done. The TYPE may be brilliantly intelligent, but school will be a difficult chore for them.

TYPEs are practical, observant, fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers with an excellent ability to quickly improvise an innovative solution to a problem. They're enthusiastic and fun to be with, and are great motivators.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
there are two ways looking into art:

Empathy presupposes that the object is, as it were, empty, and seeks to imbue it with life.
The empathizing subject wants to feel his own life in the object; hence the independence of the object and the difference between it and the subject must not be too great.

Abstraction on the other hand, presupposes that the object is alive and active..

and is the opposite of empathizing in other areas also. abstraction projects the persons own feelings onto the object, while empathy kinda seeks feelings from the object that match his own.

empathetic style originates from Fi/Te axis, while abstraction originates from Ti/Fe axis. since its pretty clear that you are an EP, if you can figure out which way do you look into art, you can figure out whether you are T or F.

I have noticed that people tend to usually do the opposite when creating art to when looking at art. person using abstract style would create art that has the feeling of the persons life who created it(but it may not be apparent to people viewing the work, since its usually too abstract projection, that may not make any sense to others). and people with empathizing style would make his work alive and active. but this is just a personal observation, so dont lean on this too much and think about this purely on when looking into art make by other people.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
there are two ways looking into art:

and is the opposite of empathizing in other areas also. abstraction projects the persons own feelings onto the object, while empathy kinda seeks feelings from the object that match his own.

empathetic style originates from Fi/Te axis, while abstraction originates from Ti/Fe axis. since its pretty clear that you are an EP, if you can figure out which way do you look into art, you can figure out whether you are T or F.

I have noticed that people tend to usually do the opposite when creating art to when looking at art. person using abstract style would create art that has the feeling of the persons life who created it(but it may not be apparent to people viewing the work, since its usually too abstract projection, that may not make any sense to others). and people with empathizing style would make his work alive and active. but this is just a personal observation, so dont lean on this too much and think about this purely on when looking into art make by other people.

Why the names "abstract" and "empathy"? Pretty misleading if you ask me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why the names "abstract" and "empathy"? Pretty misleading if you ask me.

empathy is because the person is using empathy on the subject. cba to look the explanation why abstract is called abstract and the explanation of these two styles on jungs book 'psychological types' is about 10 pages long anyways.. but it has alot to do with the fact that abstract style is more keen on abstract art, since he doesent need it to have part of his own life in it

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESFP

One of the things I look at when trying to determine someones type is figuring out if they are Fe vs. Fi. This narrows down the possibilities from 16 to 8 types. I believe you have a Fi preference vs. Fe. I also think you are a Se dom ---> ESFP/ESTP. ESFP have auxilliary Fi, ESTP's have tertiary Fe, hence my conclusion (albeit after only a brief analysis *insert disclaimer legalese*) I'd like to add that Fi is not very emotive, in my opinion, unless they are comfortable, extroversion not withstanding.

P.S. My wife is an ESTP which I figured out after about a year of messing around with MBTI. As soon as we have any discussion involving more than 2 minutes of her time it had better be: a) a discussion about action that is imminent, b) something that highly interests her, or else her eyes quickly glaze over as she gazes at the ships on the horizon. *shakes fist at Se* The Nike commercial "Just Do It" and then "play it by ear" comes to mind.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's see if simple approach works =)

Pick one more like you:

experiencing, trying, scanning for what is

interconnecting, interpreting, focusing on possibilities

Pick the one more like you:

considering importance, clarifying values, deciding something to stand for

categorizing, analyzing how something works, clafiying definitions for precision

I'm sure you can guess what these represent, but a lot of the descriptions out there are more long-winded. Maybe this can help a bit.

Also, you may notice that the impression I am starting with is that you are an ExxP of some sort.