• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Results are here. What's my type?

Santtu's type?

• ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ESTP

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ESTJ

• ENFP

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ENFJ

• ENTP

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • ENTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• INFP

• INFJ

• INTP

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that you're an ENTP... just a sensitive one. ENTP's and INTJ's tend to be more sensitive than INTP's and ENTJ's on average. aelan is an ENTP as well, and she seems to have a similar tendency. I thought your type made sense when you first posted it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Unfortunately there are no words of advice I can offer you. However, read the following article. It will bring some clarity to your situation.

David DeVaughn helps an INFP introvert who "hates" people!

(Despite my username I am in no way related to/affiliated with the author of theintrovertzcoach.com, nevertheless I am a fan of his work.)
Thanks for that link!
I really liked his little articles!
Very insightful.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, the results show that you are probably not ISTP. It's too close to call between INTJ and INTP based on just that test result alone, but taking all your test results into account, I am starting to become pretty certain you are INTP.
Ok, I can see that conclusion (that, too) coming from all of this. Thanks for your input :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I wonder if the confusion between I/E has something to do with your nationality? For some reason you lot are an extraordinarily introverted bunch. :p
Well, I'm certainly among the most talkative persons anywhere I go to.. but I don't search these talking situations all the time. Sometimes I don't talk to anyone in few days (as I've said, I've worked from home).

I usually consider it almost celebration to meet someone and to have a chance to chat. I certainly don't meet people too much, I rather stay home doing something that I should (or wishing that I could). Usually I save it for the weekend to meet most of my friends.

I tend to relax the atmosphere in any I'm invited to, and I know to be a valued guest. If my friends are to be trusted, compared to others I'm cool, entertaining, funny, crazy, good dinner company and among their best friends.

I search situations that make use of interaction, conversation, talking, giving speeches / presentations and other E skills. It's easy and fun way to spend time and to use my best abilities to make a good job. Yes, I have the gift for gab.

It's one of this site's main attractions points for me btw that I can reveal my inner calculator here and talk the way I couldn't talk in real life. (But) We don't talk in here, we write - talking engages my Ne, Fe and Se, writing my Ti, Fi, Ne, Ni. Or so I guess. Some feelings just don't come available to me by reading and writing. It's not immediate.. I write easily, but I'm most immediate when talking. That's my arena.

I don't know if this clears up or confuses more.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
FWIW, you sound like an ENTP, borderline E/I, to me. And :yes: to Athenian, that we sound alike. Come across rather F/sensitive to others, pacifist.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, then why don't I search for talking situations any more? Well, I'm trying to strive forward in my life, and this is not the life situation that I would spend hanging around with my friends all the time. They're not there forever, but I'm going to be with myself as long as I exist.

Meeting people isn't productive time if overused. It doesn't refresh if I don't have new things to share. I don't have hobbies such as playing an instrument in a band that would rely on others. I'm independent enough so that I can't translate everyday decisions to something I would need advice for. I don't need others to live. Others come to me for advice as opposed to the other way, with ratio of 5:1 or so.

Later when I've established myself financially, I'll be more than happy to spend more time socially, as I don't have to worry about the time being nice but unproductive. Time with people is surely a luxury I love, but don't feel like being able to afford that much.

Then, there's the trouble of moving my butt to somewhere else. I'm lazy enough not to want to do it most of the time.

Finally, it's been my habit to see friends in a restaurant or a bar, tho I've cut that down as it becomes somewhat costly when done daily. I haven't invented workable replacements, which has lessened my meetings with friends who don't run, swim or work out.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
FWIW, you sound like an ENTP, borderline E/I, to me. And :yes: to Athenian, that we sound alike. Come across rather F/sensitive to others, pacifist.
Ok.. Thanks Aelan! I think you've got something there, knowing you got the same type you're suggesting for me.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Thanks for that link!
I really liked his little articles!
Very insightful.

The introvertzcoach.com is a very interesting website. I particularly like the articles section (as opposed to the skimpy personality profiles section).

If I come across any new articles/websites I will be sure to post them.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really wouldn't put my faith in that cognitive processes site. As I've said repeatedly, there are six questions for each function. It's not always the most useful way of determining your type.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
My experience is that the dominant intuition from ENTPs (and probably ENFPs, too) manifests itself very differently from the dominant thinking of INTPs. IMO it's probably better to distinguish between the two on this basis, since ENTPs can appear deceptively introverted.

If I may be allowed to speculate for a moment, it seems that INTPs possess their understanding of the universe in a massive, interconnecting web of ideas inside their head; and each new theory they come upon is integrated piece by piece in terms of logical relation to all their other understandings. When they have to solve a problem, they seem to first attempt to reduce the problem into something one of their theories can already explain -- if not, they get creative. But in any case, they appear to be much more willing to sift through the sands and pick through grain by grain than other types.

Extroverted intuition (for me, anyway) is far more chaotic and uncontrollable. My brain is always on, the gears spinning on overdrive, bombarding me with new ideas and thoughts -- and if I so much as try to shut it up, it just seems to keep working unconsciously. It's as if that idea-generating part of my brain has a mind of its own, and seems to work completely outside of my control. I often get ideas before I think of them, if that makes any sense. In fact, when I have to solve a problem it usually turns into a battle between me and my brain: there's me, frantically trying to sort through all the (sometimes nonsensical) ideas to follow-up on; and my brain, who's vomiting up volumes of these possible solutions and generating them in ways that are completely mysterious to me. The finely-tuned web of ideas that INTPs have is much less present for me.

I assume it's similar for ENFPs, too -- and probably INTJs, but the nature of Ni is a little beyond me.

Does that help at all?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
When they (INTP) have to solve a problem, they seem to first attempt to reduce the problem into something one of their theories can already explain -- if not, they get creative. But in any case, they appear to be much more willing to sift through the sands and pick through grain by grain than other types.

--

Extroverted intuition (for me, anyway) is far more chaotic and uncontrollable. My brain is always on, the gears spinning on overdrive, bombarding me with new ideas and thoughts -- and if I so much as try to shut it up, it just seems to keep working unconsciously. It's as if that idea-generating part of my brain has a mind of its own, and seems to work completely outside of my control.

Does that help at all?

Thank you and welcome to the forum nemo :) Yes it helps, I recognize being more under a bombardment of new ideas than seeing how everything connects to a theory. I have both, but more of the Ne kind I see.

I missed my normal all-the-time thinking process in that cognitiveprocesses test, I now realize.. I'm always getting ideas, so I don't usually think anything of it. I was concentrating on efforts of thinking for that test (as it was the approach the test used).

Actually, I've sometimes thought the flow of ideas was a distraction in the past ;) But that's just been poor attention span for me that time.

Yep, I'm able to see my Ne thinking much better now. Thanks!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My experience is that the dominant intuition from ENTPs (and probably ENFPs, too) manifests itself very differently from the dominant thinking of INTPs. IMO it's probably better to distinguish between the two on this basis, since ENTPs can appear deceptively introverted.

If I may be allowed to speculate for a moment, it seems that INTPs possess their understanding of the universe in a massive, interconnecting web of ideas inside their head; and each new theory they come upon is integrated piece by piece in terms of logical relation to all their other understandings. When they have to solve a problem, they seem to first attempt to reduce the problem into something one of their theories can already explain -- if not, they get creative. But in any case, they appear to be much more willing to sift through the sands and pick through grain by grain than other types.

Extroverted intuition (for me, anyway) is far more chaotic and uncontrollable. My brain is always on, the gears spinning on overdrive, bombarding me with new ideas and thoughts -- and if I so much as try to shut it up, it just seems to keep working unconsciously. It's as if that idea-generating part of my brain has a mind of its own, and seems to work completely outside of my control. I often get ideas before I think of them, if that makes any sense. In fact, when I have to solve a problem it usually turns into a battle between me and my brain: there's me, frantically trying to sort through all the (sometimes nonsensical) ideas to follow-up on; and my brain, who's vomiting up volumes of these possible solutions and generating them in ways that are completely mysterious to me. The finely-tuned web of ideas that INTPs have is much less present for me.

I assume it's similar for ENFPs, too -- and probably INTJs, but the nature of Ni is a little beyond me.

Does that help at all?
That description of how the INTP thinks is excellent. The "grain picking" you described is so t-e-d-i-o-u-s to me. That is the thing that can cause my interactions with INTPs to be unpleasant in my estimation.
Just give me the BOTTOM LINE! :nerd:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok I'll have to see I'm ENTP right now, and have been for years. This is the factual starting point, to which I'll add modifiers.

I'm close to border on all dichotomies. Testing procedures are consistent enough that this doesn't show on T and P, which always score as such, but with the variation of E/I and S/N, I sometimes get other types as a result.

My F and S functional scores are practically at the same level, not far from T. On the surface, this might give rise to suspicion of ENFP. Answer between F/T can be decided by seeing how my functions developed.

I was mostly emotional to a normal level as a child, tho I had bouts of anger at one short period. I had notably unemotional, thinking-centered part of life in my late teens, and I'll have to say my emotions were underdeveloped. On the other hand, I made my first computer program at the age of 6 and I programmed nonlinear 3d computer graphics texturing algorithms in 80x86 assembler by the age 15, signifying a higher than normal development of thinking by that time.

I had a bout of wild night-time life, popularity seeking (and successful gaining) in my 22's-27's, something I was particularly interested and successful in probably due to my development of Fe at that time. I used Fe kind of skills out of novelty and because of the new experiences and acceptance they could bring me. It's probably this what increased my F scores at the time, and I had Fe higher than Fi.

My current higher Fi and lower Fe doesn't fit the standard model of ENTP. Yet this is probably result of abnormal events, something which will balance out during time.

With everything balanced, my functions have assumed near normal long-time level. So my results probably reflect my long-time self, tho there's always going to be non-repeatable, unique events and learnings in life that will alter the score.

With so many scores near the border, my type result will probably fluctuate according to my future projects and how I exercise the different functions in them. I should not probably pay too much attention to changing personality types by then, at least if I were to change my behavior according to the results.

The continuity of personality is carried by me, but personality theory presents discontinuous types. This is the nature of the theory, but I'll just know then that the personality stays more level than the results. Sometimes I'll be able to understand myself better by looking at my type, sometimes not. In the latter cases, I'll just look for what's meaningful, interesting, purposeful and real in my life and what I want. As long as my processes in the real world are ok and I have a sense of self, personality type will follow ;)

Votes are still being accepted till end of sunday.

Thank you everyone for helping to figure out my type!

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I value N for seeing behind anything that's plain and obvious. I use it for daydreaming, but more for making something practical to happen. Still, I'm not obsessed with practical, demanding to do something immediately practical all the time. I have a very long attention span to seeing my plans come true. Still, in the end, I want it to be practical in the end.. either in the old way of practical (down-to-earth) or in the modern way of practical (something fancyful or theoretical). But in any case, I have established that there will be some people actually appreciating what I do, and I can present the result of my work as something real, so it doesn't stay in my imagination.

It's just that.. it's so hard to distinguish between the two, it's hard to say where in the continuum of obviously practical and resourcefully practical the S changes to N. Say some new programming language interpreter. Most people don't think it's something practical for their lives, but what can be evaluated by public opinion? For other people, programming language interpreter is very real, practical, everyday thing. Considering what the programming language interpreter does would be a practical, down-to-earth thing to do. I mean, it wouldn't be like telling that the moon men are coming to earth, we better wear our tinfoil hats. I mean that can't I be a modern educated information worker without being an N. These modern things are everywhere.. they've revolutionized our world.

This is an Intuiter speaking.

The problem lies in the quality of the tests, and how you interpret each question. I get ESTJ because I value practicality, earthiness and groundedness, and because I don't like theoretical bullshit. So, someone tell me how an Intuiter couldn't also value and dislike the same things. They easily can. It's all down to badly designed questions that aim for the wrong thing.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is an Intuiter speaking.

The problem lies in the quality of the tests, and how you interpret each question. I get ESTJ because I value practicality, earthiness and groundedness, and because I don't like theoretical bullshit. So, someone tell me how an Intuiter couldn't also value and dislike the same things. They easily can. It's all down to badly designed questions that aim for the wrong thing.
Ok, I guess so.

It would be a bad test question indeed to ask whether the respondent prefers useful or useless things.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Can't end this vote anymore

but the results before my vote where
1 ESTP
1 ENFP
2 INTP
1 INTJ
6 ENTP
and 7th ENTP vote from me. Seems the poll should have been made with a closing time in the first place, but it's as good as closed for me :)