• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFP or ESFJ?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Right, so today I returned to work after attending a training course for a week (plus a few vacation days thow-in for good measure) and had a disturbing epiphany, I might have a very strong J tendency. This is disturbing becuase that would make me a Guardian, my least favorite of all types.

Any thoughts? And no, I'm not asking becuase I want attention. I want clarification! :tongue10:

redacted

Right, so today I returned to work after attending a training course for a week (plus a few vacation days thow-in for good measure) and had a disturbing epiphany, I might have a very strong J tendency. This is disturbing becuase that would make me a Guardian, my least favorite of all types.

Any thoughts? And no, I'm not asking becuase I want attention. I want clarification! :tongue10:

Se/Fi or Fe/Si

you seem way more Se/Fi. way more.

forget all that need for closure stuff. it's bs.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Se/Fi or Fe/Si

you seem way more Se/Fi. way more.

forget all that need for closure stuff. it's bs.

Perhaps. However, it's not closure that concerns me but rather my incessant need to write down every task I need to accomplish and not being happy until those tasks are accomplished. Also please consider the following:

- I become very uptight when I am late for an appointment.
- (This prompted the epiphany) I planned this whole week before I went to training a week and a half ago.
- Being responsible has always been a great source of pride for me.

As always I will not criticize your suggestions. So let'em rip.

redacted

Perhaps. However, it's not closure that concerns me but rather my incessant need to write down every task I need to accomplish and not being happy until those tasks are accomplished. Also please consider the following:

- (This prompted the epiphany) I planned this whole week before I went to training a week and a half ago.

hmm. well i'm wondering why you kept saying you don't think about the future then.

maybe you're ESFP with strong Te?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
hmm. well i'm wondering why you kept saying you don't think about the future then.

maybe you're ESFP with strong Te?

Allow me to clarify. I don't think about the future in the abstract. For example: what will life be like in 350 years?

However, I do carefully consider the consequences of most of my actions. For example at work today I essentially had to decide between upsetting my current boss or upsetting a potential future boss. I chose to upset my current boss.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP

Maybe it would make sense to let some of this settle in your mind. Give yourself a chance to reflect on types and their tendencies and preferences.

Have you developed an understanding of type theory eg the dominant, auxiliary function... read a book like "please understand me"?

-Geoff

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Maybe it would make sense to let some of this settle in your mind. Give yourself a chance to reflect on types and their tendencies and preferences.

Have you developed an understanding of type theory eg the dominant, auxiliary function... read a book like "please understand me"?

-Geoff

MBTI has been a hobby of mine for at least two or three years and although I have not read an actual book on the subject I have read through almost every site I could find on the subject (Keirsey, Personality Pages, Personality Pathways, MyPersonality.info, MyersBriggs, Linda Berens, INFJ vs. INFP, etc.).

See, one of the reasons I joined this site was I could see myself in all of the types. Although apparently this is a common occurrence.

Please understand, and this is not meant as an affront to this incredible forum and its members, I love this stuff but it is only a hobby.

One of the members hit the nail square on the head when he or she said (might have been Aelan) that I like engaging others. And I do but I also like entertaining possibilities. Hence my many threads regarding my type.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
JustDave, somehow you strike me as an ESTP. :yes:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

hmmm... definitley more Jish than I am! :laugh:

I don't care if I'm late for appointments- when I arrive, I arrive- and that's all that matters

I never ever plan ahead for anything more than how I will get the money necissary to pay for gas and food

I am not responsible- and therefore don't pride myself on that! ;)

Those sort of things sound a lot more like my SJ relatives :yes:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
hmmm... definitely more Jish than I am! :laugh:

I don't care if I'm late for appointments- when I arrive, I arrive- and that's all that matters

I never ever plan ahead for anything more than how I will get the money necessary to pay for gas and food

I am not responsible- and therefore don't pride myself on that! ;)

Those sort of things sound a lot more like my SJ relatives :yes:

It's beyond me how, but today when I was troubleshooting a problem at work aI realized that I don't care if people think I'm boring or ugly or a bad dresser but call me lazy, dumb or irresponsible and get very angry, very quickly.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:nono: NOBODY calls me boring or ugly! (I might agree with bad dressers sometimes! ;) )

Lazy or irresponsible, sure! :yes: I'll be quite agreeable with that one sometimes! :laugh:

(NOT dumb- I've been assumed to be an idiot all too frequently in my life :tongue:)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
:nono: NOBODY calls me boring or ugly! (I might agree with bad dressers sometimes! ;) )

Lazy or irresponsible, sure! :yes: I'll be quite agreeable with that one sometimes! :laugh:

(NOT dumb- I've been assumed to be an idiot all too frequently in my life :tongue:)

I agree, your black and brown fur looks magnificent. :D

Regarding the boring and ugly, it's worth mentioning that Jupiter's rings could fit snugly around my ego.

Last edited:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
One more piece of my personality I should toss in for consideration.

Regarding religious beliefs, I'm not an atheist yet I don't believe in the concept of a personal god. There might be something greater than us but I doubt it's an old man with a white beard who wears a rob and answers prayers all day.

Sorry I probably shouldn't have held out on that one.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
One more piece of my personality I should toss in for consideration.

Regarding religious beliefs, I'm not an atheist yet I don't believe in the concept of a personal god. There might be something greater than us but I doubt it's an old man with a white beard who wears a rob and answers prayers all day.

Sorry I probably shouldn't have held out on that one.

Are you certain you aren't ESTP? I mean, who else has a dog avatar?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

TheBeatGoesOn had a dog avatar for a good while- and he's an ISTJ ;)

Your answers to the STP survey sounded rather Jish to me- read these two for a typical STP response! :)

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/3431-stp-survey-humor-me-wouldja.html#post108633

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/3431-stp-survey-humor-me-wouldja-2.html#post109253

(plus- I'm considering changing my avatar! :laugh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Now, now as an NF you should know better than to pigeon hole someone based on something as superficial as their avatar.

Nevertheless, good point.

Last edited:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
TheBeatGoesOn had a dog avatar for a good while- and he's an ISTJ ;)

Your answers to the STP survey sounded rather Jish to me- read these two for a typical STP response! :)

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/3431-stp-survey-humor-me-wouldja.html#post108633

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/3431-stp-survey-humor-me-wouldja-2.html#post109253

(plus- I'm considering changing my avatar! :laugh:

Wow, you certainly are visceral. I've done my fair of crazy stuff but there was always some calculation behind it.

she who giveth it can taketh away. Or something to that effect ...

When asked who reminded me most of myself I said it was you. Thus concluding that I couldn't possibly be a Intuitive but after reading your answers I am not certain anymore.

I'm as brash, bold and as life loving as the next dog :devil: but I seldom do things without some thought of consequences. And when things turn bad I pull back and then, after careful consideration, explode outward like a supernova (pardon the trite expression).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sooo.... made up your mind? :whistling:

Beware of identifying with ESTPs- we are MUCH more evil than you may immediatly think! :devil: Se means in touch with your surroundings- and for some of us a bit much :laugh: