• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type my colleague!

What type is she?

• ESTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESFJ

• ISFJ

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ESFP

• ISFP

• ENTJ

• INTJ

• ENTP

• INTP

• ENFP

• INFP

• Total voters

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm curious and just a bit interested. We get along well, so it would be good to know what she is. Of course I'm limited by my own observation and discussion, but what the hell:

1. Highly perceptive.

- Keen observer, but only of things of interest
- Otherwise, completely oblivious of surroundings
- If interested, however, senses are somehow overly sensitive in a way that things are noticed that others don't perceive. (overly acute hearing, sight, etc.)
- Can instinctively know or discover exactly what our clients want and need
- Is open to their input and desires.
- Doesn't just think about self. Considers others and other people's input.

2. Extremely hard working, with an excellent work ethic; interesting teaching style

- Nearly always punctual (except when outside circumstances prevent)
- High standards for self, but is patient with customers
- Extremely perfectionistic, even if the task doesn't necessarily warrant such perfection
- Not happy until the task is completed exactly according to these standards.
- Is however less strict on the clients, of course
- Prepares interesting, varied activities. Not always creative in a fluffy way, but effective at bringing the message across.
- As a nice change of pace, every once in a while brings in more kinesthetic/creative stuff.
- That isn't a strong point, though;
- Often doesn't consider this aspect.
- Perhaps because is more static or theoretical.
- But when such things are suggested, they are gladly adopted.
- If the lesson can be improved in some way, is open.
- Doesn't think only her way is the right way
- Always welcomes ways to improve teaching methods/strategy.
- Very goal-oriented. Evaluates performance based on development of the students as well as some kind of evaluation (objective/subjective)
- Style: a great deal of emphasis on auditory/speaking as well as visual presentations
- Encourages people to interact with each other in small groups, partners, or larger groups

3. Has an internal reward/punishment system
- If people meet standards, they are rewarded/considered 'good people'
- If people prove to be amoral/lazy/deviant in some way, door slam, no turning back

4. If her standards (e.g. truthfulness, honesty, diligence, etc.) are not somehow respected or reciprocated over time, gets frustrated/angry
- If it persists, the person actually shifts behavior to match received behavior. (mirror environment)

5. Can find excellent ways to improve effectiveness, efficiency in the areas that are her specialty.

6. Constantly researches to find new, improved ways of doing specialty areas. People often go to her and ask for ways to solve certain problems.

7. Unfortunately, is completely inept sometimes at things not included in the specialty or related fields (that is to say, fields that prove useful/interesting). So knowledge is great for the sake of knowledge or even improving effectiveness or to have some kind of benefit (tangible or otherwise) BUT is not just interested in ANYTHING. In fact, ignores things that are not of interest, even if she is okay at them.

8. However, has the gift of relating apparently unrelated fields in a meaningful way to convey the message better.

9. Has an interesting internal system

- Think of it as a framework.
- There are base pillars that never change.
- However these pillars are connected by malleable networking that are flexible and can change according to the situation/environment.
- These connections vary according to the client and ability.
- However, the base pillars (internal value system, basic learning tactics) remain constant.

10. Often invests too much time in something to make it perfect, sometimes to the detriment of a healthy sleeping pattern, etc. (long hours, etc.)

- Gets lost in the work (forgets to drink enough water, eat regularly, etc.)

11. Needs a functioning environment that mirrors the internal value system. If that is not the case, the person can turn cynical, grumpy, or even go against their own core values. (interesting phenomenon, I think).

12. If consistently bad behavior is shown, the person is shown the door. (Not clients, but business partners). Partners need to mirror the internal value system, or they are discarded, as it has no long-term perspective/potential. Unless they are useful, and only as long as they are useful.

13. Has a great ability to plan, organize, and think long-term and in the long-term interests of all parties, assuming that a basic platform of respect is in place.

14. Has the ability to make cold, rational decisions (scares me sometimes, because she is usually open, kind, polite, and you wouldn't expect it) as well as empathic abilities (probably learned, I guess, she said that it didn't always come naturally to her).

15. Has developed the ability to extravert over time (or at least come out of herself). Needs a lot of time alone. However needs to be around people. An ambivert, I'll guess.

Any other questions, let me know.

I appreciate your help.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
maybe NFJ?

i don't have any questions specifically but maybe if you come up with some immediate reasons why probably not NFJ, i would be curious to hear them :yes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had seriously considered NFJ...or at least FJ/SJ...but then there's that heavy, heavy thinking element once in a while that threw me off. But maybe I'm interpreting things wrong.

I'm not the best typist.

So that's why I wanted to get some outside input.

Thanks a lot! :)

I wonder where this need to organize, structure, and make these really dispassionate decisions comes from? And this intense perfectionism....

It's like she can be so feeling, emotional, and passionate. I don't want to say she can 'switch it off,' because that would sound manipulative. I don't think she even wants to, really. But she just can make very cool, calculated, or dispassionate decisions sometimes that makes me go :shock:.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could be INFJ, at least that was my first spontaneous reaction while reading through the post.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had seriously considered NFJ...or at least FJ/SJ...but then there's that heavy, heavy thinking element once in a while that threw me off. But maybe I'm interpreting things wrong.

I'm not the best typist.

So that's why I wanted to get some outside input.

Thanks a lot! :)

I wonder where this need to organize, structure, and make these really dispassionate decisions comes from? And this intense perfectionism....

It's like she can be so feeling, emotional, and passionate. I don't want to say she can 'switch it off,' because that would sound manipulative. I don't think she even wants to, really. But she just can make very cool, calculated, or dispassionate decisions sometimes that makes me go :shock:.

strong Ti, possibly. which would suggest INFJ over ENFJ, as would her not being super social.

Fe is so curious to me. it's like Te, in that it changes with environment. whereas Ti and Fi stay deep-rooted and steady. so i can watch an FJ go from warm loving doting Fe with one person and suddenly project "get the fuck away from me" with astounding clarity. NFJ especially, SFJs seem less intense about it.

your description just reminded me in little bits and pieces of an NFJ friend of mine, enough to see an overall correlation. she sounds pretty Ni.