• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I agree. Prolly not an F. I'll give you the politician test just to be sure.

Tell me what type you think the following people are, and how you feel about each.

Hilliary Clinton
George W. Bush
Al Gore.
Dick Cheney

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I agree. Prolly not an F. I'll give you the politician test just to be sure.

Tell me what type you think the following people are, and how you feel about each.

Hilliary Clinton
George W. Bush
Al Gore.
Dick Cheney

Hillary Clinton - Cold but tough, I like her, INTJ.

George Bush - IMHO he's reckless, if he weren't the President he'd might be alright. Have no idea what his type might be. Maybe an ISTP?

Al Gore - Booring, and whiny. ENFX?

Dick Cheney - Ahh, my least favorite of all. ISTJ.

If had to pick a favorite president it would be Teddy Roosevelt. Any prez that swims across the Potomac naked is awesome!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not very critical of myself except when it's concerning something I should be good at. For example I recently replaced the horn on my car and during the process i dropped the wrench about half a dozen times. That annoyed me greatly as i am usually well co-ordinated.

I'm not much of a perfectionist as (this probably sounds silly) i feel perfectionism ruins some of the magic.
From what you have said here, you probably are NOT an INTJ or INFJ after all, in my opinion.

As of right now, I'm thinking you're either an ESTP or an ESFP based on how you started the thread.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
it's so easy to get the results on tests that you want to get. you can't fully trust tests.

can you please post your scores (ALL 8 functions) on the cognitiveprocesses test? i know gabe doesn't like it, but i think it's probably the best test on the internet. it's quite flawed, sure, but at least it will give us somewhere to start.

also, check out Terms With Nonobvious Meanings

look at Se and Ti for ESTP, or Fi/Ne for xNFP, or Ni/Te for INTJ, etc.

I can definitely relate to Se. Although my reflexes are horrendous, my dexterity and overall coordination are excellent.

I love examples so here's one for you:

Last spring I bought my first boat. By the end of the summer people were complementing my docking skills. Most couldn't believe that I was new to boating.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
From what you have said here, you probably are NOT an INTJ or INFJ after all, in my opinion.

As of right now, I'm thinking you're either an ESTP or an ESFP.

Yeah, I was very confused. I sure and glad i joined this forum. Its only been two days, but what a great two days it has been!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm... I've always associated quick reflexes with Se, personally- I've always had REALLY good reflexes! :)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
hmmm... I've always associated quick reflexes with Se, personally- I've always had REALLY good reflexes! :)

My best friend, who I am certain is an ESTP, has lightning fast reflexes.

Mine have always been slow, which could be due to my bad eyesight. Otherwise my motor skills are quite good.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I think there's some correlation between enneagram and MBTI. So I am going to find a test, take it and post the results.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I think there's some correlation between enneagram and MBTI. So I am going to find a test, take it and post the results.

According to similarminds (second Google hit) I am a type 3 with a Sexual variant.

Since someone is bound to ask ... :harhar:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 18%
Type 5 Detachment |||||| 26%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||| 22%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 62%

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you would wish to ask the pronking sponge to interpret this for you best- I've always thought of 3s as more Jish- I'm an ESTP 7w8

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Magic Porferian is GOOD with enneagram questions! (sorry- reference to his Custom title there :blush:)

also a note- my ESFP sis is a 7w6 :)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Magic Porferian is GOOD with enneagram questions! (sorry- reference to his Custom title there :blush:)

also a note- my ESFP sis is a 7w6 :)

The one thing I am certain of is there's no way I am an SJ. Why? Because everything thoses types are supposed to like (tradition, order, continuity, discipline, etc) i hate or find painfully boring.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
*lol*. Are you getting any sleep?

Actually, is there a need to have a type that clearly? Why not just enjoy the process?

From your 161 posts so far, what I read is this:

1. Your perceptions are more surface than intuitive. You're taking the posts at surface more so than an N will. I'm not sure how many Ns' here were yodelling into the computer that, "don't you get what I mean!" at some of your responses. :D

2. Also, you react to jokes with a more S style response - Merkw's grammar Nazi act saw you scrambling your letters on purpose. An N would've preferred a wordplay response.

3. You've a sharp sense of people, what makes them tick, and you choose to avoid conflict deliberately but continue your merry way all the same. I've a feeling you're sticking your tongue out and laughing at some of the respondents. :D

4. You're unsure about some things in your life right now, escaping something.

5. You're not very detail-oriented. You'd said somewhere you were reading posts for about a year, but the board hasn't been around that long.

6. You may (say you) approach love cautiously, but I think you approach relationships rather easily. You've a way of drawing people to you that's highly entertaining to watch. Sort of like an injured winged bird act? :D

7. You like attention. You're manipulative, but not with an ill-intent that's Machiavellian.

8. You're seeking, yes. But not really for the goal, isn't it? More for the engagement?

What's true/not?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
*lol*. Are you getting any sleep?

Actually, is there a need to have a type that clearly? Why not just enjoy the process?

From your 161 posts so far, what I read is this:

1. Your perceptions are more surface than intuitive. You're taking the posts at surface more so than an N will. I'm not sure how many Ns' here were yodelling into the computer that, "don't you get what I mean!" at some of your responses. :D

2. Also, you react to jokes with a more S style response - Merkw's grammar Nazi act saw you scrambling your letters on purpose. An N would've preferred a wordplay response.

3. You've a sharp sense of people, what makes them tick, and you choose to avoid conflict deliberately but continue your merry way all the same. I've a feeling you're sticking your tongue out and laughing at some of the respondents. :D

4. You're unsure about some things in your life right now, escaping something.

5. You're not very detail-oriented. You'd said somewhere you were reading posts for about a year, but the board hasn't been around that long.

6. You may (say you) approach love cautiously, but I think you approach relationships rather easily. You've a way of drawing people to you that's highly entertaining to watch. Sort of like an injured winged bird act? :D

7. You like attention. You're manipulative, but not with an ill-intent that's Machiavellian.

8. You're seeking, yes. But not really for the goal, isn't it? More for the engagement?

What's true/not?

Damn, you are good! My answers are yes to all especially points 2,3,6,7,8.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sounds like an ESFP then- almost a perfect description of my sister ;)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't figure out how you truly believed you were INFJ/INTJ for so many years!!! :shock:

Regardless, welcome. I think you're our first ESFP??!! (if, in fact, you are...I imagine there's still room for debate! Esp. since you've done a full 180 in the past 24 hours!!). I will say, though, that in your rather impressive 164 posts, you've had a lot of one-line answers...which is atypical of INFJ for sure - I guess for most of the INxx types)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh: I don't know about that- my sister could kick anyone's ass (except for mine) the difference is that she might feel slightly bad about it afterwords if they didn't really have it coming, and I would still be gloating about my awesome abilities.