• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTP?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Dave, if you participated more in other threads, it could give a better grasp. Right now we're mainly shooting in the dark actually.

Re manipulation, there's a certain sense that you're seeking attention, - Kiddo reads this as manipulation. I read this as an underlying anxiety to be liked. To escape and find validation, in other words.

If you'd take my honesty, if you'd relax a bit more, it'd allow your real character to come out. One thing the members here do not like is being manipulated, but they're generally more forgiving of folks wanting to work out internal issues if you'd face up to them.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely.

alicia91

So I decided to exhibit what I thought were the complete opposite of my true traits which were: insecurity, irrational, careless, unnecessarily ingratiating, etc and see what conclusion would be made. When the conclusion that I was an ESFP was made I decided to play the role and see if it fit me.

I wouldn't say that doing this is manipulative - I'm taking it that you were sort of 'trying it on for size' seeing how it felt - yes? I did that with ISTJ and ISFJ and after living the part for a few weeks I could just tell that 'no, this isn't me.'

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I wouldn't say that doing this is manipulative - I'm taking it that you were sort of 'trying it on for size' seeing how it felt - yes? I did that with ISTJ and ISFJ and after living the part for a few weeks I could just tell that 'no, this isn't me.'

That is correct. I figured I would give it a go and play the part. Perhaps it would be a good fit?