• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This is just beginning to get on my nerves...

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Athenian, this is more of a hypothetical situation setup. Frequently, how someone reacts in a stress scenario, tells more about their type than their answers to direct questions per se. I was trying to figure out how he approached the problem, and the processes he relies upon to come to a decision.

fyi, this was a real interview question I had. :D

Edit:
That could account for some of our differences, too, since I am social.

I got self-preservation first, so I'm a little wary of the E test.

You could be borderline INTJ. But you've always read more INTJ to me somehow. Based on your response to the tribesman setup too actually.

How'd you describe your sense of humour?

MerkW

Well, you see, my answer to that question largely depends on how much of a friend this person is. Could you please specify?

@Uber: Yes, I am well aware of this. If you take note of my signature, you will see ILI-Ni written down. I am relatively confident that I am a socionics INTp, yet some dispute this.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Sorry. I meant to put this one. :jesus:

...or perhaps...
evil2.gif

Now those I agree with! Both used strategic inelligence to implement their visions. But this probably isn't the correct place for this discussion ...

MerkW

You could be borderline INTJ. But you've always read more INTJ to me somehow. Based on your response to the tribesman setup too actually.

How'd you describe your sense of humour?

On enneagram tests, I usually score either sx/sp or sp/sx. My sense of humor is rather morbid, absurdist, and often with a tinge of satire.

I have nothing wrong with being typed as INTJ, yet here are some things that would seemingly go better with INTP:

* According to some, Js are left-brained and Ps right-brained.
* I really seek no application whatsoever in my studies. I am into purely abstract things (such as pure mathematics) with little connection to physical reality. This, however, could be uber-Ni.
* Of lesser importance, I am RATHER messy. But this is very unimportant.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I got self-preservation first, so I'm a little wary of the E test.

I made this decision based on reading the descriptions, not taking the test. Although, I'm a major noob to the whole thing and could be off.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
On enneagram tests, I usually score either sx/sp or sp/sx. My sense of humor is rather morbid, absurdist, and often with a tinge of satire.

I have nothing wrong with being typed as INTJ, yet here are some things that would seemingly go better with INTP:

* I really seek no application whatsoever in my studies. I am into purely abstract things (such as pure mathematics) with little connection to physical reality. This, however, could be uber-Ni.

Certainly Ni however INTJs seem to be more driven to implement changes/improvements than simply speculate about them.

I agree with the messy statement. If you were an INTJ (not to imply that you aren't) and there were a logical reason to be neat then you would be neat. Otherwise neatness offers little ROI and thus is a waste of precious energy.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you don't fit well with INTJ or INTP but resemble both, maybe you're an ISTP :devil:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian, this is more of a hypothetical situation setup. Frequently, how someone reacts in a stress scenario, tells more about their type than their answers to direct questions per se. I was trying to figure out how he approached the problem, and the processes he relies upon to come to a decision.

Oh, that's actually a good idea. I think I did that once with my understanding of certain functions. I was trying to figure out Fi vs. Fe or Si vs. Se, I think. I'm surprised I didn't recognize it.

Out of curiosity, what did my dialog indicate?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP

If we assume a good friend. But I'd rather prefer to take your first answer, as I'm serious that most INTPs wouldn't even answer to start with. :D

Any whimsy to your humour? INTPs have a sense of whimsy. That's due to Ne being allowed room to play.

Strange on the messiness. But how messy is your messy though. If you recall the thread on how does your house/living area look like, while you may not be as zen as Wolf's, but are you anywhere near Santtu's stage? :devil: That's a real P.

The lack of application could just be because you've not found something that really interests you though, and is not indicative of a type. If anything, I'd be interested to hear your motivations for choosing to continue doing something you have no interest in - perhaps that'd shed more light.

I'm not certain where the left and right brained thing comes from and if there's a real correlation.

Athenian. my take on yours:
I can't imagine anyone choosing the first option. You'd almost have to go with packing up and flying out.

Here's the dialog I imagine:

Me: Ahh! What was that! (responding to the car bump)
Them: I-I just hit someone!
Me: Oh my god! (gets out of the car and checks)
Me: It was a native. But do you realize how much trouble we'd be in right now if this had been a civilized person? We'd be stuck here in court, or possibly even prison. This is why you don't drink and drive, okay? Goodness, I can't believe you were so stupid!
Them: Well, what are we going to do now?
Me: What do you think? We're going to get the heck out of here before someone sees us. We'll pull the body over to the side of the road and try to make it look like he just collapsed for some reason. They probably won't know what did this as primitive as they are, and they're not likely to appeal to the larger legal system if they don't know an outsider caused this.
Them: I'm sorry about this.
Me: Yeah, me too. I just hope you understand what a terrible thing you've done and what could have happened to you, how much stress you're causing me, and that that's sufficient motivation to get you to stop drinking like this. Sigh. Let's just get out of here.
*drive off*

You show a similar evaluation of consequences right off the bat, but your way of bending the system is using what you understand of how people will react - there's your difference with Merkw - he worked with the system.

Your focus when you reprimand your friend is values-based as well vs principles-based.

I'm curious as your stress-point is due to the fact that the order was broken though.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Instead of taking them as a whole, Merkw, you could look at the J/P dichotomy. What do the tests say in terms of J/P? Which do you use more often?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Your first impressions of INTPc and INTJf, respectively, should provide a clue to your type.

Personally, I originally went :huh: at the non-purposiveness of INTPc threads (though once I had adjusted my expectations I started to enjoy the playfulness of the place), whereas I recognize my own Donner party* communication style tendencies all too well in INTJf threads. :)steam:)

* Thank you for that phrase, toonia. :D

MerkW

If you don't fit well with INTJ or INTP but resemble both, maybe you're an ISTP :devil:

Definitely not. I am 100% N. My Si is pretty bad, and my Se doesn't even exist.

If we assume a good friend. But I'd rather prefer to take your first answer, as I'm serious that most INTPs wouldn't even answer to start with. :D

Any whimsy to your humour? INTPs have a sense of whimsy. That's due to Ne being allowed room to play.

Yes, I am rather whimsical. Many people have commented on this.

Strange on the messiness. But how messy is your messy though. If you recall the thread on how does your house/living area look like, while you may not be as zen as Wolf's, but are you anywhere near Santtu's stage? :devil: That's a real P.

I'm not extremely messy, but I am certainly messier than average. I am also an extreme procrastinator.

The lack of application could just be because you've not found something that really interests you though, and is not indicative of a type. If anything, I'd be interested to hear your motivations for choosing to continue doing something you have no interest in - perhaps that'd shed more light.
I have found something that really interests me. Ever since the age of 5 or so I have been fascinated by theoretical physics. As I have gotten older, my interests have become even more purely abstract. I am still in high-school, yet I plan to study pure mathematics and theoretical physics in college. I strive to become a mathematician and physicist.

Instead of taking them as a whole, Merkw, you could look at the J/P dichotomy. What do the tests say in terms of J/P? Which do you use more often?
50/50. Rather irksome, if you ask me.

Your first impressions of INTPc and INTJf, respectively, should provide a clue to your type.

When I first looked at INTPc, I liked it very much. However, I gradually began to grow irritated of it. When I saw INTJf, I thought that it was a relatively good idea. I haven't grown irritated of it at all, but it can be a little bit bland at times.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Although I am still confused about my type (INFJ or INTJ) seeing as you are not questioning the F v. J dimension it should be relatively easy to determine your type.

So, I'm sticking with my previous post. If you prefer strategic thinking and naturally tell people what to do you are probably and INTJ. Conversely if you have little interest in strategy and would rather solve problems, ponder infinity, etc. then most likely you are an INTP.

Finally just as I am doing with my type don't rule out the other temperaments. Perhaps you are an SP as some have suggested or maybe even (although I hope not) an SJ.

MerkW

So, I'm sticking with my previous post. If you prefer strategic thinking and naturally tell people what to do you are probably and INTJ. Conversely if you have little interest in strategy and would rather solve problems, ponder infinity, etc. then most likely you are an INTP.

Again, based off this, INTP is more fitting. However, I do question this mildly absolutist method that you are using to distinguish INTJ from INTP.

Finally just as I am doing with my type don't rule out the other temperaments. Perhaps you are an SP as some have suggested or maybe even (although I hope not) an SJ.

Definitely not. My S is literally non-existent.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Again, based off this, INTP is more fitting. However, I do question this mildly absolutist method that you are using to distinguish INTJ from INTP.

Definitely not. My S is literally non-existent.

Definitely absolutist. But it is the clearest way for me to express my perceived difference between the two types.

Although this probably isn't the best way to determine one's type consider those famous people that are allegedly of each type.

Here is an extreme example that should illustrate my point:

consider the difference between Ceaser and Einstein.

MerkW

How precisely does Caesar come into play? I am quite confident that he is an ESTP.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
How precisely does Caesar come into play? I am quite confident that he is an ESTP.

... because several websites claimed he was an INTJ. And since the creators' of those website probably know more about type then me, I am going to assume their assements are correct :devil:

MerkW

@ JustDave: I deeply question many of the typings on said websites. I stand firm in my opinion that Caesar was an ESTP, with ENTJ as a slim second place option.

[Grammar Nazi Mode] (1) The apostrophe after "creators" is completely uncalled-for. (2) Lack of agreement in the phrase "of those website." Either make website plural or replace 'those' with another adjective. (3) Lastly, in the phrase "about type then me," you have used "then" improperly. "Than" should be in its place. Finally, "me" should be replaced with "I."
[/Grammar Nazi Mode]