• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Quiet's Type?

What's Quiet's type?

• ESTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTJ

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

• ENFP

• ENFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• INTP

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • INTJ

• INFP

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hi there folks. I'm currently wondering what my type is. I type generally as INFJ, but have had INTJ, ENFJ and INFP results before. I attribute this to the effects of what may be going on in my personal life, that might affect my behavior both mentally and emotionally. So here I am jumping on the "Type Me" bandwagon, and although I'm still fairly new here, I'm hoping a few people might be able to offer me some feedback. Thanks!

Poll now fixed: Thank you Ivy and Fidelia.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hi :)

can you give us some reasoning for why you have yourself currently typed as INFJ in your profile / why you normally test INFJ, and why you think that might not be totally accurate?

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
hi :)

can you give us some reasoning for why you have yourself currently typed as INFJ in your profile / why you normally test INFJ, and why you think that might not be totally accurate?

Good question!

It's an issue that almost seems cyclic for me to go through. For whatever reason, events happen in my personal life, and I find that with so much introspection and reflection, I find I grow in a new way from the experience. These days I feel more at peace during a time of high stress. I know that my thoughts and feelings change about people and issues, when I experience them, rather than by looking back on them and thinking differently. I hope that makes sense?

Also, I made a video post on the "Type me" thread. I was not really used to watching myself in motion, nor was I used to listening to myself talk I suppose. I think that mostly I believe I am INFJ at my core, but at the moment am beginning to develop other functions. So, as I am just feeling like I am in a fluid and changeable state at the moment, I am mostly just wondering how other people see me. (and I often wonder about this question too).

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
Just going by first impressions, because I am far from knowledgeable about the functions, I get INFx.

I sense Introspection. From your avatar I get INFP. Dreamy, introvert, kind, caring, supportive. Definitely a kind person smile. Your first response to skylights was "Good question!". Before anything else, you complimented. I also get that you'd build someone's self-esteem. I don't get that you'd wear your feelings on your sleeve like I understand Fe to be. So I am more inclined to side with INFP and Fi than INFJ and Fe. I'd more believe you would decide to do things based more on how you felt about it than how society feels about it.

From your love of LOTR, the reasons you liked it, and your experience with Intuition, I'd say more N than S. Although you did say you are more familiar with Ni than Ne, which would be INFJ. From just the little bit I've read, I'm going with INFP, with INFJ as a backup.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thank you Idec, I'm considering your thoughts! I'm in agreement in the sense that I build people up. I do that yes (or try to). Interestingly enough though, I'm horribly uncomfortable with my Fi and tend to avoid "feeling" my feelings. I tend to rationalize them because I feel guilty, ashamed and embarrassed with expression of my negative emotions. I honestly can't accept or tollerate my negative feelings. I love expressing my positive ones openly though, haha.

I think for myself in all honesty, I'm more hurt if someone else is hurting. I always feel a sense of helplessness and wish to trade them places so that they could find peace. For whatever reason I'm pretty tough and can manage other peoples burdens. If they're happy, then I'm happy. Problem solved!

I do have a select few personal beliefs that go against society. I'm mainly interested in taking a more observatory stance on most subjects. I'm fine if others don't share my beliefs, as long as they are willing to converse / debate / discuss with mutual respect for mine. I'm more concerned with a persons attitude, than their beliefs. If we can't listen to one and other, then we maintain a sense of apathy.

I personally find Ne annoying because it feels too open ended. I liken it to a "winging it" attitude because it lacks structure. I appreciate direction somehow, and I have always been very conscious of Ni within myself.

Here is the strange thing...

I absolutely love the poetic depth and warmth of the INFP. I do believe I look very warm and personable in my avatar. To be honest, I hate the picture. I think it's very unflattering and there is the weirdness of seeing my boyfriend's hand in it too haha. But I love the look of warmth in my eyes. That is why I decided to use it. (Plus my new pink glasses). You are right with how kind they look in it. I'm not too sure they look that way at all times though, as I was giving my guy the "I love you, honey" gaze. ;)

So lately I have been on an extroverted kick! I'm here and beginning to open up more and I'm liking it. I only shared the two pictures of myself about 2 weeks ago (avatar pic and one other in my profile album). Before that, I was basically annonymous. I really wanted to become part of the forum and get to know other members. And I wanted to be more aproachable with my avatar picture, in hopes that others would feel more comfortable.

I've shared my heart a little on my blog. Mainly though, I tend to find I write more reflectively and without much drama (hopefully!). I'm guarded to be overly specific and detailed in my sharing, as I've discovered the hard way about how much I could burden others with my problems. So I'm open but aim to record my competence as an individual just living my life.

So still not an organized set of personal dynamics as far as I see myself with regards to my functions. But INFP would be a fair guess, I believe. :) I still strongly desire to be able to distinctly organize my inner self after the dust settles. I think there is a fair amount of chaos and heartache in my personal life atm of which annoys me greatly. And oddly enough for a change, I'm less inclined to care about certain things now as much as I used to. I suppose I'm just confused.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I'll have to read on it more about it, but I understand that Fi is one to say "follow your heart and what you know to be right" and Fe is one to say "follow what will be accepted by the majority and what is considered right by them".

Fe has infectious emotions and influences other's emotions. It sets the mood for the group. It also mirrors someone's emotions back to them.

Fi will pick out the person who is having a rough time of it and try to cheer them up because it can relate. I'd imagine it's reaction to the difference between their emotions and the mood of the group would be to become uncomfortable. It's emotions also aren't very visible.

I get a sense of open expression from Fe. It would express any and all emotions, regardless of if it was negative or not. I get a sense of control from Fi. Deciding what to express. Fe expresses and then maybe regrets it later. Fi gets permission to express. I wouldn't think Fe would be doing much rationalizing of their feelings. In your video you also said you've been doing a lot of analyzing of your feelings. I relate that to Fi as well.

The Ne/Ni part is the only hitch. You said Ne wasn't structured enough, but maybe that's because it is a perceiving function and not a judging one, so it is up to the judging one to structure it? Not sure.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your DNA says "INFJ." :newwink:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'll have to read on it more about it, but I understand that Fi is one to say "follow your heart and what you know to be right" and Fe is one to say "follow what will be accepted by the majority and what is considered right by them".

Fe has infectious emotions and influences other's emotions. It sets the mood for the group. It also mirrors someone's emotions back to them.

Fi will pick out the person who is having a rough time of it and try to cheer them up because it can relate. I'd imagine it's reaction to the difference between their emotions and the mood of the group would be to become uncomfortable. It's emotions also aren't very visible.

I get a sense of open expression from Fe. It would express any and all emotions, regardless of if it was negative or not. I get a sense of control from Fi. Deciding what to express. Fe expresses and then maybe regrets it later. Fi gets permission to express. I wouldn't think Fe would be doing much rationalizing of their feelings. In your video you also said you've been doing a lot of analyzing of your feelings. I relate that to Fi as well.

The Ne/Ni part is the only hitch. You said Ne wasn't structured enough, but maybe that's because it is a perceiving function and not a judging one, so it is up to the judging one to structure it? Not sure.

Sounds like you and I are both on the same frustrating journey :cry:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hmm well I know a bit about you on a more personal level..

I would guess INFx .. but then in your video.. you can come across as a bit INTJ..

Based on all that.. INFJ makes the most sense

Mole

Permabanned
Haha Halla, you're my hero. I just wanna be an ESTP like you! :hifive: :hug:

Yes, ever since I pushed and snuffled my way to the surface that wonderful Spring morning, walked through the rabbits' hedge and came upon the river, spying the twinkling brown eye of the Water Rat, I have always just wanted to be like him.

Of course the Water Rat, or Ratty as he likes me to call him, is extrovert while I am merely an introverted Mole. And I live snug underground, safe from the shocks of the world, while Ratty lives in a bijou residence right beside the full bodied river.

How I would love to be bold like Ratty, picnicking on the river in his beautiful boat, having adventures every day and loving every minute of it. But the best I can do is tag along and offer Ratty any support I can.

Of course the alternative is Badger. He also lives underground in a huge, ancient warren and he maintains his privacy fiercely. And although I would never say this to his face, he is a fierce introvert, while I am neither fierce nor an extrovert.

I have spoken to my therapist (yes, even Moles have therapists) and she blamed my mother. My mother was both fierce and timid at the same time, but I guess I have only inherited the timidity. No wonder I hero worship Ratty and Badger and take Halla as my role model.

Last edited:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hmm well I know a bit about you on a more personal level..

I would guess INFx .. but then in your video.. you can come across as a bit INTJ..

Based on all that.. INFJ makes the most sense

Yes it has helped that we have known eachother from before I signed up here. Infact I was really happy to see you finally discover your type too. :). ENFJ is very fitting for you, and as I understand, it is the most introverted of all the E types. My brother is also ENFJ. I really see the similarities between you both. <3

Yes I did appear INTJ in my vid. It was strange to see myself. I did attribute it to being a bit nervous, but then I have found myself wondering if I do infact present like this at times. Who knows? I've contemplated making another vid just to see if I see anything different about myself. I'm wondering if I'll be less INTJ'ish if I'm feeling more familiar by doing it twice. :)

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yes, ever since I pushed and snuffled my way to the surface that wonderful Spring morning, walked through the rabbits' hedge and came upon the river, spying the twinkling brown eye of the Water Rat, I have always just wanted to be like him.

Of course the Water Rat, or Ratty as he likes me to call him, is extrovert while I am merely an introverted Mole. And I live snug underground, safe from the shocks of the world, while Ratty lives in a bijou residence right beside the full bodied river.

How I would love to be bold like ratty, picnicking on the river in his beautiful boat, having adventures every day and loving every minute of it. But the best I can do is tag along and offer Ratty any support I can.

Of course the alternative is Badger. He also lives underground in a huge, ancient warren and he maintains his privacy fiercely. And although I would never say this to his face, he is a fierce introvert, while I am neither fierce nor an extrovert.

I have spoken to my therapist (yes, even Moles have therapists) and she blamed my mother. My mother was both fierce and timid at the same time, but I guess I have only inherited the timidity. No wonder I hero worship Ratty and Badger and take Halla as my role model.

Victor, this is amazingly cryptically specific. It's paradoxal in an interesting way. I always enjoy reading your posts, and yes, our Halla is very awesome indeed!

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I thought I'd come back to this thread. A few stressful days have passed now. I'm still not sure where I am in myself, but it's not surprising. I'm sure I'll have more clarity after some more time has passed. My type will become apparent when my life resettles. So I suppose I'll revisit this thread in a few weeks or so.

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, this is amazingly cryptically specific. It's paradoxal in an interesting way. I always enjoy reading your posts, and yes, our Halla is very awesome indeed!

It seems that Quiet is a delightful INF.

Wonderfully sensitive and highly appreciative of others, Quiet is capable of the deepest and happiest of relationships. And no doubt there is someone equally sensitive and appreciative looking for her.

In the meantime we are lucky to have her to ourselves as she quietly recollects her emotions in tranquillity, shares them with us, and integrates them into her life.

aprilfool

MBTI Type
WINE
Enneagram
It seems that Quiet is a delightful INF.

Wonderfully sensitive and highly appreciative of others, Quiet is capable of the deepest and happiest of relationships. And no doubt there is someone equally sensitive and appreciative looking for her.

In the meantime we are lucky to have her to ourselves as she quietly recollects her emotions in tranquillity, shares them with us, and integrates them into her life.

Yes, after reading a bit of everyone's blog's here and there, I do agree with you Victor that Quiet is sensitive and capable of great love. I hope she is able to take the good things about her current situation and apply them to a brand new existence with a brand new outlook.
I would have liked to have been able to view her little video she said she made, but as I'm so new to this forum aspect I'm afraid I'm experiencing navigational difficulties....Basically, I'm totally LOST. I'm trying to figure out my "type" as accurately as I can and I'm thinking of putting a video in there myself.
I'd LOVE Any thoughts, ideas, or good old fashioned help passed along my way..... :)

QPoet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well you know where I side on this issue don't you M? You are like me, and INFJ with a weak J (like many INFJ's). You belong in the INF pj's club! INFJ is your core, with INFP our first stress type backup. Live with that....I know you can! ;)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oops I voted before reading the OP. I thought the question was which type(s) are more of the quiet type (i.e. shy silent ones in a group) and I voted INFJ and INFP.