• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is my sister?

haag261390

my sister could hold an in-depth and intellectual conversations and would never back down and has to have to last words for everything. She could also think outside of the box and shes self-confident and she always has to have the last words of everything. She's also very controlling and demanding and has the tendency to hold grudges and is very slow to forgive. She can be coldhearted and apathetic and very stubborn and arrogant and quite a bully if she has a reason to be. If you pour your heart out to her, she wouldnt know until you actually tell her.

At first when you meet her and knowing her for 3 months or more, her real side doesnt show. Shes usually quiet and calm but until you get close to her, thats when her true colors come out.

Shes not straightforward but how she words everything can be insulting or demeaning. Shes not blunt, shes more than blunt but tells you whats on her mind.

Shes also very manipulative if youre that someone that she cares for.

Most of the times though, she secludes herself because she has her own morals and views to follow and unlike a lot of people, it goes against hers so she only keeps 2-3 people as friends and avoids other people and stays home all the time but she always needs communication everyday or shed be bored so easily.

and shes soft or good hearted in the core.

Anyway, what type is she?

haag261390

I didnt think shed be an introvert because when she gets into an argument with someone that she cares about or someone thats close to her, she would need company and not an alone time. She requires a lot of communication and doesnt like to be alone or introspects. She always wants to have a company, and those are with her friends that shes close with but at the same time, shes not talkative but know when she can be. Seems like a low extravert?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She sounds like an ENTJ with a well developed Fi, although Intj with a well developed Fi isn't out of the question either. What other details can you provide about her?

haag261390

She seems to have a rich vocabulary and can be philosophical and dig deeper and understand why the society and answer a what and why to everything even though sometimes, she might have a hard time explaining all these but she has it all set on her mind. It might be because her mind is cluttered, im not sure. But anyway, she also doesnt understand anything involving anything emotional thats being explained to her. When im out with her and someone was giving her an attitude, she doesnt want to fight back. Thats why I think shes actually good hearted because she tells me that when someone tries to give her an attitude, her head would tell her to put that person in their place but not enough to create a scene because shed handle it calmly but her heart tells her not to do it and thats what stops her from reacting quick enough for the other person to get a response that shes harsh.

But when you get to know her and got very close to her, thats when she can be harsh and very critical and doesnt have the same feeling of her heart telling her not to.

Whenever shes having problems, Id try to be there for her but she cant tell me what it is thats going on. She seems to have a hard time expressing her feelings unless youre a husband, shed tell you but itd take some days to or shed feel some force. Eventually shed have to say to herself, 'do it already!'

She always needs a reason to everything but shes also subjective and not as objective.

Shes organized in her mind and when shes trying to explain to me what happened for example, she would need to sort it out in her mind and put everything to place (like it always is with her) before she can tell me. Shes not as organized when it comes to her room. She can be lazy at times.

she also observes a lot of people and find out if theyre sincere in their words or not and their true intent. Shes also wise before entering into a relationship.
Shes also very realistic but can be imaginative. She uses her 5 senses as well as using her instinct.

She gets bored very easily and it said somewhere that this wasnt an introverted trait. Shes also outgoing but she always stays at home.

she uses Te and Si often, I see it a lot in her.

Hope that helps?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
don't rule out ENFP with high Te.

haag261390

She's definitely not an enfp. I have an enfp friend and they're the opposites. They couldn't get along either but thanks.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She's definitely not an enfp. I have an enfp friend and they're the opposites. They couldn't get along either but thanks.

The reason why I say that is because she sounds somewhat like me, and I'm not a xxTJ. I can see one of my sisters or my mom describing me this way. My own mother actually had a hard time seeing how sensitive and emo I actually am because I can put on such an Ne/Te front. My ENFJ sister had to be the mediator and explain it to her, and even ENFJ said, "Why do you push people away if you want them to love you?"

I'm not saying she is ENFP, I'm just saying don't necessarily rule it out. There may be a side to her that only her friends/associates/boyfriend or husband sees and maybe her family doesn't see it as much.

Or maybe not. Maybe your sister is an xNTJ. I was just throwing out a suggestion there.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was going to suggest not ruling out ENFP either. I am not like your sister is now in my life, but for a large portion I could be described in a similar manner as your sister. ENFP's are pretty diverse and we don't all get a long with one another...

haag261390

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Do ENFPs or INTJ/ENTJs contradict themselves? because she does a lot of times and not notice it. I caught her a lot of times contradicting herself while saying another.

She also argues for the sake of it and always starts something and enjoys arguing. I think shes argumentative and never stops until she got her point proven.

She also has an INFJ friend and they get along well and could talk about in depth discussions on and on but he ends up not understanding her. If he seems confusing, she could always make sense out of it.

from mostly used to least

Do ENFPs or INTJ/ENTJs contradict themselves? because she does a lot of times and not notice it. I caught her a lot of times contradicting herself while saying another.

She also argues for the sake of it and always starts something and enjoys arguing. I think shes argumentative and never stops until she got her point proven.

She also has an INFJ friend and they get along well and could talk about in depth discussions on and on but he ends up not understanding her. If he seems confusing, she could always make sense out of it.

Te(excellent use)>Si>Fi>Ne(average use)>Se>Fe>Ti>Ni(underused)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Te(excellent use)>Si>Fi>Ne(average use)>Se>Fe>Ti>Ni(underused)

I argue for the sake of it. *Love to argue*. You'll see ENFPs arguing all around this forum. However, strictly from this post I'm gonna say ENFP or ENTJ. The function order you're giving seems ESTJ, but ENFPs have those functions too.

Do you think she's S or N? From the way you described her I assumed, N...but...what does she spend a lot of time thinking about? What are her favorite subjects? What is she good at? How does she prefer to learn?

haag261390

I argue for the sake of it. *Love to argue*. You'll see ENFPs arguing all around this forum. However, strictly from this post I'm gonna say ENFP or ENTJ. The function order you're giving seems ESTJ, but ENFPs have those functions too.

Do you think she's S or N? From the way you described her I assumed, N...but...what does she spend a lot of time thinking about? What are her favorite subjects? What is she good at? How does she prefer to learn?

Interesting.

Shes difficult to understand and only a few people can really get her. Her boyfriend though, thinks shes normal because of her personality but thinks that shes intelligent and can hardly keep up with her or say anything in return because of that. Hes an ISF for sure. She can be complicated and she thinks no one would understand why she does what she does except a few, that'd be me and my mom. We can read her like a book but its hard for me to tell what her MBTI is because she can balance out almost everything in the right situations except her F. Shes horrible at sympathizing and showing compassion and shed feel uncomfortable if she sees the need to do that. Anyway, she tells me she spends time a lot of her time thinking a lot about why everything is the way it is and a lot of about society and finding 'alternative' ways of going against the standard because its expected out of you. Im sure it can go into details and she loves details but if she doesnt know you personally, she can be impersonal and would only go for the big picture.

Shes always excelled in subjects like Biology, its based on facts. Sociology and Psychology she says can vary because it has a lot of theories in it thats never certain. She told me that I should observe and understand a theory before believing it or applying it in life. In Sociology class, I was with her, she really didnt understand the theories because she wasnt interested and she didnt want to. She could only go in depth with everything if she were to be really interested in it.

Shes good at philosophical talk if you got her into the mood or into it but she also loves factual subjects like Biology, even if it has theories in it, she observes it and see if it contradicts itself and spends time thinking about how it came about and who created evolutionary and sees its flaws. She always prefers to learn the hard way and likes a challenge. One time, my ENFJ friend tested her on her being random but she couldnt follow up with the patterns. In our conversations, shes always stable than random. She can be random if she wanted to be, but thats if she got into the mood, but she rarely is.

Shes not a happy type of person either. Shes always very serious but playful when she needs to be.

I dont know if shes an S or an N but I know an ESTJ and theyre a lot alike.

All I know is shes a TJ.