• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pick my type

Pick one, pick a few, but don't be a douche and pick them all. I know I'm not an ENTJ

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is not a typical "what's my type?" thread (I already have one of those) because I'm starting with the conclusion that I don't have one. For a number of years now I've been milking this whole "I don't have a type" thing. And I'm okay with that. I honestly do not feel that I fit into any of them well enough to claim it- in large part because there's a small handful of types I semi-identify with and picking one feels like abandoning the others. I'm just not ready to say goodbye to them!

For practical purposes (like, where do I put my blog? I put it in the SJ section when the forum was new because we didn't have any SJs except maybe one or two, so I thought it would balance things out a bit if I reprazented in there) and because I feel like a dope when someone asks my type and I say "your guess is as good as mine," I'd like to have a type listed in my profile on here. Everyone will know that it doesn't fully fit, but it will be okay. Just like if I showed up at a party in an ill-fitting dress- it would look a little weird and it might cause some people to go "Hmm! Interesting choice!" but most people will still be able to enjoy my company even if I'm weirdly dressed.

So! What's my type, with all of the caveats and stuff listed above? Poll forthcoming!

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I honestly do not feel that I fit into any of them well enough to claim it- in large part because there's a small handful of types I semi-identify with and picking one feels like abandoning the others. I'm just not ready to say goodbye to them!

There's your answer ;).

I think that there are people who "fit" well into a given type, as well as people who identify with two, or three, or more, or sometimes wander, depending on circumstances. Not like it's an exact science -- more of just a way to provide some points of reference for differences.

Probably not the input you were looking for, but nobody knows you better than you do, and if you're not sure, how would anyone else know? (excluding the "you balance your checkbook, you must be an SJ" crowd).

So, I didn't vote :D.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Was there ever a time when you identified as a single type?

I think you're INFP, Ivy, but that's very tentative. I get the same kind of vibe from you and UDog sometimes (if that makes even the slightest difference).

Do you know your enneagram?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Was there ever a time when you identified as a single type?

I think you're INFP, Ivy, but that's very tentative. I get the same kind of vibe from you and UDog sometimes (if that makes even the slightest difference).

Do you know your enneagram?

FWIW I lean towards INFP as well. I'm just not ready to give up the others.

When I first took the MBTI in the 9th grade I tested as an ENFP. Later on, when I rediscovered it as a young mother I tested as an ISFJ. I don't think either of those is right; I think I was trying on roles and my responses had more to do with the "season" of life I was in than my real inner core self, which I think I did not really get to know until my late 20s or so. If that makes sense.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ, because I see no reason in making the unnecessary effort to move your blog. The whole habit of locating blogs in the type sub-forums is a mistake.

And, well, I find I and F much more believable for you than E and T.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the threads where you defend forum administrator actions are very telling. Your attitude is never to justify a rule or action, it's a very "that's just the way it is, deal with it" response. But it also appeals to "social norms" and "standards" and other BS like that. This makes me conclude you are definitely a Cooperator type (SJ or NF.)

As much as one can "seem" introverted when all I have to go on is online communication, you do so.

So this narrows it down to ISFJ, INFJ, ISTJ, INFP.

Hmmm..I'm not sure I ever asked you this, Ivy, but it's what I ask everyone when they want help with their type..

What do you live for? (and I don't mean "because I keep breathing", I mean like, what in life is truly what makes you happy or feel alive?)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INFP. It's rare for a Pi user to be undecided on their type.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought of the ones that seemed totally unbelievable, and voted for the remaining types (infp, isfp, infj, isfj). Any of those could fit. I considered esfj and to a lesser extent enfp but you don't seem very extroverted on here.

So IxFx, I guess. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the threads where you defend forum administrator actions are very telling. Your attitude is never to justify a rule or action, it's a very "that's just the way it is, deal with it" response. But it also appeals to "social norms" and "standards" and other BS like that. This makes me conclude you are definitely a Cooperator type (SJ or NF.)

That's definitely one of the reasons for an ISFJ case.
(She's not Ni primary, though, that seems pretty clear.)

Honestly, I'm not sure what Ivy is.
She's just Ivy.
I'm happy with that.

Hmmm..I'm not sure I ever asked you this, Ivy, but it's what I ask everyone when they want help with their type..

What do you live for?

Sigh, I owe Kas $5 -- I was sure the question was going to be, "What's your bra size?"
Curse thee, Jeffster, thou hast foiled me again!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My vote is INFP, with a possibility of INTP. :cheese:

Your supremely huggable nature makes me say INFP. :hifive:

BUT - you could be a really, really nice INTP disguised as an INFP. :shock:

Either way, you iz one of Halla's favorites. :hug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Thanks for the input guys! The only J type I think I'd seriously consider is INFJ, because they tend to be spacey-J (organized inner world, disorganized outer world) which is the only way I think I could be considered a J. Aside from that, it really seems like years of indecision kind of points to a P type. :D

The way I admin the forums can be a bit hardnosed but that's born out of necessity, not preference. I hate being an authority figure and I much prefer goofing around with people to being the boss of them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my vote the more i think about it, is INFP but an awesome one. not one of the lame ass life is so hard ones. but one that's like yeah life! I'm gonna do what i have to instead of moping type of infp.

don't ask me to explain that. please cuz i'm not really sure.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You really think you might be INTP? :huh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always thought you were ISFJ.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
You strike me as rather well adjusted, intelligent, and open minded ISTJ.

The introverted part seems like the most solid.
You seem to be of a very practical nature, and tend to speak in a direct, concrete fashion. You do seem creative, which most would argue isn't an ISTJ trait, but I'd beg to differ.
I don't get a strong feeling vibe from you.
You definitely seem more concerned with fairness and rules than a typical ISTP would, which makes me think you lean J.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am one, but only honorary. Stupid Mac deleted the poll and thread on INTPc where it was decided. :doh:
He was probably just jealous. ENFJs are like that. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ?
Wow.

I've known ISTJ women.
Ivy isn't them in the least.
The detachment/coolness isn't there.