• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pick my type

Pick one, pick a few, but don't be a douche and pick them all. I know I'm not an ENTJ

• Total voters

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Have you ever actually considered ISFP?

What would/wouldn't match with that?

It's possible. ApeTheDog on INTPc was the first to suggest it and I thought he was joking but he swears he wasn't. It doesn't seem far out anymore, though.

Still, I went with INFP since most of the people who know me best lean that way.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Tigerlily said:
Also, I don't put much stock into MBTI as it's just an indicator. I gave up years ago trying to put myself into a typology category. Is it really all that important? For me it isn't.

No. It seemed like clinging to this "I don't have a type!" thing was putting too much stock in the idea that there is ONE TRUE TYPE! for everyone, which is why I decided to just pick one even if it doesn't fully encompass who I am.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
You're supremely huggable nature makes me say INFP. :hifive:
You know this is so true. Not sure if Ivy likes being touched, but the few times I've been around her I can truly say that she must be hugged. :yes:

Edit: I think we know when someone isn't open to being hugged, so I'm going with, "Ivy loves hugs". Final answer. ;P

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
LOL! I'm open to hugs but not a hug-pusher, so I'm sure some people do think I'm anti-hug since I don't initiate them. I'm more of a hug-receiver. Happy to take whatever surplus hugs others have for me, though. :wub:

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
LOL! I'm open to hugs but not a hug-pusher, so I'm sure some people do think I'm anti-hug since I don't initiate them. I'm more of a hug-receiver. Happy to take whatever surplus hugs others have for me, though. :wub:
INFP. Likely with some ENFP friends, yes?

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
E's love me, ENFPs most of all. Probably because I let them talk and indulge their gooeyness.
Yeah, probably like, 75% of my friends are ENFPs. It's nice to have them around to introduce me to people so I don't have to initiate contact with strangers. I hate doing that.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Argh! Unnecessary administrative work!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You don't give an INFP vibe at all, to me. I could believe INFJ or ISFJ very easily. Not that your J is so pronounced, but you just don't have that "prickly" vibe that so many INFPs have, even in writing. (And no, I don't mean that as an insult to INFPs.)

My roommate vibes similarly to you, and seemingly defied typing. We finally figured out she was ISFJ. She hangs excellently with INTPs, though, and it was very hard to figure out if she was S/N.

You are definitely unique on these boards.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You remind me of an intelligent ISFJ I knew.

*shrugs*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've decided everyone that is unsure of their type is an infp...it just makes things easier but really...i thought you were an infj...i mean...i never questioned it i just thought you were...i must have thought you had it listed once and just assumed it was right. ??

KDude

i've decided everyone that is unsure of their type is an infp...it just makes things easier but really...i thought you were an infj...i mean...i never questioned it i just thought you were...i must have thought you had it listed once and just assumed it was right. ??

I'm unsure myself. And I still have doubts on INFP. I could be ISFJ too. Or INFJ with aspirational Se. Why stop at INFP? Sky's the limit :cool:

*shrugs*

I think quite a few ISJs are intelligent like that. If there's one thing that defines them, they're both detail oriented and fact gatherers. Interestingly, Lenore Thomson says the dominant Si (and/or introversion) lends to independent thinking, going over reading material multiple times, for example, and not necessarily maintaining status quo views or anything like that.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

*shrugs*

Reminds me of an ISFJ I know too, a lady with remarkable maturity and clear but empathetic logic. Ironically when I had her do a MBTI test it came back INFJ (strong N). She read the descriptions and agreed that ISFJ was totally her, just think things are biased towards iNtuition 'round here.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Agreed.
You don't give an INFP vibe at all, to me. I could believe INFJ or ISFJ very easily. Not that your J is so pronounced, but you just don't have that "prickly" vibe that so many INFPs have, even in writing. (And no, I don't mean that as an insult to INFPs.)

My roommate vibes similarly to you, and seemingly defied typing. We finally figured out she was ISFJ. She hangs excellently with INTPs, though, and it was very hard to figure out if she was S/N.

You are definitely unique on these boards.

This

*shrugs*

And this.
Reminds me of an ISFJ I know too, a lady with remarkable maturity and clear but empathetic logic. Ironically when I had her do a MBTI test it came back INFJ (strong N). She read the descriptions and agreed that ISFJ was totally her, just think things are biased towards iNtuition 'round here.