• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Slap A Type On Me

I am the Senate

OK, I am just going to write(technically type), some information out, random information, as I'm not sure if there's anything specific that people willing to type me need, so you will just have to take what you're given. You can of course ask me questions if you think it will help.

I'm alone most of the time. I have 2.5 people who I would deem as "friends". I say 2.5. because one of them I don't much care for, but they have a value and a utility for me, so I'll keep them around as long as think they are worthful. All 3 are childhood friends, I did have a "social circle" of up to 10 people in school, but when it was time for everyone to leave and move all over the country to continue their education at a higher level, I had to make the decision which of these people I would make the effort with to continue a friendship. I thought this process out logically and finally settled on the 2.5.

As stated previously, I am alone most of the time. Social interaction, when engaged in, is mostly because it is necessary. I can, and have, gone months without talking to even the people I consider to be my "friends". It's not really a problem, although sometimes I would rather there be someone there to converse with, to stimulate my mind and senses. Interaction with my family is as minimal as possible, I'm not affectionate, and avoid family "get-togethers" like the plague.

A lot of my time is spent thinking, fantasizing and envisioning. I like to think I have very good ability for deep and abstract thought, and reflection for hours each day for many years now is part of my routine. Indeed, it sometimes stops me getting to sleep.

I have great passion for the arts, and for many years wanted to be a musician(I have just read this bit after posting it and consider it to be a little bit of a freudian slip, as I was a musician, and still am in a more minor capacity, but I have come to the conclusion that the reason I said I "wanted" to be a musician, as opposed to "was/am" is because I never feel good enough and always strive to be better, seemingly never able to become my own definition of what it is to be X), now I want to be a filmmaker. Creative expression in an artistic form is easy for me and I find it to be extremely cathartic.

I really like sport, football(or soccer, depending on your own vocabulary) is a huge passion of mine, and some of my greatest memories are linked in with it.

Anyway I think that's enough information. What say you?

Last edited:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could be INTJ but "could" is one thing.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
INFP with a highly developed Ti function. Fi and Ti are very close. I'd say Fi Ti Ne Si for top four functions in cognitive development profile. Enneagram Type 5.

Based on writing style, relationship history, ambitions, few close friends, viewing social interaction as something to do only when necessary. And just first instinct.

EDIT: Don't think he's a J type, though possible INTP. Especially by the way he wrote this post. That's not a J writing style at all. Still say INFP with strong Ti function.

I am the Senate

The responses so far are interesting, and appreciated. I had practically settled on INxx myself, as it just seems very obvious. Out of interest, I would consider myself to sometimes be extroverted when with my friends, i.e. I can "let the child in me out" and become silly and loud and even playful. What do you think of that?

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I stand by my assessment. Occasional extroverted behavior like the one you're describing does not make you an extrovert. I judge extroversion and introversion by drawing out cognitive functions first and not by behavior alone.

INFP, type 5, Fi>Ti>Ne>Si.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP with a highly developed Ti function. Fi and Ti are very close. I'd say Fi Ti Ne Si for top four functions in cognitive development profile. Enneagram Type 5.

Based on writing style, relationship history, ambitions, few close friends, viewing social interaction as something to do only when necessary. And just first instinct.

EDIT: Don't think he's a J type, though possible INTP. Especially by the way he wrote this post. That's not a J writing style at all. Still say INFP with strong Ti function.

My reasoning is based only on three things: "I am the Senate", "Envisioning" and the frank "I have never been kissed and sex-ed". Oh and one more thing: "Slap a type on me".

How do you evaluate with "writing style"?

I am the Senate

I stand by my assessment. Occasional extroverted behavior like the one you're describing does not make you an extrovert. I judge extroversion and introversion by drawing out cognitive functions first and not by behavior alone.

INFP, type 5, Fi>Ti>Ne>Si.

I see.

I am reading a bit about what an archetypal INFP is like, and I must say there are some glaring differences. For example:

"INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives?

The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place. "

I am in no way like that. I am entirely self-serving.

"Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante."

Again, I am not like that in the slightest. I will put on a front to people to make them attach enough value to me to then be able to invest in me, but will only do so if I believe they have something that I want to tap them for, in order for my own gains. If they have nothing, then I won't even look at them. I will very rarely, if ever, reveal my "naked" self to people, whatever that may mean.

"INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. "

I don't mind conflict at all, and as for being irrational and illogical in any situation, let alone a mere disagreement, that's nigh on a sin for me.

"INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis."

Hard facts, logic and impersonality are amongst few things that keep me (relatively) sane.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Senator. How much do you like sports? Why?

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Fair enough, man. I'm just giving you my assessment based on your OP. You know yourself better than anyone else so you have the final say on your type.

I still stand by the assessment based on the information given in the OP, but if you say you are another type, you are another type. If you are running into differences based on one profile of an INFP (which bear in mind is the archetypal INFP, which I do not believe you to be - I also added cognitive functions to my assessment), then that's fine. INTP, maybe...

I am the Senate

Senator. How much do you like sports? Why?

Sport in general I find interesting, due to the dedication needed to be a professional sportsman, the competitive nature and will to win which are needed.

As for football, I can safely say it is the sport I appreciate the most, by a long way. Not only does it satisfy an intellectual need, with the tactics of 11 v. 11 going head to head in a game of metaphorical chess, but also greatly satisfies an aesthetic need in me. Football is a highly creative game, with lots of expression of individual talent and technical ability, which I find very nice to watch(well, when there are good players playing anyway).

Oh, and as for being a fan, I am very fanatic, and sometimes even blindly. Indeed, football is a great emotional outlet for me. I can really delve into the tribalistic nature of it, and I love the competition.

cfs1992

explicate plitz...

By the description he seems to be totally unaware about what the society finds acceptable (what, I think, is an indicator of an inferior Fe, so Ti-dom). The intuition is quite obvious.

I got the Ti vibe all the time...

I am the Senate

Fair enough, man. I'm just giving you my assessment based on your OP. You know yourself better than anyone else so you have the final say on your type.

I still stand by the assessment based on the information given in the OP, but if you say you are another type, you are another type. If you are running into differences based on one profile of an INFP (which bear in mind is the archetypal INFP, which I do not believe you to be - I also added cognitive functions to my assessment), then that's fine. INTP, maybe...

I understand. I know that archetypal types must be very rare, simply because I cannot believe personalities which are forged in today's society can be that linear. I just wanted to point out these differences between the article and myself, I wasn't necessarily arguing against your assessment.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sport in general I find interesting, due to the dedication needed to be a professional sportsman, the competitive nature and will to win which are needed.

As for football, I can safely say it is the sport I appreciate the most, by a long way. Not only does it satisfy an intellectual need, with the tactics of 11 v. 11 going head to head in a game of metaphorical chess, but also greatly satisfies an aesthetic need in me. Football is a highly creative game, with lots of expression of individual talent and technical ability, which I find very nice to watch(well, when there are good players playing anyway).

Oh, and as for being a fan, I am very fanatic, and sometimes even blindly. Indeed, football is a great emotional outlet for me. I can really delve into the tribalistic nature of it, and I love the competition.

Interesting. What don't you like about sports, if any?

By the description he seems to be totally unaware about what the society finds acceptable (what, I think, is an indicator of an inferior Fe, so Ti-dom).

Doesn't an INTJ have the total absence of Fe? What do you think in terms of Te?

The intuition is quite obvious.

I got the Ti vibe all the time...

Could you define this "Ti vibe"?

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Why are you asking people to slap a type on you, loser.

I am the Senate

Interesting. What don't you like about sports, if any?

Hmm. After having a think I cannot say there is anything I don't like. There is stuff I am indifferent to, but as for not liking, I don't believe there is anything. Certainly nothing has immediately sprung to mind anyway.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm. After having a think I cannot say there is anything I don't like. There is stuff I am indifferent to, but as for not liking, I don't believe there is anything. Certainly nothing has immediately sprung to mind anyway.

Ok, what's your opinion on "parties"?