• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INTJ

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
What I meant was many people have difficulty seeing the world from outside their perspectives. Whereas I often can.

For example I am a horrible debater becuase I often see the subject from both sides and can usually find equal merit in both.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
It seems to me that Gabe is over complicating this. Most of the people in this thread have agreed with the assessment that you are INFJ. Ultimately, the best way to tell is to engage people in this forum and see which ones click with your way of thinking.

Well in that case it's probably Whatever. She seems to have a very direct earthy communication style that resonates with me. Thus far her posts are very concise yet playful.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
It seems to me that Gabe is over complicating this. Most of the people in this thread have agreed with the assessment that you are INFJ. Ultimately, the best way to tell is to engage people in this forum and see which ones click with your way of thinking.

That would mean absolutely nothing. Different types experience being 'on the same wavelength' all the time.
I am not overcomplicating. I am drawing this out for as long as neccisary for Dave to find what type he actually is.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
That would mean absolutely nothing. Different types experience being 'on the same wavelength' all the time.
I am not overcomplicating. I am drawing this out for as long as neccisary for Dave to find what type he actually is.

Which I certainly appreciate.

The important thing to remember in my case is it's all for fun. My intent is to learn a bit about myself and have some fun in the process.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Well in that case it's probably Whatever. She seems to have a very direct earthy communication style that resonates with me. Thus far her posts are very concise yet playful.

It's the exact same with me. And there is a reason for that.

Cognitive Functions INFJ- Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
Cognitive Functions ESTP- Se, Ti, Fe, Ni

Same set of cognitive functions but simply in reverse order. Opposites attract after all.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
What I meant was many people have difficulty seeing the world from outside their perspectives. Whereas I often can.

For example I am a horrible debater becuase I often see the subject from both sides and can usually find equal merit in both.

ah, so it's a domfi thing, not an intuition thing. OK

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-blogs/2992-why-not-100.html#post102204

read post # 993 here- if that resonates you could very well be an SP! :D

btw- adorable dog! is it yours? :huh:

and interesting note on ESTPs and INFJs- somehow I can really identify with INFJs even though I REALLY am an ESTP! :laugh:

It certainly does resonate with me especially the part about the world not owing you happiness. The world is a rough place and I am going to do all I can to enjoy myself.

In fact my motto has always been (yes I have a motto): you only live once so why suffer?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Same set of cognitive functions but simply in reverse order. Opposites attract after all.

I've got one. When people around me are unhappy they tend to make me unhappy. Isn't that Fe not Fi? If yes, then wouldn't that preculde me from being an INFP??? Maybe? Me so confuzed ...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:dry: I think I may have mentioned somewhere here that my family motto seems to be "better that they be unhappy than you" it's well engrained into all of us! :laugh:

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP

Yeah, except I like whatever's posts too.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've got one. When people around me are unhappy they tend to make me unhappy. Isn't that Fe not Fi? If yes, then wouldn't that preculde me from being an INFP??? Maybe? Me so confuzed ...

either feeling attitude can do that.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I read the ISFP article and it's close but not quite right for two reasons:

- When I get angry all hell breaks loose. I'm not violent but very, VERY assertive.

- I thrive on challenge. When someone tells me it can't be done, it increases my desire to do it by about 500%

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Take the hemisphere dominance test. Usually right=P and left=J.

TestCafe: free brain type test, free iq test, online testing, emotional iq test, I.Q., personality test, love, astrology, career, relationship

Yeah, except I like whatever's posts too.

:rolli: He was saying that out of all the people on the forum, he clicked with whatever, not that he just liked her posts. Honestly, there is a difference between helping a person find their type and relentlessly confusing them.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I read the ISFP article and it's close but not quite right for two reasons:

- When I get angry all hell breaks loose. I'm not violent but very, VERY assertive.

- I thrive on challenge. When someone tells me it can't be done, it increases my desire to do it by about 500%

Well, you'll never agree with EVERYTHING the example person says.
anyway, that's it for me. Good luck finding your type :)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Take the hemisphere dominance test. Usually right=P and left=J.

TestCafe: free brain type test, free iq test, online testing, emotional iq test, I.Q., personality test, love, astrology, career, relationship

:rolli: He was saying that out of all the people on the forum, he clicked with whatever, not that he just liked her posts. Honestly, there is a difference between helping a person find their type and relentlessly confusing them.

Done.

55% right brain, 45% left brain. but pretty much no brain:D