• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INTJ

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Totally disagree. All that will result in is which extraverted function he is presently predisposed to. That could change as his environment does. I would go back to the temperament. Is he a Catalyst
The core needs are for the meaning and significance that come from having a sense of purpose and working toward some greater good. They need to have a sense of unique identity. They value unity, self-actualization, and authenticity. People of this temperament prefer cooperative interactions with a focus on ethics and morality. They tend to trust their intuition and impressions first and then seek to find the logic and the data to support them. Given their need for empathic relationships, they learn more easily when they can relate to the instructor and the group.
or Theorist
The core needs are for mastery of concepts, knowledge, and competence. People of this temperament want to understand the operating principles of the universe and to learn or even develop theories for everything. They value expertise, logical consistency, concepts, and ideas and seek progress. They tend toward pragmatic, utilitarian actions with a technology focus. They trust logic above all else. They tend to be skeptical and highly value precision in language. Their learning style is conceptual, and they want to know the underlying principles that generate the details and facts rather than the details alone.
INJs are hard to distinguish, because they both use the same dominant function, are both use

Last edited:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm. Dave.

Even on the official MBTI test, there's a disclaimer which states that 1/4 persons will not agree with their tested types.

For INFJ males, (I'm assuming you're male btw) there's a great deal of repression of the F (you'll find threads here that delved into that), so a pseudo-T comes about. That's where Met was coming from, methinks.

On the flipside, there's probably less social pressures which cause an INTJ to ameliorate to resemble an INFJ?

If Ti factors as your cognitive function, I'd actually think you're an INFJ - if Fe is repressed, the Ti would be stronger.

When you love someone. How do you express it?

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
On the flipside, there's probably less social pressures which cause an INTJ to ameliorate to resemble an INFJ?
True, but don't forget the possible family influences. With the "right" parents, an INTJ could learn to develop their Fi, and maybe even their Ti.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Hmm ... something odd happened to my last post.

I would post them but I don't know how to. Sorry.

Attempt to use the edit option next time... copy and paste the whole post. Sometimes the forum does that. :doh:

Does the test not give you numbers for each function? Somehow my read on you is INFJ but I need more data to confirm.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hmm. Dave.

Even on the official MBTI test, there's a disclaimer which states that 1/4 persons will not agree with their tested types.

For INFJ males, (I'm assuming you're male btw) there's a great deal of repression of the F (you'll find threads here that delved into that), so a pseudo-T comes about. That's where Met was coming from, methinks.

If Ti factors as your cognitive function, I'd actually think you're an INFJ - if Fe is repressed, the Ti would be stronger.

When you love someone. How do you express it?

Yes, I am a male..

I generally express love by being attentive to needs and expressing affection. Also, (hope this helps) I have been known to give lavish gifts to family, friends and lovers.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I am a male..

I generally express love by being attentive to needs and expressing affection. Also, (hope this helps) I have been known to give lavish gifts to family, friends and lovers.

I would definitely say INFJ, based on my own experiences.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
do you attempt to argue with someone on a point using cold logic or do you bring in a human appeal as well? :huh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Just to further muddy the waters. Based on the test results I have received I have never explored any possibilities outside of INFJ or INTJ?

Just throwing that out there ...

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
True, but don't forget the possible family influences. With the "right" parents, an INTJ could learn to develop their Fi, and maybe even their Ti.

True, I merely meant, there's a greater chance of finding a logical INFJ vs a :hug: fuzzy :wubbie: :heart: INTJ :heart:.

:peepwall:

Yes, I am a male..

How do you approach your target? Say it is someone you like, but are not certain how he/she feels about you?

:rofl1: Met. No gifts from you? Not even a cubic zirconia? :shock:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Just to further muddy the waters. Based on the test results I have received I have never explored any possibilities outside of INFJ or INTJ?

*collapses* Are you sure you're a J?

:rofl1:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

It's simply an indication of Ni in my opinion... INXJs are one of the freest thinking Judgers because of the dominant Ni. I'm not a "true J" either... but you wouldn't call me a P. :blush:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
True, I merely meant, there's a greater chance of finding a logical INFJ vs a :hug: fuzzy :wubbie: :heart: INTJ :heart:.

:peepwall:

How do you approach your target? Say it is someone you like, but are not certain how he/she feels about you?

:rofl1: Met. No gifts from you? Not even a cubic zirconia? :shock:

Well I wouldn't call them targets. That's a bit harsh. (Hmm ... interesting)

But cautiously, very cautiously.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
do you attempt to argue with someone on a point using cold logic or do you bring in a human appeal as well? :huh:
I can do both, depending on the context and the person I'm arguing with.

True, true.

INJs are DomNi, remember ;) ? Our main function is a Perceiving one. We just don't show it usually :huh:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
It's simply an indication of Ni in my opinion... INXJs are one of the freest thinking Judgers because of the dominant Ni.

Absolutely, one of the things I take great pride in is my oppeness to possibilities and the ability to see things from outside my little box.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Well I wouldn't call them targets. That's a bit harsh. (Hmm ... interesting)

But cautiously, very cautiously.

That's it! You gave yourself away... INFJ... discussion is over.

(How was my INTJ act? :devil: )