• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bloody IxTPs

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Always thinking about their type. ;)

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Naah, I've settled on ENTJ. That reminds me; I need to put it in my userbar.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Always thinking about their type. ;)
....But, doesn't Myers-Briggs say that all introverts are egocentric in this way? Not necessarily in a selfish manner however first and foremost, introverts want to understand the self and then how they relate to others whereas extraverts want to understand how they relate to objects and the outerworld, then may or may not become introspective. It's the basic principle of introversion/extraversion.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
....But, doesn't Myers-Briggs say that all introverts are egocentric in this way? Not necessarily in a selfish manner however first and foremost, introverts want to understand the self and then how they relate to others whereas extraverts want to understand how they relate to objects and the outerworld, then may or may not become introspective. It's the basic principle of introversion/extraversion.

Yes. The cycle of focus (from start to finish) is:

Introvert = Self -> Outer world -> Self
Extrovert = Outer World -> Self -> Outer World

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe

Actually I was being facetious. So Jenn, were you Fortunato in another life?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

That seems to explain why I'm always looking at how things relate to myself rather than how they relate to each other. It just doesn't seem as important, somehow. I've never understood how someone could be motivated by how things related to each other rather than to oneself.

Oh my, that was incredibly rude of you to ask! Have you no manners? :1377:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
That seems to explain why I'm always looking at how things relate to myself rather than how they relate to each other. It just doesn't seem as important, somehow. I've never understood how someone could be motivated by how things related to each other rather than to oneself.

Apropos my friend as C3PO was a protocol droid.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Then I must be an Introvert.

That idea is biased against the Extraverts. What you're implying is that while Introverts have the ability to understand both themselves and the outerworld, Extraverts understand the outer world okay, but some will never really have a grasp on introspection. Why is that?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes. (Actually, I'm more like "Jenninato" right now.)

Facetious or not, your point was still correct. ;)

Yes, exactly. I think it's important to understand, because introverts can end up feeling like they're selfish because of the starting and ending points being the self. That *can* occur out of selfishness, but in general it just has to be remember that ultimately the introvert does start with herself, then go into the world to collect information, then bring it back to the self's inner world again.

The extrovert automatically starts with the outer world, goes into themselves for a reference point, then maps it back out.

I have no few secrets. (admittedly, it was a little off-topic, though.)

Oh, you make my HEAD spin sometimes... (make up your mind!) You're definitely *not* an ENTJ. :)

That idea is biased against the Extraverts. What you're implying is that while Introverts have the ability to understand both themselves and the outerworld, Extraverts understand the outer world okay, but some will never really have a grasp on introspection. Why is that?

There is no bias at all. You only explored half of the issue.

Extroverts naturally think in terms of the outer world and take time to develop their introversion / the reflective core of their being. They have to actively pull inside to do this.

Introverts have the opposite weakness. They understand the inside of themselves well, but have trouble taking the outer world as a reality of its own, they have to force themselves to stretch out and really examine it and engage it.

Both sides have weaknesses. hence, no bias. The fact that you perceive one? Does that say anything about your instinctive nature and whether you are I/E, depending on where you saw the bias to be?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe

Fine.... introverts may or may not want to understand their external world. Better?

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Yes, but introverts are forced to face and deal with the external world a great deal more than the extravert is forced to be introspective. Hence in average examples of both, the introvert is perhaps slightly more likely to be well-rounded in that regard.

It's just the way the world works.