• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Doubt My Type?

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Okay, so I've taken the label INTP. Does anything about my posts make you think I'm so other type? If so, what type? I might post more about this issue later.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You seem to be an INTP. But you could be any IxTx, from what I've seen of you. I honestly don't know a lot about you, you haven't posted much.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*tents fingers like Mr Burns* yes, tell us about yourself :yes:

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typical INTP thing to come up with.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do you doubt your type?

Somewhat. Whatever also doubts my type. I'd like to look at some INTP profiles before I add more here, and I don't think I'm gonna have time to do that until maybe tomorrow. :thinking:

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If you've read my previous post about fuel tanks, then you'll have some more background as to this great revelation about my type.

I learned today that the Big Five seems to have two factors that correspond to the single MBTI factor T/F . Those factors would be Need for Stability and Accomadation.

High Need for Stability = F and low = T
High Accomdation = F and low = T

Now, I find it quite obvious that I have a low need for stability. A few weeks ago I took a turn too fast while the road was wet, and my car went sliding off the road. I noticed the curb I went up was slanted (not half a foot off the ground like some), and that I didn't hit a small metal post sticking out the ground. Therefore, I just turned the car back onto the road and kept going, not driving much different than I had before. I'm quite unflappable. I know a few people with a Need for Stability that would've totally freaked out if they were in my passenger seat. "Oh my God, you're trying to get us killed."

On the other hand and possibly contrary to popular opinion around here, I tend to be very high in Accomadation. I hardly ever demand my own way, and I just let people be and go with what they want most of the time. I believe this high level of Accomadation could also explain why I turn out an INTP type 9 instead of the usual INTP type 5.

Soooo, when you put all this together, the low Need for Stability would make me like an INTP, and my high Accomdation makes me like an INFP. This would explain my type confusion and why Whatever seems to think I sound more like an INFP. Personally, I find the INTP profiles more accurate, but I would definitely agree with some things found in INFP profiles, although not with the overall descriptoin of INFPs.

Yes, I think I've figured it all out. I'm settling on INTP as my type since it's most accurate.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I believe you if you say you are INTP. I cannot think what else you could be but I find it extremely difficult trying to find persons type online.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I believe you if you say you are INTP. I cannot think what else you could be but I find it extremely difficult trying to find persons type online.

Thank you. You're nice like most ENFPs.

Yes, it IS difficult to type someone online.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
In my opinion, the only other type you might be is INxJ.

redacted

If you've read my previous post about fuel tanks, then you'll have some more background as to this great revelation about my type.

I learned today that the Big Five seems to have two factors that correspond to the single MBTI factor T/F . Those factors would be Need for Stability and Accomadation.

High Need for Stability = F and low = T
High Accomdation = F and low = T

Now, I find it quite obvious that I have a low need for stability. A few weeks ago I took a turn too fast while the road was wet, and my car went sliding off the road. I noticed the curb I went up was slanted (not half a foot off the ground like some), and that I didn't hit a small metal post sticking out the ground. Therefore, I just turned the car back onto the road and kept going, not driving much different than I had before. I'm quite unflappable. I know a few people with a Need for Stability that would've totally freaked out if they were in my passenger seat. "Oh my God, you're trying to get us killed."

On the other hand and possibly contrary to popular opinion around here, I tend to be very high in Accomadation. I hardly ever demand my own way, and I just let people be and go with what they want most of the time. I believe this high level of Accomadation could also explain why I turn out an INTP type 9 instead of the usual INTP type 5.

Soooo, when you put all this together, the low Need for Stability would make me like an INTP, and my high Accomdation makes me like an INFP. This would explain my type confusion and why Whatever seems to think I sound more like an INFP. Personally, I find the INTP profiles more accurate, but I would definitely agree with some things found in INFP profiles, although not with the overall descriptoin of INFPs.

Yes, I think I've figured it all out. I'm settling on INTP as my type since it's most accurate.

i also have really low neuroticism and really high agreeableness. but i don't think either of those two traits correlate extremely strongly with T/F. i know many INTPs with those traits, and i know ENFJs that have high neuroticism and low agreeableness. they really measure different things.

Fe and Fi aren't really about emotions or "feelings" anyways. i like to think of emotions as separate from cognitive functions. i've seen ExFJs that can't openly disagree with anyone and others that don't even flinch when they do. it's true that Fe dominant people are more likely to get emotional about people that disregard social consequences. it's also true that IxTPs probably get very frustrated when they can't extract a logical framework from whatever they're focusing on. but the total amount of neuroticism/agreeableness is totally variable, even among those with the same MBTI types.

it probably correlates much better with enneagram types.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Pleasssseeee.... someone tell me how someone's post can be relative to knowing their type. Even if you disclose an inordinate amount of information about yourself, would not entail that you are extraverted. Many introverts do alot of disclosing to strangers, because it's safe. The average INFJ sounds more rational than most INTPs that I have encountered. I mayyyy be able to pick up IFP tendencies, but really would not know if the poster is being a bit overly sensitive. I would be clueless to how this would be determined. Over the years, people have labeled me INFP, NTJ and even ENTP. Clueless here.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Pleasssseeee.... someone tell me how someone's post can be relative to knowing their type. Even if you disclose an inordinate amount of information about yourself, would not entail that you are extraverted. Many introverts do alot of disclosing to strangers, because it's safe. The average INFJ sounds more rational than most INTPs that I have encountered. I mayyyy be able to pick up IFP tendencies, but really would not know if the poster is being a bit overly sensitive. I would be clueless to how this would be determined. Over the years, people have labeled me INFP, NTJ and even ENTP. Clueless here.
You're having trouble because you can't use your S. Those of us who use N aren't that confounded.

You remind me of my ISTP husband. He's so funny. He can't walk around in the dark at night! I just don't get it! Why can't he just feel his way around like I do? Really, he gets all frustrated and upset, griping and complaining about not being able to see.

Rhadamanthus

MBTI Type
ISTP
He can't walk around in the dark at night! I just don't get it! Why can't he just feel his way around like I do? Really, he gets all frustrated and upset, griping and complaining about not being able to see.

Can you blame him? If humans were meant to walk around in the dark, we'd be born with headlights or better eyes.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, so I've taken the label INTP. Does anything about my posts make you think I'm so other type? If so, what type? I might post more about this issue later.

This doesn't make me doubt your type.

I am curious why you're curious though.

Why?

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
The question is whether you get anywhere speculation someone's type based on thier e-mails. And it so happens, it's a fact that you'll almost always get it wrong.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The question is whether you get anywhere speculation someone's type based on thier e-mails. And it so happens, it's a fact that you'll almost always get it wrong.

A fact eh?
What about when I masqueraded as an ISFP (and didn't change my posting habits) nearly everyone who didn't know my real type picked up instantly that I certainly was not an ISFP. If I do recall, a number of them actually guessed the right one when I didn't immediately relinquish my true type.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Somewhat. Whatever also doubts my type. I'd like to look at some INTP profiles before I add more here, and I don't think I'm gonna have time to do that until maybe tomorrow. :thinking:
For what it's worth, many of us doubt Whatever's type as ESTP. Again the high number of posts and being on this type of forum would be an antithema for ESPs in general, unless they found themselves bedriidden. If that type was have long term stress, they may decide they are INFJ or something, but once they find their way back to, and confirm, their type, they would be out of here. Not because they don't like theory (contrary to popular belief it was never said that ESPs dislike theory, but they dislike any theory that isn't immediately applicable).

Folks reality check, if you are truly introverted people in your real life may find you an enigma. Resorting to someone typing you from your posting habits makes no more sense than determining your personality or future from Palmistry.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
You're having trouble because you can't use your S. Those of us who use N aren't that confounded.
Oh I get what everyone is doing "Mom". What I don't get is why anyone would have the audacity to think that they can type someone in such a manner, in lieu of an in depth knowledge of who this person is in real life. You're merely typing a personna on a forum. Maybe what I am failing to get is that this is actually a game played by those on the forum and your responses are not true opinions of a person, but merely for entertainment purposes only. Otherwise, you're typing from writing style and attempting to correlate it with MBTI.

If I remove the ISTP logo from my information, how many would even consider me anything other than another intuitive? Based on the sterotypes and limited understanding most of us have of type, and the fact that I am on a forum predominated by self-proclaiming intuitives. What else could I be? I get it, I just "DON'T GET IT". I did not make sense to you, did I?