• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or ISFP? I'm confused

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
This just random thoughts that I put together of what I was thinking at the moment. Sorry they’re not in sequence and too lengthy.

I’m not sure whether I’m an INFP or an ISFP, or something else. I’ve been reading a lot of descriptions and both seem to fit me.

I don’t belong to any religious institution. The idea of being confined to one religion’s idea and practice is somewhat nauseating to me. It upsets me seeing people who would do anything just because their religion says so. I detest the idea of doing something just to please someone, may that person be god, and disregard everything else that might matter. When I see someone who is radically religious, my first thought is either “What’s wrong with you, can’t you think for yourself?” or “stop taking context out of your religion and use it to justify your own belief and hurt other people”. But at the same time, I would like to have something to believe in, as to get myself through tough times. I see religion as something to encourage you to do goods to society and yourself, something to sooth your soul, not an excuse to impose ideas on others and condemning them for not having the same belief. :ranting:

I’m a strong egalitarian and I think that everyone should be able to believe and do what they want, assuming they don’t intentionally harm others in the process. I absolutely loathe the idea of doing everything just for the sake of having others’ positive opinions.:ng_mad: Doing things for the sake of other people is fine, as long as you find it fulfilling in the process and not something that you’re obligated to do. I’m thinking of Mother Teresa.

Abstract words and symbolism really attract me even though my language pattern seems to be concrete and straightforward. I do well at reading between the lines, finding meanings of a bizarre picture or situation. I’m usually very analytical.:nerd: I find myself observing people’s actions, and construct a reason why they would do that. Or if someone voices their opinions, I would try to tie it to what they have already said or done before to see if there’s connection, and thus form a generalized idea of how they are.

I live in my heads a lot but I’m not an extremely imaginative person. Instead, I spend a lot of times thinking about how I am, analyzing my own behaviors and thoughts (the same way I do to other people) to explore my core values and the main drive of my choices and actions.

Music is absolutely important to me. I listen mainly for the melodies, and not so much the lyrics. Compared to other people, I’m also not as good as remembering lyrics. Sometimes, listening to a certain song with sad rhythm, I find myself tearing up :cry:, even though the lyrics have nothing to do with me and I don’t connect to them.

David Keirsey states that NFs strive for self-actualization that’s how they get their self-esteem. I have to say the idea of self-actualization is really appealing to me.:wubbie:

I do well in courses that allow me to think freely and not having to be precise and accurate, such as anthropology, psychology, and philosophy. I’m planning to pursue psychology and to become either a university counselor or a psy professor. Courses that allow me to think about the topics, as opposed to actually do something physically, best fit me and I usually flourish in them.

For the most part, I’m an optimistic person. I believe that things would turn out well in the end, somehow. Only when I dwelve deeper into the future (like the next 30 years or so) that I have discouraging and gloomy views :(. I find myself wanting to do many activities, not for recreational purposes, but just for the sake of mastering them. But so far, I have to admit I fail doing most of them by quitting halfway.

Is it possible to be one type but connect more strongly to another?

That was a lot of ranting. I admire anyone who manages to read it all. :)

This is the result for my Enneagram

Type 5 - 9.3
Type 7 - 6.7
Type 6 - 6.3
Type 9 - 6
Type 3 - 6
Type 4 - 5.7

Wing 5w6 - 12.5
Wing 5w4 - 12.2
Wing 6w5 - 11
Wing 4w5 - 10.4
Wing 7w6 - 9.9
Wing 6w7 - 9.7
Wing 3w4 - 8.9
Wing 4w3 - 8.7
Wing 3w2 - 8
Wing 7w8 - 7.9
Wing 9w1 - 7.2
Wing 9w8 - 7.2

and Cognitive Profile

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.1)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.9)
excellent use

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your definitely an INFP. Your contempt for blindly following religion (something a Sensing person would more like do), your egalitarian ethical values, and your appreciation for abstract and theoretical subjects are all highly intutive traits.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of what you write just says Fi, or introverted feeling, the dominant function of both INFPs & ISFPs. So I suggest looking into the other cognitive functions. INFPs use extroverted iNtuition (Ne) as their 2nd function, and ISFPs use extroverted sensing (Se).

Keirsey tends to stereotype a bit much for my taste. Fi-dominant types (IxFPs) tend to be value-focused, and you'll find both strive for self-improvement. ISFPs just tend to talk about it in less, well, convoluted terms :D.

My best guess right now would be INFP, with rather strong tert-Si. It looks like you're a type 5 enneagram, which is more likely INFP than ISFP also.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say INFP.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Your definitely an INFP. Your contempt for blindly following religion (something a Sensing person would more like do), your egalitarian ethical values, and your appreciation for abstract and theoretical subjects are all highly intutive traits.
The thing is I find other ISFPs capable of doing these as well. Could this result from their tertiary function Ni? I think that I might actually be an ISFP with a developed N.

BTW, my avatar just refuses to show up:huh:. How did you get yours? I thought it's because I didn't have enough posts but guess not.

Keirsey tends to stereotype a bit much for my taste. Fi-dominant types (IxFPs) tend to be value-focused, and you'll find both strive for self-improvement. ISFPs just tend to talk about it in less, well, convoluted terms :D.

My best guess right now would be INFP, with rather strong tert-Si. It looks like you're a type 5 enneagram, which is more likely INFP than ISFP also.

I thought that was a value only NFs find important, and SPs only care about "life is short so why spend time worrying." Thanks for clearing it up, because it's been creating a lot of confusion for me.
Can an ISFP happen to enjoy theoretical discussion more than being involved in an activity? Even though I find myself thinking more than doing, most of my thoughts are grounded on how I can eventually use them. So even if I think about religion or philosophy such as existentialism, it's mostly to use it guide myself so that when I face obstacles, I know where they stem from and how to deal with them.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
BTW, my avatar just refuses to show up:huh:. How did you get yours? I thought it's because I didn't have enough posts but guess not.

There's a size limit
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 175 by 300 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller)

Oh, and I think you're N instead of S too. Do you tend to reminisce past experiences or just enjoy the present?

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, I definantly get an INFP vibe from you. (Especially when you started your post with "This just random thoughts that I put together of what I was thinking at the moment. Sorry they’re not in sequence and too lengthy." :D )

It's not unusal for an INFP to sometimes test ISFP. (I've tested ISFP a few times.) I can certainly agree and relate with a lot of the things you've said, so this is another reason why I think you're INFP. :D

KDude

The thing is I find other ISFPs capable of doing these as well. Could this result from their tertiary function Ni? I think that I might actually be an ISFP with a developed N. .

It could possibly be Ni (I've been confused myself on being ISFP btw).

Lenore Thomson (an MBTI author) would say the need to break from any particular expression/affialiation is Fi and Fi alone.. Where Fi at times isn't individualistic per se, but sees it's values in principled (rather than merely peculiar or sentimental), universal terms.

Moral choices prompted by Introverted Feeling are not derived from legal principles or social obligations that accrue to our roles in the world. They're derived from the subjective experience of being human, our will to deal with a situation in terms of human ideals. [..] Introverted Feeling bypasses structural considerations and puts human value first.

As for religion, many INFPs can be religiously affiliated themselves (although it's on their own terms too).

Anyways, I think it's best to forget about what seperates ISFP and INFP on a Fi level, but on the nature of perception. If you're more aware of everything going on around you more, "in touch with the object itself", prefer what's realistically/immediately available, more open to options in the present circumstances, in the moment, and generally, the kind of person who generally doesn't connect other random ideas or possibilities to the context, but likes to "get down to business" with what's there... that's more Se. Everyone can have a little of both, but the difference is preference. A Ne type is in a sort of "mental shortcut" mode, seeing patterns and impressions instead, rather than detail..they can stop and be detail oriented, but it seems like most would say that requires more conscious effort (rather than natural affinity).

Extraverted Intuition is so rapid and flexible an instrument that ENPs can operate like scanners, moving their attention widely over the environment, getting the gist of anything that happens to interest them. Such types are usually informed generalists, have a broad range of pursuits, basic knowledge about many things, and the ability to hold their own in a conversation about any of them.

The above is describing Ne dom, but it would apply to Ne in general, I think. It's kind of "Cliffnotes-like" in a way.

Uh, there's a lot more to say here actually, but I'll cut it short. Hope it helps.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hi!

one, i agree with the above about Ne :laugh:

two -
Goosebump said:
Is it possible to be one type but connect more strongly to another?
absolutely. think for a second of type-diving lines as cutoffs, like in a grid laid over a scatterplot. naturally some points (people) will tend to be close to a certain line (like the division between Se and Ne). i suspect you are INFP, but almost everything you wrote in the OP was Fi-related. i wasn't at all surprised to see it was your strongest function by far, lol :)

incidentally, what your cognitive profile suggests based on that quiz is not that you're ISFP, but rather INFP with strong usage/development of Si. this is not all that uncommon - i have a highly used tert function too. i suspect that if you happen to find yourself in an environment where your tertiary is particularly useful, you will tend to develop it more. so then, of course, it is also possible that you are an ISFP with highly used Ni. perhaps a good way to analyze it may be to look at what roles S and N seem to play for you - the aux role will be a guide/support, while the tert plays a "relief" role - helping if the first two functions are overburdened - and many describe their tertiary as something that seems to be able to be turned on/off at will, while the aux function is more automatic.

also, here is Ne, Si vs. Se, Ni (from cognitiveprocesses.com):

of course you are Fi-dominant --

It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

so then the question is which combination below better fits you...

the Ne, Si of INFP --

Extraverted iNtuiting involves noticing hidden meanings and interpreting them, often entertaining a wealth of possible interpretations from just one idea or interpreting what someone’s behavior really means. It also involves seeing things “as if,” with various possible representations of reality. Using this process, we can juggle many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our mind at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and threads together. We don’t know the weave until a thought thread appears or is drawn out in the interaction of thoughts, often brought in from other contexts. Thus a strategy or concept often emerges from the here-and-now interactions, not appearing as a whole beforehand. Using this process we can really appreciate brainstorming and trust what emerges, enjoying imaginative play with scenarios and combining possibilities, using a kind of cross-contextual thinking. Extraverted iNtuiting also can involve catalyzing people and extemporaneously shaping situations, spreading an atmosphere of change through emergent leadership.
and
Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

OR

the Se, Ni of ISFP --

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.
and
Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.

KDude

It's funny how it balances out.. I think the Si might lend an INFP to be romantic, retro, or antiquated in some areas. While the ISFP might be pioneering, or avant-garde-ish, or just plain outright weird, because of Ni. I don't think any squares belong to either type though :tongue:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's funny how it balances out.. I think the Si might lend an INFP to be romantic, retro, or antiquated in some areas. While the ISFP might be pioneering, or avant-garde-ish, or just plain outright weird, because of Ni. I don't think any squares belong to either type though :tongue:

:yes:

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
It could possibly be Ni (I've been confused myself on being ISFP btw).

Anyways, I think it's best to forget about what seperates ISFP and INFP on a Fi level, but on the nature of perception. If you're more aware of everything going on around you more, "in touch with the object itself", prefer what's realistically/immediately available, more open to options in the present circumstances, in the moment, and generally, the kind of person who generally doesn't connect other random ideas or possibilities to the context, but likes to "get down to business" with what's there... that's more Se. Everyone can have a little of both, but the difference is preference. A Ne type is in a sort of "mental shortcut" mode, seeing patterns and impressions instead, rather than detail..they can stop and be detail oriented, but it seems like most would say that requires more conscious effort (rather than natural affinity).

So are you saying that it doesn't really matter what my interests are and what I find myself doing often, but whether I prefer to use Ne or Se, which ever comes more effortlessly? :huh:

Because I'm not really attracted to sad things like many INFPs seems to. I love to dance and you would find me busting into random moves while listenting to songs. My INFP cousin can stand Seattle and loves living there. But I can't because weather conditions affect my mood. I usually feel more down on a gloomy, cloudy day, as opposed to clear, sunny weather.

And I'm unsure about me placing harmony as a priority. When I believe in something, I usually state it out, despite creating some irritation and tension to people around me. In arguments, I usually don't back down, unless the person starts crying and yelling, then I will withdraw. But if I see people close to me start doing so, it troubles me greatly.

INFPs and tend to be perceived as very compassionate people. Sometimes people would call me cold, mean, even heartless. But this could be because I don't express my love and concern they way they expect me too. Also, it's difficult confiding in people. Is this an INFP trait, or applicable to any IXFP?

I also tend to say, "That's good enough" and not that much of a perfectionist like my INFP cousin. :/

There's a size limit

Oh, and I think you're N instead of S too. Do you tend to reminisce past experiences or just enjoy the present?

My picture is only 119 x 101, and 4KB. :(

I sometimes reminisce past experiences but hate it when I do. For the most part, I'm trying to enjoy the present, though sometimes it proves difficult.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
hi!

one, i agree with the above about Ne :laugh:

two -

absolutely. think for a second of type-diving lines as cutoffs, like in a grid laid over a scatterplot. naturally some points (people) will tend to be close to a certain line (like the division between Se and Ne). i suspect you are INFP, but almost everything you wrote in the OP was Fi-related. i wasn't at all surprised to see it was your strongest function by far, lol :)

incidentally, what your cognitive profile suggests based on that quiz is not that you're ISFP, but rather INFP with strong usage/development of Si. this is not all that uncommon - i have a highly used tert function too. i suspect that if you happen to find yourself in an environment where your tertiary is particularly useful, you will tend to develop it more. so then, of course, it is also possible that you are an ISFP with highly used Ni. perhaps a good way to analyze it may be to look at what roles S and N seem to play for you - the aux role will be a guide/support, while the tert plays a "relief" role - helping if the first two functions are overburdened - and many describe their tertiary as something that seems to be able to be turned on/off at will, while the aux function is more automatic.

Hmm, from the information you provided, I seem to be an ISFP. I would rather absorb myself in music than thinking hard about something. I usually discover a pattern and a new realization while relaxing, as opposed to forcing myself to think. When becoming uncomfortable with new idea, I would rely on Si to pull me back and put me in my comfort zone.

It is possible that I'm a repressed INFP though. Living in an SJ family, my mom has always told me to being so "out there". For the record, I am very forgetful and this has caused her many troubles in the past.

See, I don't consider myself romantic and retro-like. I've never found retro fashion appealing. Sappy love stories annoy me, as I think they are basically telling lies and give people a false sense of reality . I can see myself being pioneering and weird however :D, not so much avant-garde-ish as you describe.

KDude

So are you saying that it doesn't really matter what my interests are and what I find myself doing often, but whether I prefer to use Ne or Se, which ever comes more effortlessly? :huh:

Because I'm not really attracted to sad things like many INFPs seems to. I love to dance and you would find me busting into random moves while listenting to songs. My INFP cousin can stand Seattle and loves living there. But I can't because weather conditions affect my mood. I usually feel more down on a gloomy, cloudy day, as opposed to clear, sunny weather.

And I'm unsure about me placing harmony as a priority. When I believe in something, I usually state it out, despite creating some irritation and tension to people around me. In arguments, I usually don't back down, unless the person starts crying and yelling, then I will withdraw. But if I see people close to me start doing so, it troubles me greatly.

INFPs and tend to be perceived as very compassionate people. Sometimes people would call me cold, mean, even heartless. But this could be because I don't express my love and concern they way they expect me too. Also, it's difficult confiding in people. Is this an INFP trait, or applicable to any IXFP?

I also tend to say, "That's good enough" and not that much of a perfectionist like my INFP cousin. :/

Uh, I don't think INFPs are necessarily attracted to sad things. Does Audrey Hepburn or Romeo seem particularly sad?

Granted, Romeo killed himself... but umm... before that, I mean.

I've got my share of things that weigh on me, but I don't really consider myself an emokid. I'm not even a kid, for that matter (I'm sad about that though. :p).

INFPs speak up when they have to. Johnny Depp may be one and he started wildly threatening papparazzi who showed up at the hospital his daughter was born at. Joan of Arc raised an army against the English. In most descriptions, she'd listed as a prototypical one. That's a bit dramatic, but you get the point... I think?

If you're heartless though, then I don't know. Not good, my man ;) Maybe just hang around and read up more.. see where you fit. There's no rush. Also, your words "false sense of reality" doesn't sound very INFPish.. for what it's worth.

edit: Oops.. I don't even know if you're a man or not. Sorry if not :)

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
^ it's just a description I read somewhere and happen to remember. Good to have it cleared up. :)

And I don't consider myself heartless, btw, selfish maybe. I receive that comment when someone close to me start crying because I refuse to do what they want, and I don't do or say anything. This comes back to me being stubborn and thinking it was their fault making a big deal of out this in the first place, so why should I apologize? I do realize my pride gets in the way of many things before.

I'm also aware that doesn't sound INFPish. I think I might be a hybrid. :ohmy:
and I'm a gal btw. :D

EDIT: I think I picked a wrong choice of words. What I mean was I don't like them because they put people's expectations up too high, thus when they face a real romantic situation and see that it's not up to their par, become highly disappointed and distressed over it. I enjoy Howl's Moving Castle, a lot, even though the actual situation is not possible, but the chemistry between them is very real. :)

EDIT: no problem done. :D

KDude

Yeah, I pretty much fall in that unrealistic category..

I think I may be hybrid myself though (and between you and me, I think this whole site is full of hybrids).

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I've been lurking on this site for a while and notice many people who seem to change their MBTI type a couple of times. And they really do can pass off for more than one type.

Think I'm either a practical INFP or an analytical ISFP.

Well, there are many criticisms to the theories so...

What makes you unsure of being an INFP?

KDude

I've been confused on IFP in general (and wondered if I'm E or J), because I could be cold when I was younger too (not really coldheartedness.. just aggression.. I couldn't be completely cold.. I'd usually end up apologizing or getting very non-serious eventually). That kind of thing confuses me too, but I've kind of moved away from thinking of types being so restricted like that. Saying one type can't be angtsy or defensive is not a professional or common opinion for ISFP or INFP in literature/among experts.

As for being confused on S. My first post here was like yours, wondering if I was S or N. I've retyped myself a couple of times, but it's been due to lack of information (partly my fault), false dichotomies, etc.. Also, I grew up learning what I thought were "S" things or even "Ti" things. Sports, fixing technical issues, etc.. But people can push themselves to do anything they want, I think (barring physical limitations). It's a matter of where your natural/unconscious preferences are.

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I understand. So if I'm not wrong, your point is every type is capable of doing/feeling everythings other can, just with less or more ease. No particular action or judgment is reserved for only one type and not other.

I'm wondering if there are any particular articles do you find most helpful for your decision?

Also, after taking many people's posts into consideration, I decided that I'm an ISFP. This post really speaks to me:

I truly believe a person should be free to change as 'the spirit' moves them. I dislike making promises, [generally] speaking in absolutes, or having to decide on anything until it's happening in the actual moment. But what actually keeps me from following all of my impulses at the expense of others happens to be Fi. I'll scold myself for being too selfish and possibly hurting others, because both of those things are against my values. I'd have no choice but to suck it up and go.

Two ESFPs I know are the same way; very optimistic, very happy-go-lucky, short memory, hate to be brought down by 'whiners' and pessimists. On the other hand, so are several of the xSFJs I know. I'm the only one who doesn't mind dealing with people who are less than very positive and forward-moving.

I will concede to the bolded, but I consider myself very empathetic, almost to a fault. I simply don't go out of my way to help and be involved with others unless I'm super stressed.

Sorry for crashing the thread, by the way. :unsure:

My coldness usually results from me being unable to express my sympathy or my lack of offers to help. I feel deeply for someone and empathize with that person strongly, but I feel uncomfortable expressing to that person how I feel. I feel connected to an acquaintance once and offer my empathy to him, hearing his talk his difficulty connecting with strangers. He probably did not want it because he never responded back. From then on, it's hard for me showing sympathy to people, out of the fear of rejection or annoying them. As a defense mechanism, I usually try to push my empathy aside. At the time, I rather seem cold than to have my feeling hurt.

I'm aware that I have a fairly weak Fe, and that probably explains my usual clash with my ESFJ mom, who often complains that I don't reach out to help her unless she asks me to. This also have embarrassed my friends sometimes, who perceived what I said or did in public as just plain weird.

I'll probably have more identity crisis in the future :tongue: But right now, I'm just going with ISFP because it feels more right.