• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What MBTI and/or Enneagram do I sound like?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doubtful. People with higher Je are more mentally organized than people with higher Ji and are much better at verbalizing. Someone with lower Ji who was uncomfortable using it would simply default to their higher Je function and you'd see the Ji function in flashes throughout. The fact he was using Ti consistently bespeaks it being a higher function. The fact speech was uncomfortable for him says it's probably dominant.

He's ISTP.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, you're an ISTP. The gestures coupled with your need to make sure your stories are told in full and in order. Ti and Se going into 'story time' mode.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My impression is ISTJ.

Are you high?

The dude rolls out of bed when he's supposed to be at work. With circles under his eyes.

My INFJ boss FLIPS if anyone comes even 2 minutes late. I have to get there early to avoid the headache. (Of course, I put the extra early minutes on my time sheet. :devil:)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you high?

The dude rolls out of bed when he's supposed to be at work. With circles under his eyes.

My INFJ boss FLIPS if anyone comes even 2 minutes late. I have to get there early to avoid the headache. (Of course, I put the extra early minutes on my time sheet. :devil:)

It helps to read the whole thread. ;)
And J stereotypes can be just that....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you high?

It is possible for a J to be a bum. The laziest human being I've ever met is ISTJ.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is possible for a J to be a bum. The laziest human being I've ever met is ISTJ.

Must be a tiny J then. I mean, I'm a P and I schedule things to the minute. I HATE being late and HATE falling behind schedule.

I don't even like sleeping past 8:00 a.m. on the weekends. It's just disgusting. Sickly. Unproductive. My INFJ boss feels guilty if he sleeps past 5:30 a.m.

And this guy just seems too much of a carefree/open-ended (euphemisms!) attitude, like "meh. Whatevs. Shit'll happen when it happens" to be a J.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Must be a tiny J then.
J isn't about a sliding scale, it's about functional orientation. I generally score ENTJ on dichotomy tests, but I'm not ENTJ, because I have no Ni whatsoever. Like -- none, at, fucking, all.

And didn't we just established you could be ENTJ? ;)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
J isn't about a sliding scale, it's about functional orientation. I generally score ENTJ on dichotomy tests, but I'm not ENTJ, because I have no Ni whatsoever. Like -- none, at, fucking, all.

And didn't we just established you could be ENTJ? ;)

TAG. You're the stalker! (again)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're stalking each other it seems...

Maybe we can do more than stalk.
33edfeaa.gif

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
Yeah, you're an ISTP. The gestures coupled with your need to make sure your stories are told in full and in order. Ti and Se going into 'story time' mode.

"Story time" mode. That sums me up right there. I get into "story time" mode as often as I can and love doing it. If Ti and Se are what go into "story time" mode, then that would most likely be me.

Also, I might have been uncomfortable speaking at the camera. I do a lot better talking to someone. It's easier for me to talk when the person is talking back.

I have 3 other things to tell about that I'd like to make a video of, if only just for a blog of sorts.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generally speaking, IxxJs are much better at talking than IxxPs, because their thoughts are more well-organized. they just have a preference for their introverted perception process and thus don't like talking. So, IxxPs will usually be louder, but a lot more scattered, whereas IxxJs talk more smoothly, but are quieter.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Don't "modify" yourself to fit a certain type!

It's all about how you'd act naturally without thinking about it. Imagine someone dragged you out of your bed at 4 a.m. to gab. Would you sound "organized"?

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I understand and am not modifying myself. I watched the first videos and noticed that I didn't sound very much like I normally am when I'm talking to people. It sounded awkward because I was in front of a camera. I tried to relax and be how I am when talking to another person. I maybe became "in front of the camera" calm and not normal, but I think it is closer to natural.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I was noticing things I do often and wanted to talk about them in case they would impact the determination of my type at all.

I sometimes deliberately misinterpret things people say just so they can correct me. Example:

"I need to buy some pads."
"Yeah? So you don't skin your knees in case you fall off your bike?"
"No. It's that time of month."
"I know. It's almost payday so we can afford them."

I often come up with bogus things to explain happenings. Example:

"Why is it so windy today?"
"I don't know. Maybe the people that happen to be facing us are coincidentally breathing more in sync today."

or

"Did you answer me?"
"Yes."
"I didn't hear you."
"Hmm. Maybe the air particles were too busy vibrating from the sound waves of all the other sounds in the environment that they couldn't also vibrate in a way to transmit my answer at the same time. One can only vibrate in so many different ways at once."

When a passenger in a car, I used to look out the window at the telephone poles and lines. The lines appeared to stay still while the poles would go by. I'd imagine the lines were floating and needed to be black all the time, so the poles, which resembled paint brushes, would need to be going by and painting a fresh coat of paint onto the lines each time.

When watching commercials, I notice things other than what the advertisers were trying to convey. Like I'll watch a life insurance one and all the images or scenes are of families going fishing with smiles on their faces or welcoming visiting relatives into their homes... with smiles on their faces. Apparently everyone with life insurance are Es and Fs. But besides that, I watch the commercial and I am unable to pay attention to what the narrator is actually saying about life insurance because I'm too distracted by how the scenes have NOTHING to do with what is being said. I also see things like a cartoon depiction of an animal or something and think of how it is just black lines with different colors between them and our brains interpret it as an animal. I imagine that being real and wonder how it would function that way. I also think things like "why am I reacting so strongly to this pain? It's just some electrical signal telling my brain to give me this sensation. It's not real" or "I'm only feeling angry because some instinct that my brain developed is producing some chemical in reaction to what just happened."

When having an argument and I start to feel upset and want to say something mean or hurtful because of it, I think of how the other person would respond and how it would just end up making me upset more as a result, so I say something different to hopefully result in a different outcome.

I'm very observant in some ways, and not at all in others. I'll notice how the base of the Jesus on a cross statue on someone's desk looks like an upside-down Reese's candy when the person who owns the desk never noticed it, but I'll notice something in my house that I walk by every day and realize that the last time I actually looked at it and noticed it was more than a month ago.

I don't like planning things and don't like having to stick to a routine of tasks I do, but each individual task has a routine that I stick to when doing them. Example:

When unloading the dishwasher, I start with the bottom tray first. On the bottom tray, I start with the silverware tray first. In the silverware tray, I put away the large stuff that doesn't go into the silverware drawer first, then the actual silverware. The rest of the stuff on the bottom tray doesn't have an order. When that is done, I do the top tray. On this tray, I start on the left in the back and grab that thing. I grab any other parts that need to go with it, such as a lid. Other cups that are of the same type count as other parts. I then go down the row until I find another thing that goes in the same drawer or cupboard as the one I have and grab that one and put them both away. I leave any cupboard or drawer open until there are no more items that go in them. This is sort of a fun process for me to do and I enjoy sticking to the routine.

I apply human characteristics to inanimate objects. When a TV is on and no one is watching, I think about how the TV is trying it's absolute hardest to do the very best job of accurately reproducing the complex pattern of pixels every split second, not to mention the same level of precision for the audio, and it is performing this task perfectly... and no one is seeing it. When I see pillars or some other form of foundation or support holding up huge amounts of weight, I think of how it has to always hold up all that weight, day and night, year after year, without ever getting a rest and how bad that must suck. I see trees in the cold wind and rain and imagine how it must be to always be outside in that all the time. I see aquatic animals in cold water and think how it must really suck to be in cold water constantly and never be warm. They are never warm. Imagine never in your life being warm. Always cold. When something is baking in the oven or cooking on the stove, I think of how horribly painful that would be to be in there. And then when we take it out, I think how it must be relieved to be out of there and be able to cool off. But then 10 minutes later it is still too hot to touch. I can't even touch it for more than a second. But it was that hot for almost an hour. Imagine being that hot for that long. It's horrible. I think things types of things on a very regular basis. I know it isn't real and I don't really take it seriously, but I entertain these types of thoughts all the time.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some thoughts:

1) I'm not seeing too much Ti, but I am seeing a fair few Ne random tangents. In particular, seeing something and having it remind you of something else is very Ne (the cross statue/Reese's cup comparison).
2) You seem to have been... planning this discussion (thinking of things to say), which is rather Te-ish.
3) Your overall behavior, as you tell it, makes you look like an introvert, but given your tendency to ramble you could just be a weakly expressed extrovert.

So from that, I would say your most likely type is ESTJ.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, I thought I saw a lot of Ne in his original posts.

Now I think he just does a lot of drugs.

He's possibly mentally ill.

Thoroughly untypable.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
Some thoughts:

1) I'm not seeing too much Ti, but I am seeing a fair few Ne random tangents. In particular, seeing something and having it remind you of something else is very Ne (the cross statue/Reese's cup comparison).
2) You seem to have been... planning this discussion (thinking of things to say), which is rather Te-ish.
3) Your overall behavior, as you tell it, makes you look like an introvert, but given your tendency to ramble you could just be a weakly expressed extrovert.

So from that, I would say your most likely type is ESTJ.
I seem very Ne but I'm still Te-Si?

As far as planning the post... the whole idea of my type has been on and off my mind ever since starting this topic. As a result of that combined with the wide range of types I've been thought to be, I've been noticing what things I typically do and think about that I normally wouldn't notice. After noticing a fair amount of things that I never mentioned before, I thought it would be beneficial to post the things I've noticed. I didn't really plan out what I wanted to say. I just had a general idea with some things in mind. When I sat down to type it, I typed one sentence and then paced around the living room for about an hour trying to think of an example for how I deliberately misinterpret things. I ended up going to bed because it was 2 in the morning.

Today it took me another good hour to think of one and I worked on the post off and on throughout the day as I helped my fiancée clean up the house. When I finally finished it, it had logged me out and had an error when posting once I logged back on. It didn't have it there when I hit "Back" and I had to re-type the whole thing. I remembered most of what I typed so it was easy for the most part, but while doing so, I thought of other things to add and ended up with 2 more paragraphs. How does that fit with Te planning? Still qualify?

Yes, I do ramble quite a bit when talking with someone I'm comfortable with, which usually means they are interested in me and will listen to what I say. I guess it's rare for me to find someone like that, so when I do, I let it all out. Online I am more open because I don't care what people think about me as much.

Yeah, I thought I saw a lot of Ne in his original posts.

Now I think he just does a lot of drugs.

He's possibly mentally ill.

Thoroughly untypable.
:rolleyes2: No drugs here, dude. I hate alcohol. Tried a bunch of different types and didn't like any of them. Been drunk once and hated it. That's actually a funny story. I've only smoked cigarettes second-hand. Had one puff of marijuana. Never had any other types of drugs before.

Mentally ill is funny. Thoroughly untypable, while giving me a positive feeling of being unique and confirming my belief that I'm too different to be typed by a psychological system, isn't an answer I'll accept easily.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I'd really like to see what other opinions are regarding this because I don't know nearly enough about the inter workings of any of the systems to agree or disagree with them. Sorry for the length:

Idec Sdawkminn said:
I'm sure I'm an INTP. I'd be interested to see if you had a different type for me, but I fear I haven't posted much on this forum for you to be familiar with my personality.

I am curious, though, what you would get from my story I posted in the Creative Expressions subforum.

Technical said:

Idec Sdawkminn said:
Interesting. What leads you to believe I make decisions based more on emotion than logic?

Also, did you read any of the story?

Technical said:
That there is a story is enough.

Technical said:
I consider what I've observed, and among that are trends such that Feelers tend to both produce evidence of their supposed tendency toward logic, and also do not realize that a Feeling preference doesn't imply low intelligence.

Idec Sdawkminn said:
That makes sense. I'm not opposed to the idea of me really being a Feeler. From what I've read, you sound like you know what you are talking about. What doesn't make sense to me, then, is why every description I've read pins me at least 80% as INTP. Are you saying that everyone has the description of INTP wrong? Also, if I am INFP, why would I view myself as a T? Why would I test as a T?

Estelore said:
*raises hand* If I may:
I freely admit that the methods I use to type people, while achieving similar results to Technical's methods, are dissimilar to his in practise, chiefly because I do not define a clear system for them. One of the things I do day in and day out is analyze people's speech patterns, and for most people I can tell within ten minutes of conversation, spoken or typed, rather exactly how the other person thinks and functions.

Going simply on your speech patterns, syntax, diction, and semantics:
"That makes sense." = typical of NF. For NT, if it makes sense, it's obvious that it makes sense, and it is assumed that the person making sense is aware of their sense-making. Ergo, very rarely does a true NT openly state that something makes sense. They may weakly-smile-and-nod to perpetuate the conversation, but they typically wait for open prompts to speak directly.

"I'm not opposed to the idea of me really being a Feeler." = Once again, NF. In this case, it's an act of placation and unconscious self-promotion in the hope of being viewed as more logical by "lacking bias". It actually stresses the existing bias.

"From what I've read, you sound like you know what you are talking about." = FJ styled placation this time; this is the unintended flattery-without-giving-ground. You're acknowledging another's competence in some area in which you yourself have no particular expertise, but you don't really want to state openly that the other person knows more than you know. In the event that the 'expert' is wrong and you went with his statements anyway, you want plausible deniability. Instead of "You know what you are talking about", which is very obvious flattery, you include "sound like" to diminish the intensity of the statement, and you include "from what I've read" to look like you educated yourself on the subject in advance.

"What doesn't make sense to me, then, is why every description I've read pins me at least 80% as INTP." = NFJ; You've received conflicting evidence from more than one source, and of the two, only the one you'd rather not believe has comparative objectivity. It makes you defensive, and you challenge the least-preferred evidence-giver to explain why it disagrees.

"Are you saying that everyone has the description of INTP wrong?" = FFFFF. If you read the last few pages of the thread, Technical had actually confirmed several INTPs before you posted this. I'm not saying you didn't read anything, of course; it is clear, however, that you skimmed or are attempting to apply an argument that you see as logic (and which really is not). Application of absolutes and generalities (everyone, wrong) and transference of supposed guilt/accountability (Are YOU saying?) are heavily F factors, and the absolutes also contain a powerful measure of J.

"Also, if I am INFP, why would I view myself as a T? Why would I test as a T?" = IFFFFF. I freely admit that I'm an INFJ-in-denial. People who consider themselves T tend to take pride in the fact that their thoughts are somehow better or clearer than those of Fs, and when they are called F, they take umbrage at it.

From strictly a speech-pattern standpoint, the habit of repeating a question immediately after
stating it implies vehemence of emotionality toward the subject. The T says, "I'm trying to understand; tell me more." The F says, "[Please] explain to me how I'm wrong! How am I wrong?"; this puts supposed responsibility on the person challenged to present an answer that the F will accept, or else 'lose' the 'debate'.

Remember, 1. I say none of this in offence. 2. I say all of this from the position of a person with a long history of recognizing and analyzing patterns in English language. 3. I hold no personal feeling toward you whatsoever beyond the simple desire to offer my views of the subject that you might have a better view of it yourself.

Edited for spacing to avoid wall-of-text.

Technical said:
You know, I was thinking INFJ could possibly be a better fit than INFP myself. And you're as smart as I am. I don't say that very often at all.

Estelore said:
Presuming you're speaking to Yours Truly, thank you and ditto.
If you're not, disregard this post, naturally.

My first suspicion for him to be INFJ was the fact that within two sentences of his first post, my immediate thought was, "Ye Saints, the fellow talks like a member of INTJforum!"
So many members there walk an incredibly fine line between T and F that they might as well be totally F, because of the two, it tends to override. A feeler can think solid thoughts and still feel with perfect ease, but a thinker with too much feeling loses much in the way of precision, because he/she applies unconscious biases to things that aren't even personally relevant. *cough*Yours Truly*cough

I never considered him remotely P. Sorry. He's open-minded to a decent extent, but he is also too vehement for it.

Estelore said:
INTPs don't talk as much as we do. They say as much, but they are concise and unrepetitive.

Have you noticed how wordy I am? How prolix you are? How verbose are so many other FJs-in-disguise on this forum?
Yes, we are incredibly precise in speech, but only because each time we repeat ourselves, we are refining meaning a little bit further.
INTPs are precise by saying exactly and simply the first time. One-liners are frequent and sufficient.

Also, you're definitely not INFP. The closest INFP equivalent to your mindset, you'd be a good bit more flexible on this, and you'd think of yourself as INTJ instead of INTP, anyway.

The number one reason for the INFJ, though:
You state yourself that you desire to understand yourself AND OTHERS AROUND YOU.
For the INTP, the problem is being understood, not understanding. Their obliviosity to emotions in others makes them bad at communicating to emotional types. You, on the other hand, are incredibly good at conveying what you mean, both to me (another INFJ) and to Technical (an INTP), and you have not displayed the oblivious inconsiderateness of the TP, that blithe unawareness of emotion that isn't intended as an insult but often succeeds at it.

Your combination of adept courtesy and desire to understand OTHERS, your verbosity and articulation, and your F showing up throughout your speech collectively point unmistakably (to me, if to nobody else) at INFJ-with-a-T-nearly-but-not-quite-balanced, 100% certain at this point. I don't claim that very often, but you are far too similar to how I've been for me to mistake it.

(some posts removed for length's sake)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Did you type the same story that is in this forum in that forum?