• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What MBTI and/or Enneagram do I sound like?

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
Yes. I don't remember which one it was, but it was 1 of the 2 I have posted on this forum. The chronologically earlier one is in the Arts and Entertainment subforum and the latest one is in the SP blogs one.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The only problem I can find with Estelore's statement is that some of what he comments on can only be identified through physical contact. The immediate example is when he points out the difference between NF and NT and how NT's will merely nod and wait for you to continue. No one can see each others faces so in order for progress to be understood we need to vocalize it. That's all I got right now.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So much of what I saw on your video and from reading your OP here, is ISTP. I say this because it's that delicate feeling I get with Ni. I also say this, because from appearances, you dress the same way as my ISTP boyfriend, and your OP reads very similar to his character too. However, I also do believe that you have a close S and N, due to the fact that you don't like to have unresolved issues with your fiance'.

Regarding your I and your E, I'd say you are an introvert. I get the feeling that you recharge your batteries from time alone, or online. Your fiance's need for attention from you, stems from her F, and you likely find it difficult to be in the moment with her on her "feeling" level.

Either way, I still see you as an ISTP slash INTP. What are your thoughts on my assessment? :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I seem very Ne but I'm still Te-Si?
You also seem quite concrete and strategically-minded.

As far as planning the post... the whole idea of my type has been on and off my mind ever since starting this topic. As a result of that combined with the wide range of types I've been thought to be, I've been noticing what things I typically do and think about that I normally wouldn't notice. After noticing a fair amount of things that I never mentioned before, I thought it would be beneficial to post the things I've noticed. I didn't really plan out what I wanted to say. I just had a general idea with some things in mind. When I sat down to type it, I typed one sentence and then paced around the living room for about an hour trying to think of an example for how I deliberately misinterpret things. I ended up going to bed because it was 2 in the morning.

Today it took me another good hour to think of one and I worked on the post off and on throughout the day as I helped my fiancée clean up the house. When I finally finished it, it had logged me out and had an error when posting once I logged back on. It didn't have it there when I hit "Back" and I had to re-type the whole thing. I remembered most of what I typed so it was easy for the most part, but while doing so, I thought of other things to add and ended up with 2 more paragraphs. How does that fit with Te planning? Still qualify?
Sounds like Te + Ne interplay to me.

Yes, I do ramble quite a bit when talking with someone I'm comfortable with, which usually means they are interested in me and will listen to what I say. I guess it's rare for me to find someone like that, so when I do, I let it all out. Online I am more open because I don't care what people think about me as much.
This is interesting. Do you find that talking, generally speaking, tires you out, or energizes you over time?

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
So much of what I saw on your video and from reading your OP here, is ISTP. I say this because it's that delicate feeling I get with Ni. I also say this, because from appearances, you dress the same way as my ISTP boyfriend, and your OP reads very similar to his character too. However, I also do believe that you have a close S and N, due to the fact that you don't like to have unresolved issues with your fiance'.

Regarding your I and your E, I'd say you are an introvert. I get the feeling that you recharge your batteries from time alone, or online. Your fiance's need for attention from you, stems from her F, and you likely find it difficult to be in the moment with her on her "feeling" level.

Either way, I still see you as an ISTP slash INTP. What are your thoughts on my assessment? :)
I think it is sound. However, with my newest video, I got people saying they see a lot of Ni with some Se and slight Ti. That seems like a weird combination. The large amount of Ni sticks out, though.
This is interesting. Do you find that talking, generally speaking, tires you out, or energizes you over time?
Talking doesn't tire me out or energize me. It's not the talking that does it. It tires me out if I have to think of things I don't want to talk about or answer, and it energizes me when I'm talking about something I want to talk about. I can talk and talk and talk until people are tired of it if it is on a subject I'm interested in, but any other time, I'd rather just be left alone and to keep quiet.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Talking doesn't tire me out or energize me. It's not the talking that does it. It tires me out if I have to think of things I don't want to talk about or answer, and it energizes me when I'm talking about something I want to talk about. I can talk and talk and talk until people are tired of it if it is on a subject I'm interested in, but any other time, I'd rather just be left alone and to keep quiet.
Sounds like Ne dominance to me. Ne-doms generally dislike social interaction that doesn't pertain to discussing ideas. You could be ENFP, but laziest ESTJ in the world is still a possibility.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
@Quiet and Aleksei, please watch my latest video here if you haven't already. People got a lot of Ni from it. The Ne/Ni thing seems to be difficult to figure out. Maybe this video will give some clues. It is in my natural environment and is how I normally am. I answer Oakysage's questions.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
hmmm, I see what you mean with Ni. You actually reminded me of my INTJ father, but you were more friendly and outgoing. INTJ's are Ni dominant. I am wondering if infact, your P and J are close. It might help to decifer your Ni / Ne dominance issue.

What stops me from believing that you are a strong INTJ, is that you do not display the "all or nothing" thinking that I have observed in my father. I believe both INTP's and INTJ's desire to ask questions to understand the answers, but both may ask the questions in the way that might not bring forth much Fe tone. (in other words, wording things bluntly at times).

Regarding intuition, do you ever find yourself forming "that funny feeling" because of tangible evidence infront of you, or do you get the feeling moreso with things like Dejavu?

An example: Ni: Myself this evening: (IRL) I had planned to go to Walmart this evening. During the day while I was thinking about it, my one particular friend came to mind and I found myself missing her due to not seeing her in a while. She seemed to be on my mind quite strongly, and I didn't know why I was missing her so profoundly as we had grown apart over a couple of years. It caused me to wonder if I would maybe happen to see her there. Anyway, in the lineup, I looked ahead and saw her mother a couple of people infront of me. So I said "Hello" to her and smiled. I also told her it was neat that I had seen her there, because I had been thinking of her daughter during the day, and actually wondered if I would see her there. She replied that it was actually my friend's birthday today, and she was actually just buying her a card and a gift! So I suppose for me, I wasn't surprised to see my friend's mom at the store, because I had thought of my friend, after I had thought about going to Walmart. (I get this sort of thing all the time), so I am not usually too shocked lol. With Ni, there is a synchronicity and an end to the trail of the flow of events...

Ne I believe, is like forming certain patterns and ideas to form beliefs. Ne is interesting too, because often times it is a correct intuitive outcomes as well. I see it as different though, because it doesn't seem to discover an ending of an outcome of a note of a sequence of events that seem interconnected. It goes continually, and seeks more mystery as it goes on... Ne is attained through seeking out and linking numerous possibilities together with past events, to come up with several theories. It might resemble something like this: A person sees a pair of shoes that they like, which makes them think of an outfit that they have at home that would go perfectly with it. (That favorite outfit was a birthday present from their favorite aunt or something like that.). They go to a store that sells the shoes, but during that time out, they see an item of jewelery that tickles their fancy as well. They go home, get dressed up and go out somewhere. While they are out, they meet someone who just falls in love with their outfit. It's ended up being a topic of conversation, and then there ends up being chemistry etc. If things work out, they can backtrack everything working out perfectly, all because they went to go and buy those particular shoes that day. And, those shoes will always be seen as good luck shoes, yet less potent of a good luck charm, is they are not worn together with the outfit and the jewelery. But they may make a new great set of events, next time they are worn with something else. The shoes really do represent a catalyst of sorts, that got the sequence of events running. To me, it seems a more artistic form of intuition. Ni seems more cut and dry and specific. Plus with Ni there is an end or an outcome that the Ni user senses will happen. This is how I interperate Ni and Ne in situational example form.

Regarding your apparent Ni on your second video that you made, I saw it while you were linking your thoughts and words together. You have a Ti Ni look about you while you are processing information. It strikes me as INTJ. But I also saw some P there as well somehow. It may be in the randomness of how you linked things together, yet somehow it all still fit and made sense in a way that I could follow. I was able to understand where you were going and what you were talking about. So maybe an INTP as well. For me at this point, it's still hard to tell.

Sorry for the long windedness, and I hope my examples were not too strange sounding. Can you liken and relate with anything I have said regarding the two forms of intuition to yourself?

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
My old boss tested as ENTJ. He said he always appreciated my candor. I wonder if I am not as blunt because the 2 siblings I was closest in age to are F, as well as both of my parents. I've also had 1 online girlfriend and 2 in real life who are easily hurt Fs.

Don't apologize for your long windedness. I enjoy such posts. Unfortunately I cannot relate to either situation all the way, but nor do they sound completely foreign to me.

Ni example: I will think of someone I haven't thought of and I will miss them despite not having anything to do with them for years. I can reconnect with someone after such an absence and, as far as my end, it will be like nothing happened. I won't miss them so profoundly, though. Maybe that's T vs F. However, I won't wonder if I'll see them and it very rarely happens that I do just because I was thinking about them.

Ne example: I hate clothes shopping, but hopefully that doesn't bias my relation to your example. When I was in high school I had this crush on a girl named Summer White. She rode my bus in the morning and I'd always want her to sit by me (since I was on first) and would always try to make sure no one sat by me until she got on. I'm pretty sure I made it awkwardly obvious that I liked her, but I didn't think she knew because she never said anything. She didn't seem to have any interest in me, though. One day it was 70s dress up day and I asked my mom to help me pick something. She said that she was in school during the 70s and dressed me in what the style was for school. She said disco and the other stereotypical 70s stuff was just for entertainers. She had me wear a brown corduroys and a brown dress shirt. On the bus in the morning, Summer mentioned that I looked very good in brown. I think that was the first compliment she ever gave me. I was stoked. Other people mentioned the same thing. It was a good day. I link it back to brown going with my brown hair and eyes. I now know that brown is a good color on me. I don't link it to those specific clothes, but I might have more confidence wearing brown thinking that people will think I look good.

EDIT: And now I just realized that a song from Napoleon Dynamite has been stuck in my head since writing this. I think it is because picturing me in the brown 70s clothes reminded me of Napoleon's brown suit and the song that plays when it first shows him wearing it.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I had an idea and was doing some tallying of functions based on this and another forum. I counted all the functions people said I exhibited and then listed the types that have those as the 1st and 2nd functions. Here are how many mentions there are of the following (I only counted mentions by the same people once):

Ti 7
Se 3
Ne 3
Ni 3
Te 1
Si 1

Based on this, types with one of these as dominant get the corresponding points assigned to it and types with these as secondary get half the corresponding points. So far the list is:

ISTP 8.5
INTP 8.5
ESTP 6.5
ENTP 6.5
INTJ 4.5
INFJ 4
ESFP 3
ENFP 3
ENTJ 2.5
ISFP 1.5
ENFJ 1.5
ESTJ 1.5
ISTJ 1.5
INFP 1.5
ISFJ 1
ESFJ 0.5

Maybe if everyone concentrates mainly on the functions they see, I can refine this and see what results.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think the general consensus is ISTP. What makes you doubt still?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've watched your videos, and I think (educated guess) I see gigantic amounts of Ti and what appears to be Ne.

I would say INTP, but the general vibe is off.

Maybe what appears to be Ne is actually Se in your case (which actually explains a lot of things, like ESFPs being mistaken for ENFPs.....but anyway....)

ISTP seems most likely to me.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I think the general consensus is ISTP. What makes you doubt still?
The equal amount of Se, Ne, and Ni people are seeing. The fact that I can relate to some Fi descriptions. People changing their minds about my type a bunch.
I've watched your videos, and I think (educated guess) I see gigantic amounts of Ti and what appears to be Ne.

I would say INTP, but the general vibe is off.

Maybe what appears to be Ne is actually Se in your case (which actually explains a lot of things, like ESFPs being mistaken for ENFPs.....but anyway....)

ISTP seems most likely to me.

Can Se really look like Ne? Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure how Se can look like Ne. Care to clarify, Wonka?

Hellokittykitty

MBTI Type
INT*
I can't seem to figure this out and it bugs the fuck out of me! Does anybody know what Jay Baruchels MBPT is????

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The equal amount of Se, Ne, and Ni people are seeing. The fact that I can relate to some Fi descriptions. People changing their minds about my type a bunch.

Se and Ni link together through ISTP and Ne and Fi link to make ENFP/INFP.
Ne and Fi, if inferior link up with ISTJ.

Out of these four types which do you relate to most? Don't try a complete connection because that may never happen just go for 51% or over if you can.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not sure how Se can look like Ne. Care to clarify, Wonka?

I have no idea how Se can look like Ne.

It's hard to imagine that it could.

Yet, somehow ESFPs are mistaken for ENFPs, and ISFPs for INFPs, etc.

I'm suggesting that maybe Se can look like Ne, but I'm clueless as to how. :shrug:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well Idec, I'm still thinking INTP / ISTP. :). I know it's crappy and annoying to not have a specific catagory for yourself. I'm also wondering what your thoughts are, about how you relate to each type description profile. I'm sensing though, that you're finding it hard to relate specifics about yourself and your life with what is written in the descriptions. You don't want to read between the lines but rather have is provide you with real and relateable examples. Maybe how I used the examples of Ni and Ne? I will look into this tomorrow. I will see if I can word each function into a real life example, and we will take it from there.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Idec, I will need the weekend to sort through the functions. Tonight will not be doable afterall as something's come up.