• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP, or ENTP? *LENGTH/BORING WARNING*

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have no idea what my type is anymore. Back when I was 16, I tested as an INFP, but we can rule that out - I am definitely not introverted. Not anymore.

From the age 15 to the age 17, I was very, very depressed. Diagnosed, medicated, all that good stuff. I am wondering if the depression (which originally caused me to test as an introvert) was ALSO causing me to test as a feeler (depression makes some people oversensitive).

I am undoubtedly ENXP.

But when it comes to either being a thinker or a feeler, the line is very thin.

I used to be very sensitive, and very emotional. When I say emotional, I mean very lively, bubbly, and highly animate. Very easy to read. I used to feel emotions very deeply. When I was happy, I was ecstatic. When I was sad, it felt as if the world was crashing down around me. When I was angry (which was, and still is a rare thing - it takes something very serious to piss me off), I was enraged. The problems of my loved ones affected me very greatly, and even the problems of complete strangers.

But now? It's different.

I am no longer sensitive and emotional. SURE, I feel emotions, but not as much anymore, and certainly not as intensely. I still get sad, happy, and angry, but nothing like before, as if my emotions are stifled. Usually I am pretty stoic - I'm either stoic, or visibly happy (but only when engaging in conversation). Otherwise, good luck guessing how I feel.

I now face problems very logically. When faced with a problem that belongs to a close friend or family member, it is hard for me to feel their pain anymore. Instead, my reaction is some form of 'Eh, it'll be okay. And if not? Life goes on.'

I can very easily get over relationships now, prior to before, when I would cling to people and be so upset and/or hurt. I am very distant with everyone. There are the people that I am very comfortable and familiar with, and the people who I decide aren't worth my time. I no longer feel 'close' to anyone. It is as if I am keeping myself at bay always, and if a person does enough to warrant me dropping them out of my life (even the people who I love), I will do so with little remorse.

I feel like a robot - calculating, and unable to truly feel.

Am I truly an ENFP who has almost completely stifled their F preference in order to cope,

or

am I truly an ENTP?

OR, am I going through some weird funk? I think this is most likely. I'm still an ENFP.. just going through something weird.

Help.

(Sorry if this post skips around a lot and is worded awkwardly. My mind skips around a lot, I did my best to explain. If you have any questions, ask!)

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Are you still depressed? Or is it good now :)

Do you feel like you're not truly yourself (oh god that sounded really generic-boring-song o_O)

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Are you still depressed? Or is it good now :)

Do you feel like you're not truly yourself (oh god that sounded really generic-boring-song o_O)

I am not depressed anymore. Not clinically depressed, atleast.

I do not feel like I am truly myself right now. Like I said, I used to be all those things, but not anymore, and i'm not used to it. Sometimes I think it's just something I have to get used to, but then I think that it's odd how drastically I changed.

Not quite sure what to think, really.

magister343

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4?
What are the attitudes of your thinking and feeling functions? An ENxP can have his/her judging functions almost evenly balanced, but the attitudes should be different. Do you have Ti and Fe or Fi and Te? Is your thinking based on trying to understand how things work or trying to make things more efficient. Is your feeling more about socializing creating social harmony or sticking with your own personal values and subjective opinions?

(Apparently in some individuals, including my sister, the tertiary function has the opposite attitude as the dominant, but for most its attitude is the same. A suppose it is possible for an ENTP to be Ne>Ti>Fi>Se instead of Ne>Ti>Fe>Si or an ENFP Ne>Fi>Ti>Si instead o Ne>Fi>Te>Si, but less common.)

Also, how old are you? It could be that you have reached a point where the 3rd or 4th functions is emerging. An ENFP in his/her late teens and early 20s would tend to start using tertiary Te a lot more.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am constantly trying to figure out how to do things more efficiently. I am very good at it too. My feeling is about personal values and subjective opinions.

I am 18 years old.

Also, a while ago, I posted a thread stating how I had been so uncaring at one point, that I was almost cruel, and that it was not normal for me. Someone said it was my Te becoming more dominant.

You've just made me realize that I could be an ENFP with strong Te.

:)

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Apparently every person around that age has that problem. o_O
i saw some of your posts and i would go for enfp (unless you're a creepy person pretending to be someone else, then i'd say entj)