• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IxFP or IxFJ? Or something totally different?

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Siiiiiigh. I do not know my type. I was hoping to get an outsider's opinion.

About Me:

I have come to the conclusion that I am an introvert. I need my alone time to recharge and think (although I do sometimes feel energized when talking to people... weird. I'M WEIRD). I do like being around people, having laughs, good times, etc. But I think that stems from the fact that I have a strong desire to connect with people. For instance, sometimes I'll be on the metro and just have a strong urge to talk to someone. Ironically, it is quite difficult for me to do so. I can become pretty shy and self-conscious and I tend to feel pretty defensive when meeting people. I don't want to give people the chance to hurt me (how cliche). I like to analyze my behavior and past experiences. It takes me a few days (or weeks, months) to digest things and form an opinion. It's hard for me to understand how I feel in the present. I feel that it is easy for me to see multiple sides of a situation, which also makes it hard for me to make definitive judgements. Obviously, I have gut reactions to things and have an opinion about everything, however, I do not like to express it until I know all of the facts. I feel like everything is constantly changing and evolving, including myself (which makes it difficult to pin down a type for myself). I sometimes feel overwhelmed by how much I don't know and understand... I want to understand people and their subsequent relationships to others & the world. I think that I do come off as a thinker a lot of the times and I guess I am.... I do think a lot haha. But I don't really see myself as being totally logical and rational. While I have a tendency to be more on the analytical side (rather than just accepting) and am able to see what is logical and what is not, my actions tend to reflect how I feel. I get stressed and blow up easily. I sometimes think that I don't feel enough sympathy for people. It's something I have struggled with, especially recently. When i really think about it though, I do feel empathy for people. People's struggles really do affect me (I am tearing up right now typing this, thinking about it) and I sometimes have an overwhelming desire to just pick people up and help them. But it's hard for me to express that desire. I think that I sometimes have a lot of feelings but no mode of communication. I daydream a lot... thinking about the future excites me. But at the same time I am a very nostalgic person (Si?), I have a lot of "remember when..." conversations with people. I don't really understand the N/S functions too well. I do know that I am introspective person, although sometimes I think I try to push it away. I don't know, I feel that I have a lot of underlying psychological issues that can distort my perception of what my type could be. I have a lot of dreams, but am kinda lazy... I think this comes from the fact that I can be a perfectionist at times. I want so badly to follow my impulses but I get scared of failing. I'm pretty indecisive about stupid things (should I buy Charmin or Angel Soft toilet paper? Blue or yellow? Hmmm... what a conundrum) but I like to think that when it comes to big decisions (like where to go to college for example), I know what I need. Although, I do think that sometimes I am afraid to follow my heart (esp. with relationships) because I don't want to be wrong. I can be a bitch to people sometimes. I'm quite honest and expect the same from others. But it is because I care and love people that I'm honest. I like to think about what others are thinking/feeling.

Something else: So I'm in the process of choosing a phone and I noticed that I have been making the decision based on logic. What does that say about me? Gahh, but I just don't relate to the T types. Maybe I just dont want to . who da fuck knowz.

Yeah, so I could probably go on forever, but really who would want to read that? I feel that I am quite paradoxical and it takes me a while to get to the "real" me. Sorry for being so self-centered! But please, your feedback would be much appreciated :hug:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
if you're male, i'd say INFP

Last edited:

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
i'm a female... it matters???

gender influences the attributions we make about ourselves and how we communicate them, so even though its not *supposed* to matter.... it kind of does :p

I mean, you still might be INFP.... but the way you conveyed certain things doesn't remind me of women INFPs i've known. that's all.

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
gender influences the attributions we make about ourselves and how we communicate them, so even though its not *supposed* to matter.... it kind of does :p

I mean, you still might be INFP.... but the way you conveyed certain things doesn't remind me of women INFPs i've known. that's all.

Interesting... how do you typically perceive INFP women? If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit...

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
Interesting... how do you typically perceive INFP women? If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit...

uhhh, that's complicated....

if you want, i can highlight the parts of the description you gave that made me think what i did.