• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh crap...

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I had a moment of clarity. I ride a motorcycle, I love lifting weights, I've got an art collection, I love skillfully executing techniques... could I be ISTP!?!?

What are the functional differences between the IxTPs?

I need stimulation to think, I only get things done in coffee shops where there's stuff going on around me, is that relevant?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTP has Se as an auxilary function; INTP has Ne as an auxilary function. It comes down to what you identify with more, Se or Ne?

Just because you enjoy some Se oriented pursuits like riding a motorcycle doesn't necessarily make you an ISTP.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I had a moment of clarity. I ride a motorcycle, I love lifting weights, I've got an art collection, I love skillfully executing techniques... could I be ISTP!?!?

LOL, I thought you were gonna say "could I be gay?"

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
After reading the Ne and Se stuff elsewhere, I identify with both and don't see how they are opposed to each other. I have been working on my Se over the last few years. Perhaps I'm fairly balanced.

Most people seem to think N/S is the biggest gap. Maybe I'm like Jesus, of two worlds. Or maybe I'm gay...

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ne is basically you think about what could become of a situation
Se is all about living in the moment.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Maybe I'm like Jesus, of two worlds. Or maybe I'm gay...
You're definitely like Jesus, of two worlds. You also remind me of Buddha, Confucius, and the Prophet Muhammad, PBUH.

Then again, you're also definitely gay.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Inorite!

I'm like zombie Bruce lee, but deadlier.

I'm like professor x, but with 8 legs.

Oh, and the gay thing was only a joke.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Do you take pride in acting on your impulses or do you seek to analyze and so suppress them? This is more of an NT vs. SP thing but I think it still applies.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you better just kill yourself now, being an S is pretty awful. don't take the chance of living like that.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Insightful question, I think.

When I act impulsively there is often an anxious, analytical aftermath. This sometimes keeps me from acting at all, knowing I'll regret it later. As I've gotten better at managing my anxiety and have come to understand that acting impulsively leads to awesome things far more than inaction, I've become more spontaneous in general.

Pride is not the feeling, in fact I feel almost apologetic like i owe an explanation. Paralysis by analysis is my more prevalent state.

So verdict: intp with consciously cultivated se. And like bionic Bo Jackson.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
you better just kill yourself now, being an S is pretty awful. don't take the chance of living like that.

The oh crap... was for being wrong, not being s. No hate intended. My best friend is ESTP for what its worth.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: yeah I figured, just a little mocking

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This INTP-ISTP issue seems to be getting a lot of play lately...

I guess disambiguating your aux and tert functions may be more difficult when they are perceiving functions...

It seems determining Te/Fi vs. Fe/Ti in the aux/tert would be easier than Ne/Si vs. Se/Ni...

I can just see why INTP vs ISTP may be a difficult decision, whereas, for example, INTJ vs INFJ, I cannot...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

What are the functional differences between the IxTPs?

I need stimulation to think, I only get things done in coffee shops where there's stuff going on around me, is that relevant?

yeah, no worries, i drive stick shift and love it, love sprinting in running and swimming, paint and play violin, love action/adventure movies, hate sappy shit...

thought i was an ISFP for a little while actually, but i'm not Fi dom

edit - oh wait i'm bi i guess that explains it :laugh: