• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So, what do you think my MBTI type is?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I personally believe that I am probably an INTJ, but I am still not absolutely certain that I absolutely am an INTJ. Perhaps my understanding of the types is incorrect [this is reasonable since I'm still relatively new to analytical psychology], or perhaps my self-diagnosis is biased somehow to the point where I just think I am a rational or whatnot when in reality I'm not.

So, to destroy some doubt, I doubt that I can destroy all doubt though (har), I will kindly ask for your wonderful opinions, so long as they are wonderful. Feel free to call me an ENFP or a ESFJ, I don't care, I will just ignore these opinions unless they are wonderful and that would require that you say: "You definitely are an INTJ, good sir." Again, I ask for your wonderful opinions. Do not fail me...

But in all honesty, feel free to judge me honestly. I am willing to answer questions to help you help me so feel free to ask them.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not a whole lot of information to go off of, but what you write sounds more INTP than INTJ. INTPs are more likely to admit to being unsure of their type than INTJ. Also the wording just sounds INTP to me.

"So, to destroy some doubt, I doubt that I can destroy all doubt though (har)"

typical technical INTP humor

"still not absolutely certain that I absolutely am an INTJ."

some Ti precision seeking

"Perhaps my understanding of the types is incorrect [this is reasonable since I'm still relatively new to analytical psychology], or perhaps my self-diagnosis is biased somehow to the point where I just think I am a rational or whatnot when in reality I'm not. "

Using Ne to brainstorm reasons for your doubting your type

Here are some questions for you:

What types do you get along with best? Why?

What types do you have the most difficulty getting along with? Why?

How do you react when you're under the grip of extreme stress?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
What types do you get along with best? Why?
What types do you have the most difficulty getting along with? Why?

The first thing that comes to my mind is introverts. I generally get along very easily with introverted people for various reasons, such as: they are generally reserved and this creates a comfortable environment for me wherein I can also feel free to be reserved instead of being forced into the spotlight or into giving something that I would not normally want to give, it seems to me like some extroverts (most that I've known) will unknowingly tug on you in ways that cause some or a lot of discomfort. Also, the conversations, because of their reservedness, are far more interesting, sometimes -- Of course, you will find some introverts who are too reserved and those conversations are mostly dull, but still, I'm not really into large amounts of conversation anyways. As for extroverts, I don't really get along with them as easily, and sometimes I don't get along with them at all.

I don't really have a problem with S or N types and I'm kind of on the fence about F's, but this is more limited to unhealthy F's. As for P and J, I don't care so long as the J doesn't overcontrol me and the P can get things done.

It really depends upon the person though, for instance, my ISFJ father is a complete pain in the ass, he's controlling and emotionally unstable, etc., but my ISFJ coworker is very interesting and we have great conversations about things ranging from WW2 to physics and beyond.

Again, my only real problem is with extroverts and feelers.

How do you react when you're under the grip of extreme stress?

I don't know, I haven't been very stressed in a while.

I suppose that if I'm extremely stressed by something, I will just think about whatever is causing my problem and then I will try to solve that. I don't normally break down or anything similar to that.

Although I do tend to zone out slightly, focusing on things that aren't necessary or that distract me from the task at hand, when I feel very pressured or uncomfortable, more like unknowledgeable, about doing something. For instance, I have had to do things at work, complicated and important things, and I was given sometimes no explanation on how to do these tasks or a very weak one and this really made me very uncomfortable. I don't know how I handled these, I just did. I was completely zoned out and my mind was in a million places.

Hope this helps.