• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram thingy?

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol, there must have been some unforeseen link to a test, because I linked those websites purely for informational and self-examination purposes, without using the test route. ;)

- By these results, you could be a 9w8, 6w5 or 3w2, which will work as your triad/tritype. (I think the social variant for you is spot on.) Whether that's accurate, you can further confirm them by reading their profiles. BlackCat has a few right here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/24965-type-nine.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/24962-type-six.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/24959-type-three.html

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I play therapist to all my friends and my job right now is in mediation. I'll tell you what I do and you can decide on my Enneagram and that'll settle it.

I call a party, they bitch to me, I say things like "yeah, I understand" partly because it's a spontaneous emotional reaction, but also partly because I'm buttering them up so they can be flexible later. I make a relationship with them. I ask them to make an offer. Then I call the other side and do the same thing and relay the offer. Usually no one agrees, but I'll dig down to motivations, make some validations, trim the dispute down as much as possible, propose a few solutions, and then sell the shit out of it. I'm a good salesperson, even though I have a major problem being dishonest with people, even slightly, and I consider convincing people to buy a product to be a form of brainwashing. Sorry, I was hoping that would be more revealing but I guess it's hard to explain what I do. It's strategic. I'm always assessing people's positions and openness and choose my words accordingly, in order to prevent them from digging deeper into their positions. I'm good at reframing what people say.

So, gimme your best shot. (I can still answer questions if they're really important.)

THAT sounds unlike a 9 to me. 3 yeah, 6 no, 9 no. Plus, do nines ever test that high on 3?

Chloe

. Plus, do nines ever test that high on 3?

:yes:

3s test high on 9

9s dont test high on 3.

because most people are in their disintegration point very often, especially considering most people on forums are young.

i am always surprised when someone doesnt recognize himself in image triad [if is there]. i know damn well that i am image conscious and i hate it. but the more you slide to 9 less you are so so maybe thats why...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yes:

3s test high on 9

9s dont test high on 3.

because most people are in their disintegration point very often, especially considering most people on forums are young.

8 doesnt make sense at all if you test 9,6,3 as top three.

I thought 8 was only considered because it was a wing for 9?

I'd like to know how true that really is for 9s, it would be interesting, and would require a poll ;)

Chloe

^ ahhhh.. yeah i didnt figure it was about wing. Sorry... my reading skills are down.

yeah, do the poll! :D

last few 3s on the forum who couldnt figure their type were: mondo, gigi_xo, probably skylights, king, aleksei <-- 3s have more difficulty figuring out their enneagram (besides 9s)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
3s test high on 9

9s dont test high on 3.

Nines and Threes can mistype if the Nine is especially successful or the Three especially depressed. Threes have trouble with authenticity however, whereas Nines have difficulty adopting social poses. Threes are much more self-confident than Nines, who tend to underestimate their own abilities.

Nines can identify with a social role, much as Threes can, and can be charismatic like many Threes. But the overall pattern of their lives ought to indicate the true type. Even very successful Nines tend to adopt an attitude of easy-going, unpretentiousness; they tend to be more cooperative than overtly competitive, unlike Threes. And even workaholic Nines seem to know how to relax, something which generally does not come easily to the more driven Threes. Finally, while Threes can lose their motivation when depressed, their essential goal oriented nature is likely to assert itself fairly quickly.

From here

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always figured you were a 9w1 so/sp. 9w8 would fit too, but I'm really not used to social variant 9's.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the Type 9 thread:
This type of internal wiring though can make it harder to discriminate between what is essential and what isn't, and makes it more difficult to find their calling in life and set priorities. Although their ability to see many shades of grey gives them a talent for mediating others' disputes, it makes it harder to isolate what they really want in life.
That sounds about right.

he's more aggressive than most 9s. He likes arguing -up to a point
I guess the 8 wing accounts for the obnoxiousness too. :smooch:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Actually I think the obnoxiousness is better explained by the presence of certain aggravating people.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tests aren't definitive, but they help to narrow down your options.

I'm not convinced he's NTP. He's definitely not J though.
Peacebaby said he was a 9 somewhere, but he's more aggressive than most 9s. He likes arguing - up to a point. Mostly he likes helping people, more than anything else. Could be a 2?
And he's a huge attention whore, so 3 is possible. And he's really emo, so 4.
Basically he could be any of them.
Just take the test already.

I am logging in late (and skipped reading the bulk of this thread), but I would have guessed either a 3w4 or a 9 with an extreme wing (since both 8 and 1 can be assertive). I do agree with "no" on the "NTP" and on the "J."

...Like the test is going to be any worse than the rest of us armchair analysts guessing his type from a few thousand miles away.

Actually I think the obnoxiousness is better explained by the presence of certain aggravating people.

Yay! It's good to be remembered!

Chloe

Nines and Threes can mistype if the Nine is especially successful or the Three especially depressed. Threes have trouble with authenticity however, whereas Nines have difficulty adopting social poses. Threes are much more self-confident than Nines, who tend to underestimate their own abilities.

Nines can identify with a social role, much as Threes can, and can be charismatic like many Threes. But the overall pattern of their lives ought to indicate the true type. Even very successful Nines tend to adopt an attitude of easy-going, unpretentiousness; they tend to be more cooperative than overtly competitive, unlike Threes. And even workaholic Nines seem to know how to relax, something which generally does not come easily to the more driven Threes. Finally, while Threes can lose their motivation when depressed, their essential goal oriented nature is likely to assert itself fairly quickly.

From here

I agree with all this. And the bolded is what I was talking about; integration is very rare thing, especially in young people. Being depressed 3 looking like a 9 is much more often. It's the case with me. But there are many ways to tell is depressed 3 who looks like a 9, really 9 or 3. For example, the vibe, more assertive vibe is something that I regularly spot in 3s who are in 9 currently. 3s more strive to assert themselves regardless are they depressed or low self esteem.
And KoD's thread almost proves a point, 3s relate to 9 much more than 9s to 3, very often.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I agree with all this. And the bolded is what I was talking about; integration is very rare thing, especially in young people. Being depressed 3 looking like a 9 is much more often. It's the case with me. But there are many ways to tell is depressed 3 who looks like a 9, really 9 or 3. For example, the vibe, more assertive vibe is something that I regularly spot in 3s who are in 9 currently. 3s more strive to assert themselves regardless are they depressed or low self esteem.
And KoD's thread almost proves a point, 3s relate to 9 much more than 9s to 3, very often.

So you're saying I'm a fucked up 3? A 3 minus? We need stim to shed some light.

stimmmmm

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you're saying I'm a fucked up 3? A 3 minus?
No. An integrated 9.
an integrating Nine will go to Three, an integrating Three will go to Six, and an integrating Six will go to Nine. You can see how this works by following the direction of the arrows on the following Enneagram.
E-Integrate.gif
You're just more highly evolved than the rest of us.
But you knew that already, right?

Chloe

So you're saying I'm a fucked up 3? A 3 minus? We need stim to shed some light.

stimmmmm

I cant say what type you are because I dont know you but this is often the case. (it was with KoD, me, Aleksei -> all thinking we are 9s, and we are not)
And fucked up is too big word, it can be simply not yet being "there", where you want to in life.

maybe you are a 9 and sometimes go to assertive CP 6.

you dont have very 3 vibe like many 3s, because i was sure about many people being 3 much before they were.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I did, but what I didn't know is that the Enneagram is the devil's sorting hat. :unsure:

Awww, did you end up in Humpfelpluff instead of the house type with all the cool people? :devil:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fool, I'm a 9 out of 9. You, are a 1 out of 9. You should just be grateful that I'm letting you post in mah thread. Maybe some of my 9-ness (neinness?) will rub off on you.