• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram thingy?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Help. What do you think? You can ask me questions if you need to.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
either 3w4 or 7w6.

3w4 if you care more about appearing successful/motivated/accomplished in the eyes of others.

7w6 if you care more about seeking novel experiences.

I guess 6w7 is also possible, if you place the most emphasis on security and loyalty. 6s are most concerned with making sure they have a network of people to rely on and that their needs will always be met, etc.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
None of those resonate with me. I care about making sense of things and doing things correctly, which means understanding myself and my experience, which always makes me feel urgent compassion--like I need to go do something for the world. I like write and inspire people and set them straight, even if I don't always know where I'm going myself.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of those resonate with me. I care about making sense of things and doing things correctly, which means understanding myself and my experience, which always makes me feel urgent compassion--like I need to go do something for the world. I like write and inspire people and set them straight, even if I don't always know where I'm going myself.

Oh, well that sounds more like type 5, then.

Do you identify with the idea of retreating into yourself to build competence in your areas of interest, above all?

5s are most focused on building knowledge systems purely for their own sake...most 5s are IxTx types.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clicks better than the other options. What's a type 9?

9s are usually identified as peacemakers. They make good mediators because they're typically very calm and collected and it's important to them to help people get along with each other. You do seem to have some desire to help people, but it's more in terms of sharing knowledge and helping others build competence in knowledge systems than in mediating people's emotional differences.

I don't think 9 fits you. Most 9s are IxFx types.

Based on what you've said in this thread I'm gonna hazard a guess that you might be 5w4.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I play therapist to all my friends and my job right now is in mediation. I'll tell you what I do and you can decide on my Enneagram and that'll settle it.

I call a party, they bitch to me, I say things like "yeah, I understand" partly because it's a spontaneous emotional reaction, but also partly because I'm buttering them up so they can be flexible later. I make a relationship with them. I ask them to make an offer. Then I call the other side and do the same thing and relay the offer. Usually no one agrees, but I'll dig down to motivations, make some validations, trim the dispute down as much as possible, propose a few solutions, and then sell the shit out of it. I'm a good salesperson, even though I have a major problem being dishonest with people, even slightly, and I consider convincing people to buy a product to be a form of brainwashing. Sorry, I was hoping that would be more revealing but I guess it's hard to explain what I do. It's strategic. I'm always assessing people's positions and openness and choose my words accordingly, in order to prevent them from digging deeper into their positions. I'm good at reframing what people say.

So, gimme your best shot. (I can still answer questions if they're really important.)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's not a 5w4.
Maybe 1w9?
Take the damned test!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's not a 5w4.
Maybe 1w9?
Take the damned test!

Typology tests are viciously unreliable and provide inaccurate results just as often as accurate ones. I guess taking a test could help to provide some kind of very rough/quite possibly completely inaccurate guess, but that's about all.

Type 1 NTP seems awfully improbable. The nature of type 1 is incredibly J-oriented.

Well, I play therapist to all my friends and my job right now is in mediation. I'll tell you what I do and you can decide on my Enneagram and that'll settle it.

I call a party, they bitch to me, I say things like "yeah, I understand" partly because it's a spontaneous emotional reaction, but also partly because I'm buttering them up so they can be flexible later. I make a relationship with them. I ask them to make an offer. Then I call the other side and do the same thing and relay the offer. Usually no one agrees, but I'll dig down to motivations, make some validations, trim the dispute down as much as possible, propose a few solutions, and then sell the shit out of it. I'm a good salesperson, even though I have a major problem being dishonest with people, even slightly, and I consider convincing people to buy a product to be a form of brainwashing. Sorry, I was hoping that would be more revealing but I guess it's hard to explain what I do. It's strategic. I'm always assessing people's positions and openness and choose my words accordingly, in order to prevent them from digging deeper into their positions. I'm good at reframing what people say.

So, gimme your best shot. (I can still answer questions if they're really important.)

Sounds like you are a very Fe-heavy variant of NTP. ENTP is most often 7, sometimes 6 or 8, and occasionally 3. INTP is usually 5, sometimes 6, and occasionally 1, 8 or 9.

I could maybe see INTP type 9 with exceptionally well-developed Fe. INTP 9s are fairly unusual and often mistaken for INFPs because they focus so much on helping people, which is fairly uncharacteristic of INTPs in general.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Typology tests are viciously unreliable and provide inaccurate results just as often as accurate ones. I guess taking a test could help to provide some kind of very rough/quite possibly completely inaccurate guess, but that's about all.

Type 1 NTP seems awfully improbable. The nature of type 1 is incredibly J-oriented.

Yeah Morgan...stupid. :rolli:

Sounds like you are a very Fe-heavy variant of NTP. ENTP is most often 7, sometimes 6 or 8, and occasionally 3. INTP is usually 5, sometimes 6, and occasionally 1, 8 or 9.

I could maybe see INTP type 9 with exceptionally well-developed Fe. INTP 9s are fairly unusual and often mistaken for INFPs because they focus so much on helping people, which is fairly uncharacteristic of INTPs in general.

INTPs have their systems that they obsess over. I obsess over the mind. I've got a retarded number of journals and diagrams devoted to this shit. When I first read about INTPs I almost cried (not really) because the description fit me so well, especially the way I was when I was a kid.

So it's settled! I'm a 9.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I could maybe see INTP type 9 with exceptionally well-developed Fe.
Tests aren't definitive, but they help to narrow down your options.

I'm not convinced he's NTP. He's definitely not J though.
Peacebaby said he was a 9 somewhere, but he's more aggressive than most 9s. He likes arguing - up to a point. Mostly he likes helping people, more than anything else. Could be a 2?
And he's a huge attention whore, so 3 is possible. And he's really emo, so 4.
Basically he could be any of them.
Just take the test already.

Chloe

i think 3.
or 1. i'd guess 1.

if you secretly judge other people, think you know what everybody "should" do, you are very hard on yourself and rarely express anger towards outside, feel like anger is bad - 1 is likely.
also if you relate to this then you can be sure of 1.
simulatedworld said:

there are entp 1s. but i dont know intp 1s.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tests aren't definitive, but they help to narrow down your options.

I'm not convinced he's NTP. He's definitely not J though.
Peacebaby said he was a 9 somewhere, but he's more aggressive than most 9s. He likes arguing - up to a point. Mostly he likes helping people, more than anything else. Could be a 2?
And he's a huge attention whore, so 3 is possible. And he's really emo, so 4.
Basically he could be any of them.
Just take the test already.

LOL

No, it's too long. That's wh

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^^ He could figure out his tri-type (example: 9w8; 2w3; 5w4), if he's still undecided. That would tell us when and where the other Enneagram influences, like 3, 4, 2, etc., show up.

Links:

Explanation: Enneagram Tritype

Forum Discussion: What Is Your Enneagram Tri-Type? - PersonalityCafe

Tritype Examples: Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

WTF? BUY TEST? You realize I'm :jew:ish, right?

Can someone give me a test with either < 30 questions of a test where I just pick my favorite picture? The one that "resembles me" the most?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 38%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||| 34%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||| 14%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

type score type behavior motivation
6 18 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
9 18 I must maintian a peaceful and easygoing environment to be happy.
3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
5 16 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
8 12 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
1 9 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
4 8 I must be true to my emotions to be happy.
7 3 I must be high and entertained to be happy.

Your main type is Type 9
Your variant is social

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so type 9...but 9w8 or 9w1?

1s are hella into self-discipline, imposing strictly regimented standards on themselves, always striving for absolute perfection. Their underlying fear is not being good enough.

8s enjoy feeling powerful, strong, influential and able. Unlike the 3, whose focus is on appearing successful and driven to others, the 8 likes to tackle new challenges purely because he enjoys the way competing and winning makes him feel. Aggressive, directive, and confrontational, the 8's underlying fear is not being strong enough.

Which of these do you think fits better as your wing? Your test results would seem to suggest 9w8, which I think makes a lot of sense.

As for your stacking, I'd guess something like so/sx.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have no discipline almost, so I'm gonna go with 8, although I'm not really confrontational either. Well, when I'm pissed I like to confront everyone. I'll go with 8.