• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't know my type :(

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*sigh*

tertiary Fe fail for you there Alexsei... Jag doesn't object to typology in and of itself, he objects to people not figuring out their types for themselves it seems... especially people typing others or wanting to be typed by others. After all, we usually know ourselves better than people over the internet do :)

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
Bleh. I already know my type. I just want attention.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*sigh*

tertiary Fe fail for you there Alexsei... Jag doesn't object to typology in and of itself, he objects to people not figuring out their types for themselves it seems... especially people typing others or wanting to be typed by others. After all, we usually know ourselves better than people over the internet do :)
More like nonexistent Fe fail. :laugh: As for typing ourselves, we do know ourselves better than most other people (not a universal constant, but I agree as a general rule that's the case). But do we know type theory itself better than other people? ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:nono: attention whoring is SO two years ago :rolleyes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're one to talk

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More like nonexistent Fe fail. :laugh: As for typing ourselves, we do know ourselves better than most other people (not a universal constant, but I agree as a general rule that's the case). But do we know type theory itself better than other people? ;)

perhaps how it applies to you... of course asking those who know you better for their opinions on a few personality facets is usually more effective than asking EVERYONE :tongue:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
perhaps how it applies to you...
Yeah, but you actually have to get what types represent straight before you can determine that. If you have a retarded opinion of how types work (which is disturbingly common), you're bound to get your type wrong. Knowing yourself doesn't magically mean you know your type.

It's worth of note though, that I actually shy away from typing people without being asked to do so -- I much prefer typing famous people and fictional characters. The only times I actually stick my head in and call people idiots like that is when they display behavior so glaringly contradictory to their assumed type that they can't possibly be that type.

Although overall the whole enterprise of typology is a headdesk-worthy clusterfuck. :doh: No one can actually agree on what types are and what they represent. Basically the only reason I keep up with it is Rule Of Fun applies here.

of course asking those who know you better for their opinions on a few personality facets is usually more effective than asking EVERYONE :tongue:
That much I can agree with.
thumb_up.gif

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... I wouldn't trust thoroughly evaluating someone for typing them unless I can observe them for a few days and such in my own type of setting (i.e. cooking, playing games and things of that sort)... merely reading a list of their qualities on an internet board is a list of how they see themselves, which most people are delusional enough that it's not a proper match up :doh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well... I wouldn't trust thoroughly evaluating someone for typing them unless I can observe them for a few days and such in my own type of setting (i.e. cooking, playing games and things of that sort)... merely reading a list of their qualities on an internet board is a list of how they see themselves, which most people are delusional enough that it's not a proper match up :doh:
That's one of the reasons I'm pretty sure I'm a Te type. :yes: Te users tend to like making quicker decisions with less information. Ne-Te fits the pattern of assertively making one decision and then abruptly (and equally assertively) changing your mind as soon as you find information that suggests your initial decision was wrong. Ti prefers to pick and choose at some length.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:thelook: I do not make decisions unless I absolutley HAVE to.... decisions and snap judgements are dangerous and will only come back to bite you in the ass... and I LIKE my ass! :cry:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had my ass bitten by snap judgments more times than I care to count, and I STILL make them. :laugh: I'm not sure why people think Js are more deliberate and thorough than Ps... The very definition of Judging is a preference for making decisions over gathering relevant information.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my IxxJ is more cautious at making decisions... he still makes them much more quickly than I do... I've been known to be in a state near tears when forced to quickly make a decision on an issue I didn't even care about before... I HATE, HATE, HATE decisions :boohoo:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my IxxJ is more cautious at making decisions...
Of course he is, he's an introvert. ;) I on the other hand am a double extrovert (with all the fucked-up personality traits associated with such :yim_rolling_on_the_)